Thread: Sprouted Grains & Antinutrients page

brahnamin is offline Senior Member

Sprouted Grains & Antinutrients

Shop Now
    Can anyone direct me to research that might give me some idea whether or not sprouted grains (think Ezekiel bread) have a smaller anti-nutrient effect than regular grains (particularly in whether or not they block mineral absorption as much)?

For the record, I know this is not *primal* - I'm asking for someone with osteoporosis issues who isn't ready to give up grains all together.

Paleobird Guest
    You might check out Sally Fallon's Nourishing Traditions.

BTW, where you been lately?

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    You might check out Sally Fallon's Nourishing Traditions.
    I'll look into it. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    BTW, where you been lately?
    Out doing instead of chatting about doing. Yeah - Unfortunately, I'm one of *those* people. I'll find myself so caught up in the minutiae, researching every last little detail, and one day I turn around and realize I've just had my head in the game and left my body far behind. I figured if I wanted actual results I needed to get off the computer and back into the world. I'll be back again when my routine gets to be as solid as the habits I left behind.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by brahnamin View Post
    I'll look into it. Thanks

Out doing instead of chatting about doing. Yeah - Unfortunately, I'm one of *those* people. I'll find myself so caught up in the minutiae, researching every last little detail, and one day I turn around and realize I've just had my head in the game and left my body far behind. I figured if I wanted actual results I needed to get off the computer and back into the world. I'll be back again when my routine gets to be as solid as the habits I left behind.
    Yep, the computer can become an enormous energy and time black hole. I just thought it might interest you that the disenchantment with Dr. K that you predicted is coming to pass. Have you seen MalPaz's thread about leptin. Talk about a down and dirty slugfest.

Yeah, can't say I'm surprised. As tempting as it is though, I probably won't go look at the slugfest (because I know I'm not likely to be able to keep my hands off that pie).

Wag More, Bark Less isn't a bad lifestyle philosophy for me right now and I think I'm going to try to stick to it.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by brahnamin View Post
    Wag More, Bark Less isn't a bad lifestyle philosophy for me right now and I think I'm going to try to stick to it.
    It works well for my dog too.

You also might check out the Weston A Price Foundation in re making grains more edible.

That was my first stop, actually. Mostly I've passed my research on to my customer to decide for herself, explaining that I didn't have a definitive answer for her, but that there was a lot of information out there to help her make an informed decision.

Coconut is offline Senior Member
    I'm glad its not just me who thinks about going out and 'doing' rather than sitting here in front of this square black hole! Although, with a sleeping baby, it is the best time.. I should go and lay out side in the sun!