Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Real Food, Real Health, Real Fitness, Real ME page

JennaRose is offline Senior Member

Real Food, Real Health, Real Fitness, Real ME

Primal Fuel
    Yesterday was very interesting. My breakfast wasn't very primal, but there wasn't a lot in the grocery store for the microwave at work that was primal(I dont even really like using a micro :/). So I had some dumb veggie burrito (it's the only one that doesn't make my stomach hurt after eating it.)

I was lucky to get off work early. Yeee! I went to Whole Foods and went to the meat counter. I remember walking by there as a vegan many times and sneering, almost disgusted lol. I asked for a half pound of peppered bacon!! I have never bought bacon before!! Let alone, any kind of raw meat! It was a little exciting. Also bought some pasture buttah, and some pasture eggs.

A funny thing happened while I was cooking: While heating the pans, I multi-tasked by washing some dishes that were in the sink. I dropped a plate, and it smashed a wine glass. While I went to throw out the pieces, I turned and knocked the frying pan off of the stove and it grazed my arm while it fell to the ground. It stung so bad, and the burn is very large. Luckily, my skin didnt bubble up or raise any, as the pan just barely touched it. But it was enough to make me cry like a little bitch. My fiance put some jojoba oil on it for me, which helped. Today it doesnt hurt anymore.

For lunch I had BACON and eggs! with brussel sprouts, kale and more bacon. I dipped the bacon into the yolks...fucking delicious!!

The bacon was superb, not too crispy, nice thick slices, and the peppered edges were really nice.

I was VERY happy that the meal kept my full and satisfied til dinner. I only had a few almonds in-between meals. I had tons of energy, and my stomach felt great. Normally, I get indigestion, or heart-burn, or something dumb after I eat. Usually when I eat grains...but those are supposed to be healthy, right?

For dinner, I went to THE COUNTER! and got some to-go for my hunny and me. I was jonesing for one of their burgers

I got my burger on a bed of mixed greens (next time i'll get regular lettuce, I fucking hate chard and arugula! I always forget those go in the mixed greens I HATE THEM! )

My 2/3 lb burger also had grilled onions, tomato, BACON, avocado and garlic aioli.

We ate at our coffee table, like we usually do. I took one bite of my burger with the avocado, bacon and grilled onions, a dab of aioli...and just sat back and sunk into the couch because it was soooo effing delicious.
    The first thought in my head was "wow. How did I give this up for 6 YEARS? what was I thinking?? WHY DID I STOP EATING MEAT?" fucking. delicious. It was pure bliss. I ate almost the whole thing. didnt even miss the fries or fried onions. or the bread. fuck bread. who needs bread when you have bacon?

and I felt AMAZING after! Couldn't believe it! I went to bed early, as I was very tired. But, I've been working early every day this week, which I'm not used to. normally I have at least one weekday where I can sleep in a bit.

It's very weird for me to be eating meat again. But i'm liking it so far It's funny, I never 'craved' meat as a vegetarian, although I did eat the meat wannabes...it's just a very weird situation!
    I remember being terrified of eating meat, anything that wasn't vegetarian at least. Even dairy, but I don't even like dairy anyway. Orthorexia is terrible.

Anyway, eating this way makes me want to climb a tree. which is awesome.

I really like how this diet is like a hybrid of the other diets I've tried. It's really fun to see the similarities between them. Like recipes for cauli mash is common in raw food (except the cauli is raw, fuck that!), the date/almond crust for pies, lettuce wraps, cacao/avocado pudding. it's really funny! I also love how this forum seems to be filled with REAL people and not fucking dumb ass hippies who are like "omg, I wont eat anything that casts a shadow" "omg, i'm a breathetarian" "omg, i dont eat anything unless i picked it myself" "omg lets juice fast for 200 days u gais!"

I hated how judgmental those assholes are. Soooo hypocritical, they're like "omg, people just love to judge me for eating all fruit. when all THEY eat are DEAD ANIMAL CARCASSES FILLED WITH DEATH AND MURDER AND VIOLENCE I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY WOULD DO SOMETHING AS DISGUSTING AS THAT I HATE THEM" and i'm just like "wow....." every veggie forum is like this!

Anyway, it feels good to FEEL good. Feels good to be around people who are awesome, I really like this forum

Real Health, Real Fitness, Real Food, Real ME.

JR

belinda is offline Senior Member
    Welcome!
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Thanks Belinda! <3

Today, so far, I feel AMAZING!

1st breakfast was a medium coffee with almond milk (finishing up the carton) with stevia and CINNAMON omg cinnamon. How have I never tried cinnamon in coffee before?!
    I wasn't hungry, I'm not usually hungry at 7:30 am yuckkk.

2nd breakfast was a sandwich I bought from stupid starbucks. fucking expensive sandwich. It was turkey and swiss with lettuce, so I threw away the swiss and the bread. I ate the turkey with mustard wrapped in the wimpy lettuce (wish there had been more). it was FUCKING DELICIOUS! mustard...who knew?!

With my burst of energy from my food, I ran around my office a bit, and did some wall squats. I wish I could shout I FEEL FUCKINGAMAZINGGGGG!!! because I really do. My stomach doesn't hurt, which is awesome!!! AHH I FEEL AMAZING!

My snackie will be almonds, then for lunch...hmmmmmm who knows. Maybe a steak salad or someing.

Edited to add:
    Just had a mini lunch. My hispanic co-worker insisted that I try his pollo con mole. I said no tortilla please, he insisted, but I said no thank you. The mole was delicious! yum yum
    Last edited by JennaRose; 10-21-2011 at 10:46 AM.

Had the most amazing salad at Baja Fresh today!

It was grilled mahi mahi with avocado, pico de gallo, salsa verde on a bed of cabbage! It was incredibly amazing, and it kept me full for hours.

There's a pic of it after I began to devour it. It was very delicious!

shelynne62 is offline Member
    love, love, loved your initial post...had me lmfao. keep posting, i'll keep reading!

This weekend was a blast!

Friday night I went to see Roger Daltrey perform The Who's Tommy! Basically, it's my favorite album!
    Frankly....I drank a lot of alcohol!!! Started the night off with a tea cup of Kahlua (classy), so that I could stand the car ride with my dad lol (road rager!). Then I got a lemon drop at a bar, only because that's really the only mixed drink I know? I wasn't sure if they'd have anything fancy like a mai tai or something. So, lemon drop. hooooo!

Then! AT the concert, had some mixed drink, forgot what it was. It was okay. Then I had some wine.

But anyway, the concert was amazing, I'm sure I annoyed the shit outta everyone by yelling "ROGERFUCKIN DALTREYYYY!! WOOOO!!" at every break between songs. But I didn't care, I was drunk! lol and i LOOOOVE TOMMY! woo!

Saturday, I made eggs and baco for the Mr. and I. We ate it with broccoli

It kept me full until dinnertime, where I went to a 21st birthday party for my bff's little sister...soo...ya....MORE ALCOHOL oy vey.
    BUT for dinner, there was a taco bar--al pastor, pollo, y carne asada! So, i had a big plate of all three meats with some lettuce, cilantro, onion, and a very spicy salsa verde. aye yi yi yiiiii! muy calienteeee! lol it was delicious!
    Also, had some jello shots because the only other option was beer. and between beer and jello? fuck beer!
    It was a costume party, so I dressed up as the human centipede (if you know what that is, go ahead and laugh away, because it was hilarious. if you don't know what that is, don't look it up unless you have an iron stomach, because it's pretty crazy. basically, it's from a horror movie.)

Yesterday, I blew it and ate a bunch of 'bad' food. Was with my brother and sister in law (also with my fiance) and they wanted to go have chinese food. so, I ate a bit of flour on my food, some decadent, (delicousss) sauces! We went to a place I haven't been to in a long time, a wonderful place with delicious wontons in chile sauce. oh, the decadence. they were a nice treat, but not something I will get again. I was very full and fat afterwards!
    then we ate fast food late at night--bad idea! but i'm not beating myself up about it. i feel shitty today, but i'll feel better tomorrow

this morning, i tried to microwave a boxed frozen omelette. guess what, it was disgusting. it got all sweaty :C yucky!
    I think I got some dumb salmon thing for lunch, hopefully it's good. I work both jobs today, and have an errand to run on my 'lunch hour', so I won't be able to eat properly, hence the microwave box salmon whatever it is, i dont even remember what i picked it was too damn earlyyyy.

6:30 is such an ungodly time to wake up and get ready for work. UNGODLYYYY

can't wait until i can shop and make my own foods i love looking at recipes!

Sooooo I heated up the dumb salmon thing. It's okay, not bad!

it came on a bed of rice and quinoa, which I'm trying to eat around, but it's a little difficult. surely i will die
    luckily, my lunchtime errand got postponed, so I can actually do some shopping on my lunch ,which will be nice. then i can make food and eat it instead of relying on dumb frozen entrees. Do you know how freaking hard it is to find a frozen entree with out a grain in it?! everything is pasta this, rice that, noodles this, quinoa that. OR it's GREEN BEANS and i fucking hate green beans. and those are beans...right? lol
    stupid ass green beans.

Yuck yuck yuck stuck in the muck

I made Shepard's Pie the other day, can't believe how good the cauli as mashed potatoes was! I thought it would be grainy, but it was nice and smooth. perfection!

Had the leftovers for lunch yesterday, the Mr. and I, then went to work. Towards the end of my shift I started getting a bit of a headache :C me no gustaaa
    Terrified it might be carb flu, I stuffed some peanut butter pretzels down the hatch (would totally make me feel better right!? my logic isnt very smart sometimes...)
    About ten minutes later, I got all shaky and nauseous. i ran to the bathroom and unleashed the fury. Oh god it was horrible. the only good part was that the pretzels didn't make it through my digestive system. Then I had to run back twice x.x terrible.

I had my boss adjust my back (he's a chiropractor), and he said it my bones were way out. I felt better after the adjustment, though.
    I felt fine when I got home, but I didn't eat much. Just drank water.

Then, I woke up a few times in the early morning to a quick heartbeat. At around 6am, the fury came back, but there wasn't much in my stomach :C hate when that happens.

Anyway, I woke up feeling better. Been taking it easy today. Had some vegetable soup for lunch, drinking some ginger ale now :P

Don't feel much like eating xP not even my favorite meal :C

the Mr. and I watched Fat Head last night! Very interesting!!! Afterwards, he spent $15 at McDonalds on himself lol I told him I don't think that was the point of the movie

I have to work today, which is lame (i'm there now lol), but tomorrow one of my coworkers asked if she could work my shift, so I was like OKAY!!!! I dont like working Saturdays.

It's funny how on this site there are people who complain about family members being concerned for them about the diet. It's another parallel with the raw food diet. People were always concerned with me on that diet. Even though I was eating more veg than ever before, they were concerned. Its not like they were concerned when i was only eating pop tarts and cereal! gimme a break! but now, my family doesnt care, i'm eating meat again and thats all that matters to them lol i've done gluten free before, so it's not a big deal xD

Anyway, those have been my adventures lately.

JR

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Today I drove to Mountain View to sell some books at Book Buyers. I had successfully sold books back to another used book store and made a pretty penny, so I was excited about going to Mt. View. I parked semi-close to the building, it was a bit of a walk. I lugged two backs of books twice (had four bags) only to have them take 3 books for $8.25. omgggg! such a waste of time. so then I had to lug them back to my car. Good exercise tho but i'm exhausted!!
    Got some sausage, kale, and eggs cooking for dinner--yum!

I made some delicious spicy chicken from the free eBook last night:

shit was BUH-licious! soo good, we ate up all of it! I put a small amount on my plate, but i went back for seconds

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast