Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ain't This The Truth page

Griffin is offline Senior Member

Ain't This The Truth

Shop Now

Looks like the health food store could use more meat though (and less grain)!
    Last edited by Griffin; 10-22-2011 at 08:09 PM.
    There are two wolves fighting within a man's heart, one is Love, the other is Hate. The one that wins is the one you feed.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. - Jack Layton

The Primal Adventures of Griffin - Huzzah!

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    A vegan store next to a pharmacy? I guess it saves time.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

MadelynMc is offline Senior Member
    Unfortunately, where I live the lines are blurred. They just opened a huge Whole Foods in an area where there wasn't a grocery store and it seems like there are a lot of people under the impression that if you shop there, it must be healthy. I see morbidly obese and sick people pushing around cartfulls of bread and organic cookies and I just want to reach out to them. It's like they are trying, but are so incredibly misinformed. Organic /= healthy.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Aw, they should have shown the pharmacy across the street from a butcher! I had a mixed happy/sad moment last week when I went to my local butcher and the line was way too long for me to wait in. Yeah, it sucks that I couldn't get what I needed right then, but I didn't mind too much because they're obviously thriving and they might be around for a while.

I also noticed the people waiting were fairly healthy-looking.
    When I visited Walgreen's this week? Not so much.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Griffin is offline Senior Member
    I also noticed the people waiting were fairly healthy-looking.
    When I visited Walgreen's this week? Not so much.
    We notice the same thing when we go from the Farmers' Market and Planet Organic to SuperStore. Not surprisingly the quality of service changes as well.
    There are two wolves fighting within a man's heart, one is Love, the other is Hate. The one that wins is the one you feed.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. - Jack Layton

The Primal Adventures of Griffin - Huzzah!

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    The health food store customers look too genial and not smug enough.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Finnabair is offline Senior Member
    I went to the Whole Foods in Memphis and couldn't find what I needed!!!! It's NOT like the one in Austin, for sure.

Catherine is offline Senior Member
    i've seen some pretty unhealthy specimens in the health food store in crested butte! In retrospect, i think it could have been a vegan spotting. Distended gut. Sallow skin. Old and wrinkly and gray looking. Just looked like an old worn out hippie. Like the opposite of healthy. Maybe it was her first visit to health food world.

MadelynMc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnabair View Post
    I went to the Whole Foods in Memphis and couldn't find what I needed!!!! It's NOT like the one in Austin, for sure.
    Whole Foods in Memphis is a joke. I used to live there It's the tiniest store I've ever been in and the prices are artificially high because it's the only "health food" store in Memphis.

Aloe is offline Member
    A little OT, but my boyfriend and I have started yelling "poison!" to the TV when they promote grains as a part of a healthy diet.
    Height: 5ft 9"
    Current pants size: 20 (Canada sizing).
    Goal: I'll let you know when I've reached it.

“The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind
    is a faithful servant. We have created a society that
    honors the servant and has forgotten the gift.”
    ~Albert Einstein~

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast