Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (shelynne62) page 3

shelynne62 is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So today I was right back to primal eating without missing a beat. Amazing how quickly my body seems to adjust.
    B- scrambled eggs with bits of bacon and sausage
    L- small green salad with roast beef, olive oil and ranch dressing. cooked mixed vege
    s - 2 hamburgers wrapped in romaine lettuce with mayo.
    snacks- turkey bites (kind of like summer sausage)

And now will have a few beers...well it was almost a perfect day!
    September 2010 SW 236 lbs.
    March 2011 lowest primal weight 190
    November 2012 CW 210 (yeah, I know)
    11/16/12 206.6
    GW 140 - 160 ( we'll see when we get there)

I'm not always consistent, but I am consistently inconsistent.

"If vibrant had a sound it would be you, welcome back to life" Michael Brown (my son)

Has it really been 8 months since I last posted? No, I haven't forgotten ya all...just been living life and trying for the 80/20. My weight has been up and down, last time i weighed I was 204.2.

Had a hysterectomy a week ago and am still feeling bloated and miserable. Stupid me ate carbs...talk about major bloat, constipation and pain....to say the least I am totally convinced that grains are POISON!

I have managed to walk a bit over the past few days, I tried one chin-up (unsuccessful), I am restricted on lifting weights (yeah, like a chin-up isn't stressing out my abdominal muscles...lol) for a few more weeks. I am taking the full 6 weeks off work and hoping I am feeling better in a week or two, then I will start focusing on my health. I am looking forward to the New Year and the chance to participate in the 2013 challange. I find reading success stories keep me motivated. I noticed toward the end of all those "in-progress", no one was updating...I will try not to do that!

I have been pretty much 80/20 over the past 8 months, I think my weight has stayed about the same. I am in full-blown menopause now and I can say that the hot flashes are not so bad, but the insomnia is killing me.

So I will try to keep you up to date on my foods;
    b-3 egg omelet with spinach, feta cheese, black olives. Fried Potatoes (I know), sourdough bread (I know)
    L -IF (9Hours)
    S-Greek Salad, 2 big meatballs and 1 itailian sausage in marinara sauce.
    Snack - Activa yogurt (trying to keep from getting constipated)
    11/16/12 206.6

"If vibrant had a sound it would be you, welcome back to life" Michael Brown (my son)

I want to rename my journal to "YO-YO Primal" as in I yo-yo back and forth between staying primal and being totally carb addicted. My weight fluctuates as I eat carbs (as in grains). I exercised today, walked 35 minutes. Hiked 1 hour the day before. Have only had coffee today so far. I'm loving this site so much.

I was astonished that I gained 7 lbs in 3 days from eating too many grains, but then lost those same 7 lbs in a week going back to primal. See what I mean about being a yo-yo primal. This can not be good for me. The weight gain I would guess is water weight from my body trying to cool down the inflammation the grains cause.

I am finding out that my boyfriend and I are totally enabling each other to eat like crap. I have to remember to take responsibilty for my health and remain strong in the face of a submarine sandwich. I always gain weight the days I spend with him and then when I get home after a few days I feel like shit. Bloated and guilt ridden too.

So maybe just staying primal and doing what I know is the best for me will bring to light weather I want to continue to subject myself to the temptations that await me everytime I am with the one I love. Be stong, be true and follow your primal instincts!
    11/16/12 206.6

Update on eating today;

Black coffee
    cottage cheese (approx 1 cup)
    Dark chocolate covered walnuts (approx 1/2 cup)
    Whole milk vanilla yogurt (approx 1/2 cup)
    I'm cooking Kale chips right now.

Went to sprouts and bought:

Grass fed strip steak (having for supper tonight)
    Organic spring salad mix
    Bella Baby mushrooms
    uncured bacon
    coconut coffee creamer
    bulk sea salt
    bulk almond meal
    big bunch of Kale
    vanilla whole milk yogurt
    dark choco covered walnuts

Total = 29.00 plus change.
    11/16/12 206.6

Made kale chips last night and they were good, put too much salt on the first batch though. The second batch was delish. I used some on my omelet this am. What happens if you eat too many kale chips?...I must have ate 1/2 a bunch. I did take some to my neighbor, he thought they were good. His wife gave me some powder drink stuff called. "Greens" supposably it has nutrients and such in it. Anyone heard of it?

I cooked the steak last night and it was not as good as I thought it would be. I just can't seem to cook steak very well, any suggestions?

Going to lunch with some friends, mexican, so hoping to find a BAS or something else. Think i will eat something before I leave so I'm not tempted to eat crap.

I had a headache all day yesterday, think it was carb detox. I did not sleep well last night. Maybe it was the coffee I had at 2130, idk.

Major breakthrough today...I had tea instead of coffee. 2 chai tea bags steeped for 5, coconut creamer and 6 drops of sweet drops (stevia, vanilla flavor) yummy...made a 2nd cup. I have been trying different things to break my addiction to french vanilla creamer and I think I may have found the combination, just wish the coconut cream wasn't so damm expensive, i use ALot in my coffee.

Looking forward to spending time with friends today. Have not had much social life as I have been out on disability d/t my hysterectomy on 10/4. I go back to work 11/25. I must say I feel so much better than I did when I was bleeding all the time, even though I am having some hotflashes and night sweats (what's the diff?) it is still better than the pain, lethargy and expense of perpetual periods x 2 years.

Meals plan for today:

B - 4 egg omelet with peppers/onions/kale (done and eaten)
    L - BAS or other meat/vege for lunch at the Pita Jungle
    S - Chicken breast with toss salad (olive oil/garlic/mrs dash/lemon, for dressing)

Goals for today:

Drink some water
    walk for 30 minutes
    read something inspiring
    11/16/12 206.6

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Good plan for the day!

My hubs taught me to cook a steak. Take a pan that can be placed in the oven (425-450 degrees). First you want to sear the steak, 2.5 minutes on one side and about 2 mins on the other (it is going on the oven with the 2nd side down so doesn't need as long. Place your pan on the stove top and heat it on MedHigh or 7 on an electric. Give it a few minutes to get hot, then put some butter or ghee in the pan and let it get hot. Season your steaks with salt pepper or spices you want, then place the steak into the butter for 2.5 mins. Right before you flip it, put another TBSP of butter in the pan, flip your steak, let it sear for a minute, then tip your pan and start spooning the butter over the steak for about 1.5 mins. Then pop it in the oven until desired level, I like MR, so I rarely leave it for more than 3-5 minutes. Remember, you can always cook more, but not less! Take the steak out, set it on a plate or broiler pan for 5 minutes and eat.

Thank you...no more ruined steaks for me!

Did well yesterday. Ordered Salmon Salad for lunch, passed up the bread with the hummus but did eat a few tbls of hummus. Drank plain ice-tea.
    Went to my friends after lunch and stayed for supper, had an ounce each of salami and cooked ham in a BAS, didn't eat much though because I just was not hungry at all, used balsamic vinegrette dressing, just a smidge. Had a cup of chai tea (she has a kuerig (sp) with those little cups, better than starbucks!)

Got home late so I never walked yesterday
    I did read some in my book. (Excuses Begone! Dr Wayne Dyer)
    I drank 3 cups of plain water besides the tea and other liquid I had yesterday.

So today...

Meal Plan:

Banana
    mini serving of popcorn ( i know)
    24oz coffee with french vanilla creamer (I said I was trying)
    Chai tea with coconut cream and 5 drops of vanilla flavored stevia

Okay I confess, I already ate all the above items, so they don't really count as a plan, so my lessons learned today is to update my journal in the morning before I start eating so I have a plan to follow. I am pretty good at sticking with plans, but don't let me loose with no direction. I'll end up lost in the candy isle!

Meal plans for the rest of the day:

Chicken breast fried in olive oil and butter and BAS
    Chai Tea with fixin's
    4 hard boiled eggs, I will make them deviled so add mayo (still using up SAD food)
    1/2 cup of the whole milk yogurt I bought the other day (I put it into 4 serving sizes and froze it)

Goals for Today (what's left of it, 3:30pm here)

Drink some water
    Walk 30 minutes
    Do 10 modified pull-ups or chin-ups, always get these confused (bought me a pull/chip-up bar the goes over a door)
    Read another chapter in my book
    Last edited by shelynne62; 11-16-2012 at 06:46 AM. Reason: error
    11/16/12 206.6

Hello...Happy 50th birthday to me.

Having a cheat DAY...

See you tomarrow

oh yeah....weighed 206.6 this am.
    11/16/12 206.6

So my birthday slurge was a hot-dog on a bun and a big cake like donut with glaze and a marshmallow snowball treat. Not too bad for a cheat day.

Meal Plan for today:

B- Eggs and bacon
    L- IF
    S- Going out to eat will chose meat and vege and salad.

Snacks;

Frozen Whole yogurt
    hard boiled eggs
    pickle

Goals for today:

Walk 30 minutes
    Lift something heavy
    read something inspirational

Spend time with the one I LOVE.
    11/16/12 206.6

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Happy belated birthday! Not a cheat day, a treat day!!

and 206.6!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast