Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Pre-Thanksgiving Whole 30... anyone want to join? page

BStoneFitz is offline Member

Pre-Thanksgiving Whole 30... anyone want to join?

Shop Now
    So... I have made great progress in the past few months. From mid-July until now, I have lost about 20 pounds but more impotantly than the weight loss, I am actually SEEING muscle which is way better. I am at about 230 but look way better than some times when I've focused only on weight loss and got to 220ish (losing mostly water and muscle). In the gym, I am stronger now than when I was playing football and hockey in high school and college. Bench press, shoulder press is at an all-time high and I can now do dead hang pull ups! Never before!

HERE'S THE CATCH... over the past few weeks, I have definitely taken my foot off the gas pedal. I still go hard in the gym, but I have been drinking way too much beer and eating way to much crap. I just had a fast food burger and fries for lunch and a snickers bar. Yuck.

So I am starting a Whole 30 on Tuesday, putting day 30 as the day before Thanksgiving. I need to get down to it so I don't spin out of control like I've done in the past. I still have some progress to make... would like to drop another 15 and keep gaining muscle. Ultimately, I'd like to be at 10% bodyfat by the time I get married in April. Right now, I'm probably 18-20%.

I am welcoming any and all who want to go for the Whole 30 and celebrate with a Thanksgiving feast on day 31!

(Oh and I am planning on eating well over the next couple of days, but Tuesday will start the super-strict Whole 30 policies of no protein shakes, alcohol, dairy, etc)

Anyone in?

Tabby294 is offline Member
    I'll join in~I just started on Monday, so this will be perfect!

Biggie is offline Junior Member
    I'll be your Huckleberry.

Though I would rather sacrifice a thumb as opposed to giving up diet soda, I will join you.

Thanks guys! Biggie... I hear you on diet soda. It will probably be the toughest part for me too. Not that I'll never drink the stuff again, but I do want to make it a once in awhile thing instead of a staple which it has become. Get your fill before Tuesday if you must!

BohemianBo is offline Member
    Doin' it!

Giving up the diet pop is hard I will admit, but you will feel so much better, just make sure to always have ice cold water on hand it really does help. I've been diet pop free since July and I was a true addict, a 12 pack a day.

Yeah I have given it up in spurts but I always seem to come back to it. Hopefully this will go a long way to kick the habit.

Tabby... how has the first 6 days been? What's the biggest challenge? Any tips for us as we get ready to start? What should we stock up on?

I'm thinking breakfast is easy... shakes with fruits/veggies and coconut or almond milk, or eggs/bacon/ham/avocado etc.

I think my plan is to cook an assload of chicken in various forms in bulk and have it with a side salad and/or veggies. Steaks, fish and other more time consuming projects saved for the weekend.

I havent really had any problems. I start my day (6 am) with my breakfast casserole that is made with eggs, sausage, & veggies~I havent been hungry until about 2 pm and then I usually eat a chick breast or a hamburger with a salad and that holds me over for quite awhile, if I get hungry in between I have my nuts portioned into snack bags and measured. I drink lots of water and find myself craving the water when I wake up. I think giving up diet pop and the artificial sweeteners has helped alot with the cravings

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    I've been looking to kick up my primal a notch -- been battling horrific exhaustion and I still can't figure out where it's coming from -- so I'd be happy to do a Whole 30! What am I supposed to do? Are we allowed to have fruit? **sprints off to search Whole 30**

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Okay, so I just checked out the Whole 30 v.2 link here: The Whole30, Version 2.0 | Whole9 | Let us change your life. -- sounds great! I've been having way too much dairy lately, and just today I'd decided to cut it completely to see how that would go. Will have to look for sunbutter and set aside my almond butter. Will scale back my fruits to no more than 1 cup of berries daily. And I'll enjoy a final serving of dark chocolate tonight, then say farewell until Thanksgiving.

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast