Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ridiculous amounts of enzyme/hydrochloride pills-no effect page 2

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by primalTatoolover View Post
    because my stools look like hurricane katrina went through them and my sleep is horrible and i bloat and get pressure when i eat..and i eat completely primal..i dont get grassfed meat but other then that i eat perfectly...theres also the possibility(due to my sleep issues) that my cortisol levels are messed up and my stomach acid isnt being released at the proper times so im just trying to get it used to me eating at certain times...
    Have you tried figuring out if a particular food might be giving you trouble? Or been tested for infections or inflammation in your bowel?

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    Have you tried figuring out if a particular food might be giving you trouble? Or been tested for infections or inflammation in your bowel?
    This^ or you could also have some kind of a parasite like giardia. I had that once. Not fun.

j3nn is online now Senior Member
    Has your gallbladder function been tested? Some of the symptoms of a gallbladder problem are what you describe.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. - Samuel Adams

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    This^ or you could also have some kind of a parasite like giardia. I had that once. Not fun.
    My thought as well, giardia is foul. One of my kids had it. I took speimens to the lab for 18 monts before we finally got it cleared up. It hides too, so sometimes lab reports come back clear but it's still around. Very bloated guts, stinky farts, nasty smelling poo. It could be a friendly guy like H. Pylori.
    Last edited by Adrianag; 10-22-2011 at 02:15 AM.

primalTatoolover is offline Senior Member
    its a bit strange really i have no gas whatsoever and overall my stool does not smell..its more as though im just not breaking food down properly...but as ive said the digestive enzymes do nothing ..im hoping overtime the hydrochloric acid will help....as for food i eat rlly clean..i am trying to put on weight so ill usually eat 6 eggs+6oz of meat with alot of coconut oil for breakfast...lunch is usually 8-10 oz of meat-coconut oil and ill shove all my veggies here usually i eat mostly root veggies...and supper is usually my largest meal of meat 10-12 oz with fat again and i might put a little bit of veggies ..pretty straightforward..meat and fat amt is generally calculated..its annoying lol im also doing one meat a week right now to see if im irritated more by a type of meat..

Horsewoman is offline Senior Member
    This may be an obvious question, but do you chew your food well? Because if there are food bits coming through.. well yeah.
    Gluten intolerance and hypermobility syndrome http://www.cfids.org/pdf/joint-hypermobility-guide.pdf

Eat food. Mostly real. Enjoy life.

Health, energy, wellbeing, vitality, joy, LIFE! Health At Every Size

"Do not ask what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive."
    Harold Whitman

jammies is offline Senior Member
    When you are testing for specific foods, be sure to try an egg free time. Not everyone can tolerate lots of eggs.

primalTatoolover is offline Senior Member
    eggs have been out of my diet for a very long time..i only reintroduced them last week so i dont think theyre an issue..i hope. if god doesnt let me at least have eggs i give up on gaining weight lol

Mad Scientist is offline Junior Member

Low Stomach Acid is more common than not

If your avartar pic is you, you are obviously in pretty good health. *leer* Why do you feel you need to take these pills in the first place? Why not spend the money on some good primal food and leave your poor digestive system alone? Were you having a digestive "issue" or just taking them on general principals? Either way, my $.02, your digestive system knows what it is doing. Eat primally and let it do its job. Don't fix what ain't broke.
    In my experience working with alot of clients, more people have this problem than not. Your digestion is so critically important to the synthesis of neurotransmitters, proper methylation, hormone production, and mineral and vitamin absorption that unless you know for a fact you have perfect digestion, HCL is a great way to go to improve these processes. Try drinking some beet juice with a meal and if your urine is off color, you got a problem. Just because we are primal/paleo now doesn't mean much for stomach acid production... because we were all something else in childhood and/or early adulthood leading up to this. Gut health is quite complex and unless you digest your primal food, there is much room for improvement.

Stephanie is offline Member
    Oooh not good, sorry to hear that. Cortisol is definitely off kilter and probably leptin too. You don't need to become a Dr K devotee to see the wisdom of eating breakfast though, a big protein rich one. It really does re-set your body to be in tune with the circadian cycles. Give it a try for a week. You might be surprised.

And, healthy or not, you do have a lovely body.
    Who is Dr K?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast