Page 1 of 78 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: "Frustrations" with paleo/primal

Hybrid View

"Frustrations" with paleo/primal

I've been laughing about some of these "backhanded complaints" about primal with a friend of mine who is also primal. They're kind of in a similar vein to #WhiteWhines or #FirstWorldProblems, if anyone is familiar with those memes. Anyway, I thought Id share, and hopefully hear some other good ones as well!

1) Before I went primal 5 months ago, I bought a pair of capri exercise pants from Costco that I really liked. I got them home to try them on, and found they were too small. The next day I went all the way back to the store to exchange them for a larger size. Now, this larger size is *falling off of me* and they dont carry the pants anymore so I cant get a smaller one! Balls!

2) Im having trouble making room for all my grass-fed meats (from a local meat CSA) in my freezer.

3) I have so much energy at work that im always having to get up and walk around outside.
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

I wanted to make some humorous complaints, but after a full minute of contemplation, I only could come up with loose clothes. No complaints from me! Hehehe.

I really hate waking up before my alarm clock goes off... what a waste of money that thing was.

1. At lunchtime, I have to endure the jealous stares of coworkers eating sad cafeteria food.
    2. My purple VFFs clash with all of my hiking clothes.
    3. Now that I don't get sunburned anymore, I lose track of time while enjoying the outdoors.

Now do you not get sunburned? I am so fair skinned and so is my oldest. Please share.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiveholts714 View Post
    Now do you not get sunburned? I am so fair skinned and so is my oldest. Please share.
    I upped my vitamin D uptake, and unless I'm out in the sun for an extended period of time, I now tan lightly instead of burning. Last summer was the deepest tan I've ever gotten.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    I upped my vitamin D uptake, and unless I'm out in the sun for an extended period of time, I now tan lightly instead of burning. Last summer was the deepest tan I've ever gotten.
    How much vitamin D do you take? I'm fair skinned and burn easily, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Chanda View Post
    How much vitamin D do you take? I'm fair skinned and burn easily, too.
    Probably more than a doctor would recommend. The lowest dosage at which I could find records of people having side effects was over 40,000IU. I can tell a difference around 5,000IU, and seem to do best around 20,000IU.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Oh, good. Here I was thinking this was yet another "OMG! I've only lost 27 pounds this month, and last month it was 35! WTH!!!" thread. Thank you for saving me from that.

My gripes?

1. My pants don't fit anymore so I have to get some new clothes.
    2. I look better so I have no reason to have sex with the lights out and my power bill is going up.
    3. I can't participate in the never-ending "I really shouldn't be eating this because it will go straight to my thighs!" conversations.
    4. I hardly ever get to visit with my pharmacist anymore.
    5. I have to explain to my doctor that there weren't any errors in my lab results. Those are the actual numbers for a 46-year-old woman that refuses to eat "heart healthy whole grains".

Really sucks.
    Durp.

Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    Oh, good. Here I was thinking this was yet another "OMG! I've only lost 27 pounds this month, and last month it was 35! WTH!!!" thread. Thank you for saving me from that.

My gripes?

1. My pants don't fit anymore so I have to get some new clothes.
    2. I look better so I have no reason to have sex with the lights out and my power bill is going up.
    3. I can't participate in the never-ending "I really shouldn't be eating this because it will go straight to my thighs!" conversations.
    4. I hardly ever get to visit with my pharmacist anymore.
    5. I have to explain to my doctor that there weren't any errors in my lab results. Those are the actual numbers for a 46-year-old woman that refuses to eat "heart healthy whole grains".

Really sucks.
    HAHAHA i loved the one about the power bill going up!