Thread: FitDay.com, PaleoTrack--and supplements page

Kate Ruckman is offline Senior Member

FitDay.com, PaleoTrack--and supplements

Primal Fuel
    I'm playing around with both FitDay and PaleoTrack to get an idea what I'm actually doing, and find it really helpful...but I need to add things like my D vitamins, Fish Oil, E, and multi-vitamin to really reflect what I'm doing. Any suggestions on how to do that? Add a custom "food"?

And by the way, I know it's not about losing weight, but I'm STILL delighted to have dropped almost 10 lbs in a little over a month...

Lovelessk is offline Junior Member
    Lots of folks have different reactions to paleo/primal. Some will scream that you shouldn't count calories. Some will scream that macros will balance themselves when you eat correctly...

I gained ten pounds on paleo and went right back to tracking every macro I put into my body. It works for me. I use bodybugg and their interface which is much the same.

Add fish oil as a custom food, but don't add it until the end of the day into your macros. Don't let it rule your life. I supplemented my supplements with real food and never looked back.

You can track your micronutrients the same way. Most here seem to be fans of cron-o-meter. I played with it, but my diet and general multi keep me covered just fine.

The OCD tracking really helped me get a "feel" for what was the right ratio of Omega 3 to Omega 6 daily. It was like learning real portion size when I first started losing weight. Once I had a decent frame of reference, I could say, "Oh! Hell! That's what being full really feels like! That's what being healthy feels like!"

ymmv

Quote Originally Posted by Lovelessk View Post
    Lots of folks have different reactions to paleo/primal. Some will scream that you shouldn't count calories. Some will scream that macros will balance themselves when you eat correctly...

The OCD tracking really helped me get a "feel" for what was the right ratio of Omega 3 to Omega 6 daily. It was like learning real portion size when I first started losing weight. Once I had a decent frame of reference, I could say, "Oh! Hell! That's what being full really feels like! That's what being healthy feels like!"

ymmv
    Thanks! I'm just doing the tracking for a short period, to see what I'm really doing, because I was really feeling good and enjoying it before...it becomes more of a chore when you track every bite, and I know that would take the joy out of it. That said, I didn't realize I wasn't getting enough protein and a bit too much fat till I tried FitDay, so I can be more vigilant. I'll probably keep it up for a week or two, then back to "normal" primal eating.

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    I tracked for a while at the start and it was really useful, as I find it really easy to under eat following the PB because I hardly ever feel 'hungry'.

Quote Originally Posted by Misabi View Post
    I tracked for a while at the start and it was really useful, as I find it really easy to under eat following the PB because I hardly ever feel 'hungry'.
    I don't know that I really under-eat (though yesterday it was something like 700-800 calories, but I know what you mean, I just don't get hungry like I used to! I don't really have cravings, either...I'm not losing a LOT of weight, still just over 10 lbs., but I sure feel better.

freds4 is offline Member
    You and I are having exactly the same experience. I began about 4 weeks ago to lower my cholesterol and have also lost about 10 pounds....easily! No cravings, no blood sugar fluctuations and I feel awesome!
    I have used FitDay.com for many years and am still using it just as a reference to see what's going on. I used to strictly limit my fat intake to under 30% of total. Now I check it at the end of the day and it is anywhere from 40 to 50% and yet the fat has melted off my body. I couldn't be happier.

Quote Originally Posted by Kate Ruckman View Post
    I don't know that I really under-eat (though yesterday it was something like 700-800 calories, but I know what you mean, I just don't get hungry like I used to! I don't really have cravings, either...I'm not losing a LOT of weight, still just over 10 lbs., but I sure feel better.

Yes, Freds4, counting the fat in the meat I eat, I'm usually eating a bit more than 50% fat. I feel fine, my body shape is already changing, and I'm hoping the cholesterol will be better next time I have it checked. BP's better, too...