Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coconut oil page

rcloutier04 Guest

Hey guys,

I find myself eating more and more coconut oil. I am up to 4 or so servings a day. I am just wondering if you guys limit your intake of coconut oil ? I basically love the stuff and put it in/on everything I can. Chicken, eggs, veggies etc

I tried looking this up in older posts I just couldn't seem to find it

thanks in advance

Ryan

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

4oz (presuming 1 tbl is a "serving") = 500 calories.

That's all I will say.

erstad17 is offline Junior Member

Love the stuff too. I'll cook with it three times a week but I use it for my dry elbows instead of lotion. Works great.

Get Primal is offline Junior Member

OTB is right...you're not using too much coconut oil from a health perspective, but if you're counting calories keep an eye on it. That's probably the biggest mistake people make on a primal diet. It's easy to eat a TON of calories when you're consuming a lot of fat...many people end up gaining weight because of it.

rcloutier04 Guest

I'm talking health perspective. Trying to cut back on nuts and seeds. I am 5'11 147 like 5% bf. No couting cals here lol

thanks guy.

I just love the nutty flavor it gives. Yummm

craving it now haha

darien is offline Junior Member

Coconut oil has tons of health benefits. It is good for your thyroid and boosts your metabolism. It has been proven that the more coconut oil consumed, the less likely you will be of becoming obese. I would not worry about limiting it at all. And I found that it is usually kind of expensive, but this site sells 7 pounds of organic virgin coconut oil for $24.03 + shipping:

http://www.cibariasoapsupply.com/shop/index.php/organic-coconut-oil-7-lbs.html

They also have 7 pounds of the refined kind for $7.35 + shipping: http://www.cibariasoapsupply.com/sho...ite-7-lbs.html

rcloutier04 Guest

Im currently eating the nutiva organic extra virgin stuff.

I guess since I am still only a few weeks into my primal journey, I am still kinda CW minded towards saturated fats. It's hard when everything you year contradicts each other. I'll get my mind right eventually

Thanks guys

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member

Darien,

I'm a little concerned about anyone purchasing food from a soap company :-(

I checked the links, and it does not mention these oils' use for human consumption...

darien is offline Junior Member

Coconut oil can also be used to make soaps. It is still the same kind of coconut oil, though. It's similar to how there is raw milk for "pet consumption" but it is fine for humans too and only labeled as for pets for legal reasons. Here are the specifications for the coconut oil where they mention it has a clean taste and is used in baking:

http://cibariasoapsupply.com/Spec%20...6%20DEGREE.htm

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Sorry, darien.

Looking at that link did not convince me that their oils are food-grade. Not sayin' they aren't, but...

I get the "360" brand coconut oil from Whole Paycheck. It's delicious, and I also use it as a moisturizer. I would rather spend a bit more, and use food-grade on my skin.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast