Thread: Looking at Softstar Runamocs page

1949katie is offline Member

Looking at Softstar Runamocs

Primal Fuel
    I've been barefooting since about the middle of August and am looking at the Softstar RunAmocs for winter. I tried on the toe-glove variety but, am not a fan. Anybody have any thoughts on the Softstar brand for foot protection?

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    I have some RunAMocs and like them, but the model I have doesn't offer all that much in the way of protection. I did get the thin sole variety, so a thicker sole might offer more protection. They're more like being barefoot than any "shoe" I've used, even Fivefingers.

1949katie is offline Member
    Thanks for the opinion. I think I'll try a pair.

perl is offline Junior Member
    We live in the town where they make the shoes so it's scarily easy to go and pick up a (custom made!) pair. I just got some for around the house and *love* them and my 2.5 year old will wear nothing else. He hasn't worn them through the winter yet, but we'll see how they hold up!

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Love 'em. Wore a hole in the leather side of mine. I'm going to have those, and my Ramblers fixed, and probably order another pair.

They don't offer any protection from moisture which is about the same as any other barefoot shoe I've seen, and I don't care for that in the winter. Cold+wet does not make for happy feet. After wearing the RunAmoc's for months the VFF's make my toes feel paralyzed.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    You can buy an $8 pair of water shoes for the same feeling, durability, and a sportier look.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    You can buy an $8 pair of water shoes for the same feeling, durability, and a sportier look.
    Feet don't feel as good in the water shoes, I've tried 'em. Flat soled cotton chinese slippers either. Haven't tried iniQuity's $12 martial arts shoes yet.

Water shoes etc. have been too narrow for my foot.

Vernon98 is offline Junior Member
    I'm going to have those, and my Ramblers fixed, and probably order another pair. They don't offer any protection from moisture which is about the same as any other barefoot shoe I've seen, and I don't care for that in the winter

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Just ordered the boots for the winter. The runamocs are being relegated to gym shoe status.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.