Thread: Primal Journal (shelynne62)

Threaded View

Primal Journal (shelynne62)

This is my first post to this forum. I wanted to start right out with a journal because I love to write and have read enough here to realize you are a supportive group of people.

I am 48 years old (will be 49 in another month). I have been looking into this primal way of life for some time. I have dabbled with eating primal, but am now ready for some serious primal correction. I just bought the 21 Day Total Body Transformation book and started my official primal journey today.

B- fried porkchop, 2 fried eggs, chai tea with a pinch of stevia and heavy cream, small pear.
    L - 3 oz sardines in mustad sauce, 4 radishes, 1/2 cup macadamia nuts (chopped)
    S- 2 fried eggs, 5 slices of bacon (fried in more bacon grease), 1.5 cups cauliflower with 2 tablespoons of butter, Papaya flavored tea with a pinch of stevia and heavy cream.

I am fortunate to have been raised on home-grown angus beef, raw milk from those same angus cows, chickens and their eggs, garden vegetables and fruit from the patures where the cows grazed: pears, apples, currants, blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, strawberries and all other fruits in season as we picked them fresh and ate them in abundance. We were "poor" and rarely had any store bought food. Only on two holidays a year did we get to eat store-bought sweet cereal. Our xmas stocking were filled with fruit and nuts (the kind in the shell, it was fun "working" for the prize) Halloween was the only time of year we got candy. I contribute this upbringing to my good health (with the exception of my excess weight), I take no medications, I have no allergies, I have only had about 4 cavities in my whole life.

I weighed 140 lbs in high school and was very muscular, my weight slowly crept up to 170 by the year 1994. My weight became more of an issue since the year 2000. Since high school I have gained almost 100 lbs. My heaviest weight was 236.4 in September 2010. I have lost 40 lbs and now weight around 198 (see current pic).

I am ready to get back down to 140 or less. I am looking forward to being strong and healthy again. I want to feel confident, not only in my attitude but in the way I look. I remember how I felt when I was a young girl, I could hike for miles in the woods, never needed a nap and slept like a log at night waking up refreshed and ready to start the day.

I won't always post so much, but I did say I like to write so I can't promise you I won't. Thank you for taking the time to comment and share my most important journey back to where I started!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by shelynne62; 10-19-2011 at 08:20 PM.