Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (Misabi) page 19

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Yesterday's workout:

100 swings @ 24kg in 7:27
    10xt, 5xL 5XR, 5xL 5XR, 5xL 5XR, 5xL 5XR, 10XL, 10xR, 10XL, 10xR, 10xt,

5 x GU @ 24KG in 10:27

Swings felt a bit stronger and the 2 handed swings (ie. 10xt) actually felt really light. Get ups were a little wobbly for the last couple but feeling good.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

This week's been light as I had a couple of days mid week away for work, so only 1 bjj sesh and a 2nd kb yesterday.

100 x swings @ 24kg
    (all 1 handed alternating left and right).
    5 getups @ 24 kg
    (still feeling wobbly for the last couple, probably still rushing them a little)

My 16kg bell is now looking very lonely as it's no longer used
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

02/03/14
    100x 1h swings @ 24kg 7:16
    5 x GU @ 24KG 8:57

Felt awesome on the swings today. Maybe it was all the steak and eggs from this week or perhaps the coffee with gelatin, 85% lindt chocolate, maple syrup and cinnamon just before the workout?!

Warmup and 100 x kb swings were good tonight. Swings felt strong, but really wasn't feeling the getups so backed off and just practiced the first half a few times.

Had to work indoors as it was wet and windy this evening. Was a little cramped for the GUs which made me a little uncomfortable.

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Hope things are going well for ya... those kb workout sound killer..

Thanks doc.

I managed to tweak my back again a couple of nights ago (doing bjj not KBs), feeling better today so just about to give the KBs a whirl and see

Swings were OK, right handed felt much stronger than left, with no back pain on the right swings and a slight twine on the last couple of left handed sets.

Get ups were better than last time but still not great. Looks like I'll be on 24kg for a while

Overall though, my back felt good. Just need to see how it holds up at bjj later today now.

We only did drills yesterday at bjj in prep for an upcoming grading, so my back was fine.

The left handed swings were better today, really concentrating on driving the hips to throw the bell up, which seems harder when I'm using my left.

Getups were much more solid today and surprisingly better with my left (which is my strong arm, whereas my right is my stronger arm ).

Update: my back is totally poked and has been giving me lots of trouble this week, getting so bad I had to take painkillers to get some sleep last night.

My physio says I've got a twisted vertebra and a bulging disc, so I've been on total rest since weds arvo. Monday to weds morning I'd been carrying my 40kg dog in and out of the house because he's decided he couldn't walk anymore, but since the vet couldn't find anything wrong and called him out for lying the little punk has been running around like normal again!

So no doing KBs or BJJ until the physio gives me the ok, which will be at least Monday.

Still going to watch my bjj classes to try and keep my hand in and you can actually learn just add much watching from the side lines as you don't have to concentrate on replicating what you're being shown.

Really hoping I can recover in the next couple of weeks add ice for a KB workshop at the end of the month.

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Misabi View Post
    Update: my back is totally poked and has been giving me lots of trouble this week, getting so bad I had to take painkillers to get some sleep last night.

My physio says I've got a twisted vertebra and a bulging disc, so I've been on total rest since weds arvo. Monday to weds morning I'd been carrying my 40kg dog in and out of the house because he's decided he couldn't walk anymore, but since the vet couldn't find anything wrong and called him out for lying the little punk has been running around like normal again!

So no doing KBs or BJJ until the physio gives me the ok, which will be at least Monday.

Still going to watch my bjj classes to try and keep my hand in and you can actually learn just add much watching from the side lines as you don't have to concentrate on replicating what you're being shown.

Really hoping I can recover in the next couple of weeks add ice for a KB workshop at the end of the month.
    Ouch, thats rough, you may be out for longer than you think, depending on the serverity of the bulge, I could barely walk for two weeks when I first done mine, and I was recommended to walk as much as possible to keep moving, actually getting me shoes on was more grief than walking, so....hopefully yours isn't too bad, so you can get back into it sooner rather later!

Me copy of S&S has turned up, simple by definition you could say, not so sure if some of it is in practice....might try and incorperate it into my currant routine, be a while before I'm doing 32kg get ups though I can tell you....

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast