Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ug! Icky feeling belly

Ug! Icky feeling belly

Shop Now
    Went to lunch with my mother today, to Olive Garden. I've been doing so great for 6 weeks on Primal, 3 months on clean eating. I had two breadsticks, half a piece of cake, half small bowl of soup, salad, and not even a quarter of their nasty panini...now my belly feels like the squirts are on the way it's bloated feeling.

I had at least 150 carbs today...I guess I'll call it a refeed or whatever!

I shouldn't have let my mother talk me into it, but she has been poking fun of me for the way I eat, this is a woman who buys FIFTY pounds of sugar a year!!

dado Guest
    your first mistake was going to olive garden

your second mistake is maintaining such a weak constitution. you must not dwell on mistakes but move forward aggressively. this is how winners do. are you a winner or something else?

i support you 150%

When you aren't used to eating something your belly isn't going to feel too great after it. I had a similar feeling after I went to a chinese buffet a couple days ago. I think that had more to do with the amount I ate than the actual food though.

Paleobird Guest
    I only ate at an Olive Garden once and that was once too many. I had the all you can eat soup and salad but everything there was just so massively salty I could hardly eat half a bowl of each. And I usually like salty food. This was just over the top. I wouldn't be surprised if they use MSG in their seasonings which might be contributing to your yuckiness.

Feel better soon. Lesson learned.

If you do get the runs, make sure you get plenty of probiotics and/or live fermented foods to restore your flora. They're your main line of defense against invasive nasties! Everyone should be getting probiotics anyway, but it's especially important during/after sickness.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

I had about a week of eating let's say moderate carb followed by a weekend of SAD/high card. Over the course of the week/weekend (mainly the weekend) and the following week, my weight varied by over 8 lbs. Bloated is right. Water rushing in, water rushing out. (thankfully mine all came out the front.)

You'll get over it. Good luck! Learn something and move on.
    Trying a journal. We'll see how long that lasts....

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread37152.html

I know when I was looking up nutrition info, the sodium was astronomical! Cindy

dado Guest
    too much salt is never good
    Last edited by dado; 10-20-2011 at 02:31 PM.

No-good, especially for a scale addict! And yes I know that's bad too.

Shop Now
    Just bounce back Primal. That's all you can do...Grok On!