Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (Misabi) page 15

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    You look good already!!

Are you doing s&e again to get more cut?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    dat back... n-no homo
    nihil

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    You look good already!!

Are you doing s&e again to get more cut?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Thanks sweety

I'm not back in the S&E, but thinking about it as it helped add muscle and drop a little fat, but it did mess with my sleep a little for the first couple of weeks.

At the moment I'm just going to up the workouts for a few more weeks and see what that does. I tend to put on an inch or two in my chest/lats and an inch on my arms quite easily, but it drops off quickly when I have a lazy few months too.

I'm a cyclic gym rat/lazy arse
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    dat back... n-no homo
    Why thank you derp
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    I repeat - YUMMY!
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Quote Originally Posted by Misabi View Post
    Posting this as motivation for me to get my lazy arse back into gear.

I've done my usual trick of slacking off the working out for a few months (since my steak and eggs experiment basically) and as a result put around an inch back on my waist and lost an inch or so from my chest and just under an inch from my arms.

But in the last few weeks I've been getting back into yayog and random greasing the groove workouts, with the aim of getting stronger again and putting some muscle on, mainly arms, shoulders and back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Misabi View Post
    Posting this as motivation for me to get my lazy arse back into gear.

I've done my usual trick of slacking off the working out for a few months (since my steak and eggs experiment basically) and as a result put around an inch back on my waist and lost an inch or so from my chest and just under an inch from my arms.

But in the last few weeks I've been getting back into yayog and random greasing the groove workouts, with the aim of getting stronger again and putting some muscle on, mainly arms, shoulders and back.
    I'm now onto the 5th week of the yayog 10 week 1st class program using the Android app. I've done this program previously, most recently earlier this year while I was doing the steak and egg experiment. It feels much easier this time round, but that may be due to this app working slightly differently from the iPhone app I used previously as much as any increase in strength etc.

I've also just had a week off due to moving house etc.

As with the last time I did the program, when some of the exercises are shown as an assisted version and I'm able to do it unassisted I do (ie. Pullups and dips), others such as pistol squats I do the assisted version as shown.

I don't know if this is a mistake or not, whether sticking with the easier assisted variation helps in the long run for progression or what.

I'll roll into the next difficulty level once I've finished this round and see how that goes. The last time I tried it I couldn't do the number of reps required for a few of the exercises, like 1 arm Pushups for instance. So I stepped back down a level.

Thanks to the recent round of selfie threads I've realised that the program certainly seems to be having takes in my back.

You don't get to see your own back very often, but I was happily surprised with a shot of my back taken this week. Shameless selfie pay on the back shot

I would still like to see more of my traps and delts.

In other news, I've been thinking about getting back into martial arts recently. I used to do filipino martial arts (stick fighting, edged weapons and empty hands) and was looking at getting back into that, though maybe not the stick sparring as I can do without any more concussions. I'm sure I can trace issues with my short term memory back to my last one a few years ago. I checked out my old club only to find that they only do fma one night a week now, with bjj a few times per week, street boxing a few times per week and crossfit pretty much every day. They used to do kettlebell and boot camp style stuff as their bread and butter then the ma as a side line. But then I thought it was probably to fast to go once I get home from work to get there in time for the classes.

Coincidentally, after checking out their website I saw one of my mates had liked a Fb post for a new bjj dojo opening up 3 minutes from my new in a couple of weeks, so I'll be checking them out. Their program has 2 evening classes during the week then a day session on Saturdays.

Going to pick up my new toys today. A pair of gymnastic rings, a new pullup bar to bolt to the barn wall and just for fun the ab roller that you hold onto old school style but also can strap to your feet

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    That ab roller sounds interesting M, can you post me a link to look at?????? Cos you know how ditsy Gwamma is............
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    That ab roller sounds interesting M, can you post me a link to look at?????? Cos you know how ditsy Gwamma is............
    Here ya go

http://www.no1fitness.co.nz/accessor...00258?nav=5825

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    That looks very interesting M.
    And not a bad price.
    I will be interested to hear how you get on with that one
    And if an old cougarish Gwamma can say............ Looking great!,,,,,,,
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast