Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Velvet Antler Spray/ IGF-1 page

cruncan is offline Member

Velvet Antler Spray/ IGF-1

Shop Now
    What do you guys think of the health benefits of this? Does anyone supplement with this? Has anyone ever benefited from it? Here is a review I found.

Velvet Antler vs. Synthetic IGF-1 and other Hormones - YouTube

Paleobird Guest
    Eating deer antler. Okay. I suppose it wouldn't hurt you but what would it do for you that a good bone broth wouldn't?

Blackbird is offline Senior Member
    I think it would be more primal if you went out into the forest and wrestled a deer to the ground and gnawed on its antlers.
    Nutrition and exercise in one.
    "Wait! I'll fix it!"
    "Problems always disappear in the presence of a technician."
    "If you can't improvise, what are you doing out in the field?"

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    I think it would be more primal if you went out into the forest and wrestled a deer to the ground and gnawed on its antlers.
    LOL I needed that mental image today!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

ViaSwiss is offline Member
    It has been banned by MLB.

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    ^On what grounds?

I am very interested in this stuff, but likely for different reasons than the OP. I have bigger financial priorities right now, but deer/elk velvet antler is "on the list." I believe I've found the highest quality product out there, but I'm curious what brand the OP is looking at. I hope you're not considering synthetic.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    Chortle, chortle, chortle..... Thanks, Blackbird.

cruncan is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerLily View Post
    ^On what grounds?

I am very interested in this stuff, but likely for different reasons than the OP. I have bigger financial priorities right now, but deer/elk velvet antler is "on the list." I believe I've found the highest quality product out there, but I'm curious what brand the OP is looking at. I hope you're not considering synthetic.
    The MLB banned it not because of its "anabolic potential", but because they think the ingrediants in it are unhealthy for their players. In that case ban alchohol, cigs, and whatever else lol. I probably will not be trying this anytime soon, basically because I believe it's 90% puffery. If it were so healthy than millions of people would already take it and all of them would be "yoked." lol When/If i ever do try it out, I will be sure not to purchase a synthetic version due to the imbalances it causes in ones body.

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Well, it has been used for thousands of years in Asia already. I don't know if "millions" of people have taken it in that time. I give much credence to TCM -- Traditional Chinese Medicine -- where deer antler velvet has long been a powerhouse. But your feelings about TCM might differ.

I tend to view such things via an economics lens. If it were crap or snake oil, sure, some people would get suckered into giving it a go once, but they would never buy it again and they would tell their friends not to bother and there would be a lot of negative comments on the 'net. But I'm not seeing that with this; quite the opposite, in fact.

Anyway, I AM going to do this and will report back my results, either way. Since I am interested in it for its regenerative properties for the skin, my results (if any) will be visible via before/after photos.

The brand I'll be taking is Surthrival. This is Daniel Vitalis' company. The other product Surthrival is known for is super high-grade bovine colostrum, and that has done/is doing everything Vitalis said it would.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Paleobird Guest
    Nobody had answered my question yet. Deer antler is basically deer bone right? So there is probably lots of good calcium and other minerals in it but why the antlers specifically? Why not a nice pot of venison bone broth?

As to TCM, that can mean a lot of things to a lot of people. Some of it I consider to be very valid. But it was also TCM saying that ground up horns from many of the now endangered species of the world would give a guy a boner that made those species endangered.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast