Thread: Giving up bread page

future21st is offline Junior Member

Giving up bread

Shop Now
    Hello and what a great site, i am hoping some of the members will be able to help me, my weight went up over the years to a whopping 290 pounds or 24 stone i always ate a lot of white bread, i gave it up cold turkey about 3 months ago, i then went on to good brown bread and then gave that up about 6 weeks ago, for the last 2 weeks or so i have felt really lethargic almost like someone has pulled the cork on my energy supplies, could this be down to giving up bread? any answers appreciated

future21st is offline Junior Member
    Oh and i forgot to say i lost about 20 pounds in 2 weeks

jhc
    jhc is offline Senior Member
    I have to run, but read up on "low-carb flu" or "atkins induction flu".

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by future21st View Post
    Hello and what a great site, i am hoping some of the members will be able to help me, my weight went up over the years to a whopping 290 pounds or 24 stone i always ate a lot of white bread, i gave it up cold turkey about 3 months ago, i then went on to good brown bread and then gave that up about 6 weeks ago, for the last 2 weeks or so i have felt really lethargic almost like someone has pulled the cork on my energy supplies, could this be down to giving up bread? any answers appreciated
    1) You are suffering the "Low Carb Flu." It will pass within another week or two. You must also substitute for carbs with healthy fats. I suggest you take several tablespoons of Coconut Oil with every meal. I put it into my coffee or tea.

2) You are suffering from a severe Hormone Imbalance caused by wheat & high carbs. You can restore your hormone balance with a special Paleo Diet as described here:
    MY LEPTIN PRESCRIPTION | Jack Kruse
    http://tinyurl.com/Dr-Kruse-References

3) Read the book, "Understanding Leptin."

4) Forget about bread or any gluten free substitutes forever. Each slice of bread = 1 tablespoon of sugar.
    Read the book, Wheat Belly by Dr. Davis. Wheat & ALL grains are poison to good health.
    http://lowcarbage.com/blog/2011/09/0...y-book-review/
    http://www.wheatbellyblog.com/

Best to you,
    Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 10-21-2011 at 07:31 AM.

Glockin Grok is offline Senior Member
    +1... stick with it...

Eat some coconut oil as everyone said... it helps.

This will pass and you will feel great and full of energy all day.