Thread: Primal Snickerdoodles page

Catalina is offline Member

Shop Now

I was just in the mood for a little something today, and the flank steak didn't do it, the deviled eggs didn't do it, so I worked on this. I looked up my grandmother's SAD recipe, checked some grain-free cookie recipes, and voila:

Primal Snickerdoodles

1 cup almond flour

cup coconut flour

1/2 tsp baking soda

tsp cream of tartar

1/4 tsp salt

cup butter, softened

1 tsp vanilla

1 egg

30 drops of Stevia

Stir together all of the dry ingredients. Blend butter, vanilla, egg, and Stevia; then, mix in dry ingredients. Its like a pie dough, so get in there with your hands and mush it up! Roll into balls (about 1-inch) and flatten into cookies on lightly-greased cookie sheet. Sprinkle with cinnamon.

Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.

Not really sweet--a lot like a cross between a butter pastry and shortbread. I'm sure you could vary it greatly--I may use cocoa instead of cinnamon, and you could probably eliminate the stevia altogether. I just baked two in my toaster oven and put the rest of the dough in the fridge for later.

Let me know if you try it!

FairyRae2 Guest

Thanks--I'm always on the lookout for sugar free recipes! (I'm all about using stevia when it helps a recipe!) My ds will eat almost anything that's tasty (esp if I make it into a cookie shape) so that's awesome! Thanks for sharing! I'll report back if/when I try it!

Astrogirl is offline Junior Member

Stevia keeps the sugar beast inside alive and well, even if it is all natural.

I'm just sayin'

FairyRae2 Guest

Thanks Astrogirl--I have read that anything tasting sweet (including stevia) raises insulin as well, tricking the body into thinking it just ate something w/ more sugar. I'm just not going to totally deprive my child of all sweet stuff, when it can be made in a *healthiER* way... (I think using stevia is healthier than honey or sugar, etc...) I personally probably should avoid it though to keep that sugar beast away. :P

A poster from another forum mentioned making this recipe recently, and said she did it w/out the stevia and they were delicious, so that is totally an option!

Ecala is offline Junior Member

These are good! just made them last night.

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

ecala did you make them with or without the stevia?

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

bogusjourney is offline Junior Member

I just made these -- delicious! Thanks for the recipe!

bogusjourney is offline Junior Member

ps i used the stevia

Ecala is offline Junior Member

PrimalCon New York

I made them with stevia-- KAL brand, about 4 tiny scoops, but I think 3 would have been just right.