Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (Misabi) page 14

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Misabi View Post

I also need to start doing some ab specific work to build them up a bit to really make them pop.

V-Cut RIPPED 6-Pack Abs Killer Workout "Be a 10 in 2010" - YouTube

Ultimate CORE Workout Targeting Lower Abs & Obliques "Be a 10 in 2010" - YouTube

I am sure you already have exercises but I've been rotating the above 2 routines, the p90x ab ripper x, and pilates moves I remember from dance class (basically 3 different routines per week).

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Thanks, always good to add more to the rotation. I find ild school roman chair sit-ups are fantastic for the upper abs and with added weight my abs respond really well. Hanging leg raises etc for lower abs. I'm just lazy :-)
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

3 days of SAE to go and the start of my tropical holiday, and I've come down with a stinking cold. At least I'm hoping it's a cold and not the flu that's doing the rounds.

Just watched the BBC Horizon doco on the Atkins diet. Had some interesting points and good to show to anyone worried about cholesterol levels as a result of eating animal fats. Although the doco showed evidence that Dr Atkins' diet helped people lose weight and improve their blood lipids, some of the experts at the end were still anti on the basis that we people haven't been eating a diet high in protein and low in carbs for long enough to know the long term effects (and that was from the more sensible sounding of the two).

All in all, worth a watch I think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epxp_Viq484&sns=em
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Tomorrow will be the last day of my 4 weeks SAE experiment.

I found the first week most challenging, after the first refeed it was a breeze sticking with it.

I have mainly ate rump steak @ NZ$10 to $13/kg (it goes without saying that it's grass fed here, just lucky!), with ground beef ($10/kg) for two meals and lamb steaks for a couple ($10/kg). Free range eggs throughout, which has been the biggest expense @ least $6/doz eating 12/day.

So eating SAE 6 days a week costs approx $72 (3kg of meat @ an avg of $12/kg = $36 plus another $36 for my eggs), plus whatever I ate on the refeed days.

Tale of the tape this morning, waist at the narrowest point 29 2/8", at the navel 30 2/8". No loss if mass from chest or arms have So even with doing essentially no exercise since Saturday fat has continued to drop.

If really like to get to my inlaws to use their scales before I go on holiday, but may not have time :-(

I haven't weighed myself since I started SAE.

Week 4 and final update and pics
    I'm 5' 9" (no change there, another coupla inches would be nice &#128540. 4 weeks ago I weighed 73.5 kg, with a 31" waist and a 42" chest.

As of this morning I have lost exactly 1 inch off my waist (29" at narrowest point, 30" at the navel), but maintained my chest at 42". I've also put approx 1/2" on my arms.

I also haven't worked out at all this week. I'm looking forward to eating a variety if various foods over the next couple if weeks, then will probably give this another go, this time concentrating more in my training.

Thanks for the inspiration Canuck!

Starting pics as of the 02/05/13:

18/05/13:

24/05/13:

01/06/13
    Last edited by Misabi; 05-31-2013 at 03:44 PM.

02/05/13

18/05/13

24/05/13:

01/06/13

Flew to Bali yesterday, didn't get to bed until around 02:30 local time 06:00 NZ, then woke up at 06:00

2hrs walking (from my apartment to Echo beach, along the coast exploring and back to the apartment) in 30+ degrees C.

Got a little too much sun, pink but not sore. A good smothering of coconut oil tonight should see that right and start turning brown tomorrow.

The locals are so friendly and I love the traditional food, even though it's not 100% primal (I even had an ice cream this evening &#128512.

All in all, loving my first day in Bali!

Bali was a cool place to visit, apart from picking up a stomach bug. this led to an unintentional 40hr plus fast, first 36 just to get over the vomiting, squirts and complete lack of appetite, then travelling into Malaysia.

Didn't want to risk setting it all off again while we were travelling, plus I just wasn't feeling hungry.

Finally broke the fast around the 42hr mark with some fresh rambutans and mangosteens, followed by claypot chicken rice a couple of hours later after not suffering any ill effects from eating the fruit (one of my favourite local dishes.

Feeling 100% better today, but unfortunately DH came down with the same bug last night :-(

Finally home after just over two weeks of travelling in Asia, mostly in tourist areas and without the option to cook or prepare my own food. I also had diarrhea for almost a week of it.

Thought I'd update my progress pics as motivation to getting back into training.

I'm happy with not putting on a lot of body fat (normally I put on at least an inch on my waist when I visit Malaysia), probably due to an unplanned 24 hr fast due to not knowing which end of my body food was going to try to explosively escape, followed by multiple days where food continued to go straight through

However, I'm not so happy with the loss of muscle mass.

As of this morning my waist has increased by 1/2", chest down to 41" & biceps down to 13.5".

[Edit] Weigh in and strength test results:

Weight: 71.4 kg
    Strength test, weighted pullups: 4/3/3
    Pushups: 31

18/06/13

Dietwise, it was always my plan to give the S&E plan another go, as I was expecting to have some fat to drop after my holiday, still contemplating whether I will go the whole hog or just keep it as breakfast and add some veggies and sweet potato or rice in with the evening meal, for a mass gaining protocol. Kinda tempted to stick with the strict S&E for av few weeks though.
    Last edited by Misabi; 06-18-2013 at 12:15 AM.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Posting this as motivation for me to get my lazy arse back into gear.

I've done my usual trick of slacking off the working out for a few months (since my steak and eggs experiment basically) and as a result put around an inch back on my waist and lost an inch or so from my chest and just under an inch from my arms.

But in the last few weeks I've been getting back into yayog and random greasing the groove workouts, with the aim of getting stronger again and putting some muscle on, mainly arms, shoulders and back.

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast