Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (shelynne62) page

shelynne62 is offline Member

Primal Journal (shelynne62)

Primal Fuel
    This is my first post to this forum. I wanted to start right out with a journal because I love to write and have read enough here to realize you are a supportive group of people.

I am 48 years old (will be 49 in another month). I have been looking into this primal way of life for some time. I have dabbled with eating primal, but am now ready for some serious primal correction. I just bought the 21 Day Total Body Transformation book and started my official primal journey today.

B- fried porkchop, 2 fried eggs, chai tea with a pinch of stevia and heavy cream, small pear.
    L - 3 oz sardines in mustad sauce, 4 radishes, 1/2 cup macadamia nuts (chopped)
    S- 2 fried eggs, 5 slices of bacon (fried in more bacon grease), 1.5 cups cauliflower with 2 tablespoons of butter, Papaya flavored tea with a pinch of stevia and heavy cream.

I am fortunate to have been raised on home-grown angus beef, raw milk from those same angus cows, chickens and their eggs, garden vegetables and fruit from the patures where the cows grazed: pears, apples, currants, blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, strawberries and all other fruits in season as we picked them fresh and ate them in abundance. We were "poor" and rarely had any store bought food. Only on two holidays a year did we get to eat store-bought sweet cereal. Our xmas stocking were filled with fruit and nuts (the kind in the shell, it was fun "working" for the prize) Halloween was the only time of year we got candy. I contribute this upbringing to my good health (with the exception of my excess weight), I take no medications, I have no allergies, I have only had about 4 cavities in my whole life.

I weighed 140 lbs in high school and was very muscular, my weight slowly crept up to 170 by the year 1994. My weight became more of an issue since the year 2000. Since high school I have gained almost 100 lbs. My heaviest weight was 236.4 in September 2010. I have lost 40 lbs and now weight around 198 (see current pic).

I am ready to get back down to 140 or less. I am looking forward to being strong and healthy again. I want to feel confident, not only in my attitude but in the way I look. I remember how I felt when I was a young girl, I could hike for miles in the woods, never needed a nap and slept like a log at night waking up refreshed and ready to start the day.

I won't always post so much, but I did say I like to write so I can't promise you I won't. Thank you for taking the time to comment and share my most important journey back to where I started!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by shelynne62; 10-19-2011 at 08:20 PM.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! Write as much as you want. We will try to give feedback and support.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Another great primal day, so far:

Laid in sun naked for almost 2 hours, first time i never applied sunscreen, quick dip the pool - i was amazed i didn't get a burn at all, have only been half-ass primal for the past 3 weeks.

Today is day two of my serious effort to be 100% primal, and be happy with 80%, but strive for 100%.

B- Passion fruit/papaya black tea with a pinch of stevia and some heavy cream. Felt very nausous after drinking tea so didn't eat any breakfast
    L-2 cups Greek Salad with vinagrette dressing, 1/2 cup egg drop soup, 3 oz. bourbon sauced chicken, water.

Then went to the chocolate factory - bought and ate a small piece of 72% dark chocolate and my lover bought me a milk-chococlate covered strawberry, he is trying to be helpful - well it did have a strawberry.

Not sure what is for dinner tonight. I am going to Sprouts and getting the freshest organic vege I can and some 100% grass-fed USDA certified organic beef. Horray for Sprouts, they don't have much of a selection but I figure I will keep buying it and maybe they will get more variety soon. Bought the hamburger last week, I never thought about texture of hamburger but this was "soft" if that makes any sense, and the taste was so much better than conventional hamburger - it didn't leave a nasty film in my mouth after I ate it.

I will come back and update by journal after dinner. We are going to rent a movie tonight and I usually have some microwave popcorn, so going to try something different, maybe I can find something at Sprouts that I can substitute.

So the Sprouts shopping went well. For dinner I had: 8 oz hamburger cooked in bacon grease with cooked onions. Summer and Itailian squash cooked in coconut oil. Greek Yogurt with a few raspberries. Small glass of white wine. Did not even miss the popcorn.
    Last edited by shelynne62; 10-21-2011 at 04:48 AM. Reason: addition of dinner

Good Morning. I am up and almost ready to leave for work. I am not feeling hungry but am worried if I don't eat I will be starving before lunch time. Sometimes I work 8 hours before getting a break. I bought some celery yesterday and had some almond butter so thinking i will just eat that, don't feel motivated enough to cook eggs and bacon. Will post later tonight and let you know how my day went.

P.S.
    I feel skinnier, how can that be after only 2 days?

Okay, so i did end up making some bacon and eggs for breakfast, so glad i did, it was 10 hours before i got to lunch today. I took the celery and almond butter to work along with my left over bourbon chicken and egg drop soup. have to say i didn't really feel hungry, but ate anyway.
    i am finally home and drank some diet coke, which is rare for me, but i felt i needed some "fizz".

Also, I have lost 3 lbs in 2 days? I wasn't going to step on the scale, because i get so scale obsessed, until November 1 but i felt skinner and my stomach looked less bloated. all i can say is WOW!
    Last edited by shelynne62; 10-21-2011 at 07:05 PM. Reason: added more food

pktrainer is offline Junior Member
    Skinner after 2 days! Yay! I love that initial push you get when you first start eating healthier. Good luck at work, I know I have the same problem and in the past I've just eaten what the serve my residents but that food is so terrible for you! lol

yeah it is true, i am skinner after 2 days! WOW 3 lbs. I could actually feel it and my stomach looked less bloated, must be the ol water weight trick, hope it was some fat too though.

Slowly waking up this morning. Didn't sleep as well as I wanted to last night so slept in this am until almost 9am...haven't done that is a long time. We are going to a pork fest today...kind of like a gork fest, but with a "p"...not sure what I will find, but pretty sure it will be some kind of pork or many different kinds of pork....with lots of sides. Im going to try to stick to the pork. Decided i would post my meals on the next day, since i seem to need to edit them so often.

okay, first the pork fest...wow, every kind of pork made every kind of way...lets see; boneless porkribs, smoked bone-in pork ribs, pork loin with ham, bacon wrapped jalepeno's with cream cheese filling, pulled pork, CHOCOLATE covered bacon...yum! Those were the ones I tried, there were more...then I had desert, pumkin bread with cream cheese frosting, sugar cookies, oatmeal choco chip cookies...need i say more..atleast I didn't drink any alcohol,,,i was the designated driver. So I had a good time, but felt bad about my splurge. This was saturday.

Sunday stayed primal, made a roast beef (100% grass fed) wow, it smelled and tasted like the beef i remember my grandmother making. That is the taste I have been looking for all these years...i wondered why my beef never tasted like hers. well, because hers was grass-fed and I was buying conventional beef in the grocery. Also made sweet potatoes, carrots and onions...lots and lots of butter.

Monday;
    b-bacon and eggs
    l- left over beef roast with small pear
    s-left over beef roast. some dark chocolate, greek honey yogurt with blueberries.

I am out of beef roast, boo hoo! Making my chicken tomarrow...with acorn squash.

Worked today, unwinding alittle. starting a new schedule next week...8am - 630p,,,won't have to get up @ 4am anymore...woohoo.
    September 2010 SW 236 lbs.
    March 2011 lowest primal weight 190
    November 2012 CW 210 (yeah, I know)
    11/16/12 206.6
    GW 140 - 160 ( we'll see when we get there)

I'm not always consistent, but I am consistently inconsistent.

"If vibrant had a sound it would be you, welcome back to life" Michael Brown (my son)

Just wanted to add, I met a man today that was 90 years old.. But he looked 70...asked him how he lived,he told me he still smoked and drank on occassion, and loved to eat meat! I was astounded at how great he looked, I was flabbergasted when I found out he was 90. He said he really wasnt' sure how old he was,,,never had any paperwork to prove his age, but based on some pictures he ha, the concensus was he was around 90, possibly older!
    11/16/12 206.6

"If vibrant had a sound it would be you, welcome back to life" Michael Brown (my son)

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    didn't realize how fast the days go.
    B- bacon
    l-toss salad with ranch dressing, 2 chicken drunsticks, sugar cookie, small pc chocolate cake
    s- 2 sugar cookies
    S-whopper, small fries, diet coke

had a potluck at work, should have never ate the cookie, set me off on a tailspin...i know better now.
    11/16/12 206.6

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast