Page 1 of 81 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: "Frustrations" with paleo/primal page

Corvidae is offline Senior Member

"Frustrations" with paleo/primal

Shop Now
    I've been laughing about some of these "backhanded complaints" about primal with a friend of mine who is also primal. They're kind of in a similar vein to #WhiteWhines or #FirstWorldProblems, if anyone is familiar with those memes. Anyway, I thought Id share, and hopefully hear some other good ones as well!

1) Before I went primal 5 months ago, I bought a pair of capri exercise pants from Costco that I really liked. I got them home to try them on, and found they were too small. The next day I went all the way back to the store to exchange them for a larger size. Now, this larger size is *falling off of me* and they dont carry the pants anymore so I cant get a smaller one! Balls!

2) Im having trouble making room for all my grass-fed meats (from a local meat CSA) in my freezer.

3) I have so much energy at work that im always having to get up and walk around outside.
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Tealia is offline Senior Member
    I wanted to make some humorous complaints, but after a full minute of contemplation, I only could come up with loose clothes. No complaints from me! Hehehe.

June is offline Senior Member
    I really hate waking up before my alarm clock goes off... what a waste of money that thing was.

onewomanband is offline Member
    1. At lunchtime, I have to endure the jealous stares of coworkers eating sad cafeteria food.
    2. My purple VFFs clash with all of my hiking clothes.
    3. Now that I don't get sunburned anymore, I lose track of time while enjoying the outdoors.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Oh, good. Here I was thinking this was yet another "OMG! I've only lost 27 pounds this month, and last month it was 35! WTH!!!" thread. Thank you for saving me from that.

My gripes?

1. My pants don't fit anymore so I have to get some new clothes.
    2. I look better so I have no reason to have sex with the lights out and my power bill is going up.
    3. I can't participate in the never-ending "I really shouldn't be eating this because it will go straight to my thighs!" conversations.
    4. I hardly ever get to visit with my pharmacist anymore.
    5. I have to explain to my doctor that there weren't any errors in my lab results. Those are the actual numbers for a 46-year-old woman that refuses to eat "heart healthy whole grains".

Really sucks.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

sixpack-rc is offline Senior Member
    I noticed that I have felt cold more since going primal. I said something to my wife and she said "Maybe it's because you're always NAKED!" LOL! (I work at home).

I'm not really naked but since going primal I have been wearing shorts with no shoes, no shirt more.

~rc

datto54 is offline Member
    gold!

mine are
    I cant have lunch with several friends anymore cos they get the shits with my awesome lunches, which they are eating SAD "healthy" (BORING) lunches

I hate morning teas because what I bring is always the first platter to go, REAL food is apparently awesome!

I bought my first pair of above the knee demin shorts and two weeks later, they are too big... frack!

OneDeltaTenTango is offline Senior Member
    Pulling yet another big piece of fish or meat or bag of wild shrimp from the freezer every day is starting to make me feel guilty......in a really, really good way

Aloe is offline Member
    Lol, these are funny. I hope that I'll be able to add my own soon
    Height: 5ft 9"
    Current pants size: 20 (Canada sizing).
    Goal: I'll let you know when I've reached it.

“The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind
    is a faithful servant. We have created a society that
    honors the servant and has forgotten the gift.”
    ~Albert Einstein~

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    I'm going to keep track of how many mackerel I've eaten. Once it's in the thousands I can say I'm schooled.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Page 1 of 81 1231151 ... LastLast