Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MissChriss Goes Primal for 21 Days page

MissChriss is offline Senior Member

Cool MissChriss Goes Primal for 21 Days

Primal Fuel
    Friday October 21st will be day 1 of my 21 day challenge. I am excited to do this because this way of nourishing my body is fairly new and part of a journey I began this summer. It all started with the 17 Day Diet, a carb cycle with the initial 17 days a fast from all grains. I've struggled with rashes over the years and when I went off gains for 17 days, the itchy rashes went away. I did three rounds of the 17 Day Diet and struggled with putting sweets back into my life, which are too powerful for me to control at times.
    Then I got hooked into Metabolic Effect, which has taught me more about starchy carbs, different types of burners of which I am a sugar burner, and a new way to work out more efficiently. I love to work out, been running like a mad woman for 30+ years, lifting weights, just finished Insanity, and a P90X grad. I'm still 29% body fat and weigh 137 pounds at 5'3". Very depressing. I've been eating 85% clean and working out for as long as I can remember but can not seem do drop 5% body fat. Metabolic Effect is favorable of this lifestyle so I figure what do I have to loose. With ME, I've been successful with firming up and slimming down, I was 144 pounds eight weeks ago, but I want to now take it to the next level and break sugar habits for good. Whenever I allow myself a reward meal I go overboard with the sweets. It's now time to find other ways of rewarding myself. I hope I love the new phase of my journey and I'm committed to making this next 21 days work

Purge is Complete

I purged all the garbage and bought primal groceries, ready and set for my challenge starting tomorrow

Prima[L] Facie is offline Junior Member
    Good luck on the beginning of your journey! Keep us all posted on progress.

Day 1 Going Well

I've made the decision to do this, now it's just a matter of staying stocked and organized. I'm betting that being prepared is one of the keys to making the change last. I feel just fine and looking forward to a very long walk with my family after work tonight.

beachrat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MissChriss View Post
    I've made the decision to do this, now it's just a matter of staying stocked and organized. I'm betting that being prepared is one of the keys to making the change last. I feel just fine and looking forward to a very long walk with my family after work tonight.
    Hey MissChriss - re Body by Science, I recommend all of the usual weight-lifting sites everyone else does, so check this thread: Getting Women to Lift Weights Like Men Do.
    "If man made it, don't eat it." ..Jack LaLanne
    "It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are.
    If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong." ..Richard Feynman

beachrat's primal journal

Thanks so much Beachrat!

Karma is offline Senior Member
    Welcome to your new path to health and happiness. Your sugar cravings should fade with the re-set of your body and its affinity for burning ketone bodies increases. Know that many who go low carb do experience a transition period that is for some people a rather uncomfortable time, it will go waway soon enough, its your body hitting the re-boot button. Think of the sweetness of a yam or a ripe melon as something to go for in those times you feel an uncontrollable urge for sweets. That and BACON! Be careful about metabolic typing, its not based on very solid science. Here is a post Mark did on some of the shortcomings of MT theory: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/metabolic-typing/

If you have not seen this new study on neolithic diet and how its killing us, its a good read. The western diet and lifestyle and diseases of civilization

Welcome and good luck
    Last edited by Karma; 10-22-2011 at 07:39 PM.

I spent some time this weekend with food preparation and meal planning for five days. I have a feeling through my challenging workweek ahead that I will be so glad I did! I'm a little skeptical about body fat reduction with this plan because I've read several posts from women who are struggling with this. I have a goal of 5% body fat reduction and will stay with this for at least 6 months in hopes of achieving it. Heavy weight training tonight after work...

Crossfit has been on my mind ever since I finished Insanity so I'm checking it out this week. Hopefully it's something I can do and not too hard on my knees. Nutrition has been about 80% compliant the past two days, I need to tighten it up. My really tough time is night time, I think what I need to do is just go to bed.

Karma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Warning on Crossfit. If you walk into a local "box" (what they call a gym) and they look at you funny when you ask if they have an on-ramp program, run, don't walk, to the nearest exit. Those without on-ramp programs will end up hurting you more than helping you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast