Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coconut oil page 2

darien is offline Junior Member

Primal Fuel

Taken from their FAQ:

"Can these oils be used for consumption?

While these oils would technically be safe for consumption, we recommend heading to our other website at http://www.Cibaria-Intl.com to purchase any oils that are going to be used for consumption. Cibaria International oils will contain all necessary information and nutrition facts that are required by the food industry. "

http://www.cibariasoapsupply.com/shop/index.php/faq/

So basically it's regular coconut oil without the nutrition information and perfectly fine for consumption.

I agree with the above thoughts..

Marion Barrett

Lawyer Marketing

Ecala is offline Junior Member

[quote]

I would not worry about limiting it at all.</blockquote>

Ummmm... yeah, you do need to limit coconut oil. Yes, it does put on weight if consumed in excess. I know many people on this board don&#39;t believe but calories do count. Believe it.

FairyRae2 Guest

As long as you are maintaining a weight you are happy w/, I wouldn&#39;t worry about it. If weight starts creeping up, maybe look at cutting back?

_Eat Fat, Lose Fat_ by Sally Fallon and Mary Enig is basically all about losing weight by eating lots of coconut oil--part of their theory is that saturated fats (like coconut oil) are very satiating, and will lead to eating less food in general and to weight loss...

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member

Tropical Traditions sells a coconut oil hair treatment. Even though the ingredients label only says "coconut oil", they say that it contains more of the coconut proteins/solids and is not suitable for cooking.

If you try to use it as an oil, it will burn. (I believe I read that last bit of info from someone who tried cooking with it.)

Chelc is offline Junior Member

What&#39;s interesting about coconut oil is that the medium chain triglycerides (which compose 65% of coconut oil) do not act the same as other fats or saturated fats do once digested. They go straight to the liver to be turned into ketones (whether you are in ketosis or not). This is very helpful giving you an instant, added energy boost. This is also why they claim it helps to boost weight loss. Coconut oil is also VERY good in supporting your immune system as the medium chain triglycerides are able to break down the lipid cell walls of viruses such as aids, herpes, influenza, ect.

The latest thing I have read about coconut oil is that it might actually help those suffering from Alzheimer&#39;s. Since the medium chain triglycerides in coconut oil are changed to ketones, they can be an alternative energy source to brain cells that are slowly dying because they aren&#39;t able to take in any glucose (due to insulin resistance). Wish I had known this before my grandmother suffered and recently died from Alzheimer&#39;s. Read this article :

http://coconutoil.com/AlzheimersDise...aryNewport.pdf

Chelc is offline Junior Member

Also, not sure about the how much is too much question. But I did read that in the Philippines, they use coconut oil and coconut products in practically every meal they make and they see health benefits from it.

"Weight Loss: Coconut oil is very useful in reducing weight. It contains short and medium-chain fatty acids that help in taking off excessive weight. It is also easy to digest and it helps in healthy functioning of the thyroid and enzymes systems. Further, it increases the body metabolism by removing stress on pancreases, thereby burning out more energy and helping obese and overweight people reduce their weight. Hence, people living in tropical coastal areas, who eat coconut oil daily as their primary cooking oil, are normally not fat, obese or overweight."

-http://www.organicfacts.net/organic-oils/organic-coconut-oil/health-benefits-of-coconut-oil.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12