Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (shelynne62) page 2

shelynne62 is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Was a rough week for me, I went into a downward spiral after the potluck, made some pb cookies on Friday morning and ate, ate, ate them. By friday night I was looking for a fight, my emotions were out of control and I cried for 2 days. I am not sure what happened to me, but I had the worse headache in my life Saturday night, not even 600mg of motrin helped. I also consumed more carbs with a big kaiser roll and some deep-fried onions, not to forget 2 rum and cokes. What a mess I was, started reading MDA, because this always knocks some sense into me and came across a post by someone that mentioned how carbs affected them this way also. Decided eating like that was not worth the literal headache, out-of-control emotions and possibility of losing the most important person in my life (who would put up with a raving lunatic?)

Thought I knew better after the potluck fiasco, but sometimes it takes a big scare like what I had friday and saturday to truly convince one that eating grains and sugars are not only bad for your body, but your mind as well.

B- IF (15 hours)
    L - 3 egg omelet with red peppers, onions and mushrooms sauted in bacon fat, 5 slices of bacon
    S - (cooking some boneless pork shoulder with lots of fat, will have acorn squash and beets with this)
    September 2010 SW 236 lbs.
    March 2011 lowest primal weight 190
    November 2012 CW 210 (yeah, I know)
    11/16/12 206.6
    GW 140 - 160 ( we'll see when we get there)

I'm not always consistent, but I am consistently inconsistent.

"If vibrant had a sound it would be you, welcome back to life" Michael Brown (my son)

Happy Halloween...only ate a few pieces of candy, stayed primal the rest of the day.
    B- 5slices bacon, 2 fried eggs, chaitea with truvia and heavy cream
    L-large cooked beet, 1/4 acron squash, pork shoulder (fat and all) lots of butter.
    S-4oz rib eye steak cooked in butter and some bacon fat.
    11/16/12 206.6

"If vibrant had a sound it would be you, welcome back to life" Michael Brown (my son)

I haven't been jounaling because i haven't been eating very primal..I start out good in the morning but mess up by nighttime. I am so constipated i am having stomach pains today...guess i'll take some mag citrate before bed and see if it resolves.
    11/16/12 206.6

i am really having a hard time. i am finding every excuse i can think of..besides it being close to TOM, I am retaining water so my weight is going up...I have an ob/gyn appointment next month to see about getting the novasure procedure so I won't have to go through this PMS crap everymonth. I overeat, oversleep and my boobs feel like they are going to explode. I am close to menopause but not close enough for me. i just don't want to deal with a monthly cycle.
    11/16/12 206.6

Okay...back on again. Had a few weeks of crazy ass eating and gained like 12 pounds. Really been trying and decided I would just stay primal for 1 day. 1 day has turned into 3. I am feeling better, having less pain in my joints. Bought some grass-fed beef today for lunches my next 3 days on.
    I am disappointed that my psoriasis hasn't totally disappeared. Ate some conventional beef and chicken over the past week so wonder if this may have been a factor. I also had some crackers on thursday with pepperoni and cheese. Seems like I eat grains and my psoriasis gets worse each time. Am thinking that sugar may also play a role.

Been craving chocolate lately and today indulged in some chocolate covered almonds. They didn't taste as good as I remember.

The most positive change I have noticed has been my energy level. Not that I am feeling like I could run a marathon, but I have been keeping my house cleaner and actually doing some housework after working 10 - 12 hours, wow, I would usually come home, crawl into my pajamas, read a little and then toss and turn for 10 hours.

I am sleeping better, but this may be due to working a day shift now. Stopped working nights almost 2 months ago. That has been a big change for me as I have worked nights for 7 years. I always felt tired and never felt like I got enough sleep. I took a nap every chance I could. My sleep is a better quailty as well. I still wake up during the night, but am able to go back to sleep easier.

My allergies seem better, I'm not sneezing all the time.

I have been half-ass primal for months, with a few days strung together that were fully primal. I am just going to keep going and try to stick with it. Eventually I will have more primal days than half-ass days. BTW, I have lost 9 of the 12 pounds I gained. I know alot of it was inflammatory water weight, but that is alright with me. My pants are fitting better today than they have in a while.

B-2 eggs, 6 oz beef roast, green tea.
    snack- chocolate covered almonds, walnuts, dried cranberries and blueberries, raw almonds (1/2 cup total)
    D- will have: grass-fed hamburger with squash, portabello mushrooms, tapioca hamburger buns (wheat and gluten free)
    11/16/12 206.6

ELCO14 is offline Senior Member
    Hey shelynne62- we did an elimination diet for our son who has psoriasis where we cut all autoimmune trigger foods; eggs, dairy, nightshades, legumes and nuts. We reintroduced very slowly (1 item every 4 days) to see what foods triggered a flare up and it was the nightshades (green bell peppers) that was the culprit.

Also just a recommendation but that is a lot of nuts for a snack that I would try and do without. If you have a craving for chocolate I always go for this. Oh and ditch the tapioca buns... all that is is a glucose storm waiting to happen if you know what I mean.

Glad you found your way back and keep movin forward!
    Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

thanks ELCO14. I was dx with psoriasis when I was 25. I'm going on 50 now and I do notice tomatos seem to bring it on too. I think tomatos are in the nightshade family. And as far as the Tapioca buns...yuck, they tasted awful. Ended up just eating the burger and vege's. I use to love breads and pasta's but my pustular palmer psoriasis will get really when I eat even a little bit. I have been noticing that my taste buds are changing. I don't crave "flour" products like I use too.

Thank again for your input!
    11/16/12 206.6

Had a major "primal" moment yesterday. It was liberating. Some drug reps brought lunch for us...boston market. The only primal thing on the whole buffet was the chicken and green beans. I ended up only eating some green beans. I had taken some NY strip steak (grass-fed) with me and ate that and some green beans.

I wasn't even tempted by the: Corn bread, Chocochip cookies, Brownies, Mac and cheese, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy, Meatloaf.

Holy Moly...I have never passed up a chocolate chip cookie before! The most surprising thing for me though was knowing what was good food and what was crap.

All I know is that I feel better eating primal. Sugar is a big problem for me, it causes me to get mean and have major sugar cravings. I will just stay away. I was so proud of myself for listening to my body speak. Major breakthrough for me!

I love MDA!
    11/16/12 206.6

So 2 weeks of pretty consistent primal eating and I am down 13 lbs. My energy is up (not through the roof, but up) and my attitude is better. I feel almost compelled to stick with it because I am feeling so much better. I know I can have anything I want to eat and ocassionally I will indulge, but for me, the thought of the bloating and instant weight gain hold me back from the evil grain-infested foods.

Last night I indulged with some chocolate covered almonds, but I only ate a handful and not the whole bag, so I am making progress.

One side benefit I have noticed is the way I feel more in control of my choices. I have made some sort of connection between my brain and my body that I don't quite understand. I use to be a victim to my body demands for sugar, sweets, laziness, but now I can make choices from my brain and my body is cooperating. It is almost like my brain has finally won and my body has decided something wiser is making good choices and has decided to "obey". I know it sounds crazy, but I have a confidence that I didn't have before. I have a feeling of well being and a "knowing" that everything is going to be alright.

So on that note I will post what I ate yesterday.

B- 2 large organic eggs, 4 slices un-cured bacon, green tea
    L- 6 oz new york strip steak (grass-fed), 1/2 cup asparagus
    S- 1/2 cup of banana squash with lots of butter

Snack- 1/2 cup trail mix and a handful of chocolate covered almonds.

I need to up my intake of vegetables and add some more green stuff. I wasn't really hungry yesterday so didn't eat much.
    11/16/12 206.6

PrimalCon New York
    Oh the famous last words. All it takes is one slip and I am back to my old ways. I am so tired of struggling with food. I wish everyone was primal, it would be so easy ya know?! Not sure what pulled the rug out from under me, but here I am again...remorseful and struggling to make this work. So has it really been over a month since I blogged? Guess so. I do come here to read and I love friday's success stories. Inspiring, but not motivating enough for me yet.

I bought some self hypnosis tapes on quitting smoking, I just don't feel like I can be true to the primal way as long as I am smoking. After awhile I start obsessing about what I eat and what I do. I'm not sure this is a healthy way of thinking.

We'll it's back to the drawing board for me....
    11/16/12 206.6

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast