Page 8 of 81 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: "Frustrations" with paleo/primal page 8

Uppy is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by kiss View Post
    I get so sick of the looks I get from other people who live in my building waiting for the elevator when I decide to hoof it up to my 12th floor apartment. If I had a dime for every person who takes the elevator for just a flight or two of steps I'd have....well....a lot of dimes.
    I see people in the parking garage at work - many of whom are perfectly mobile - who take the elevator *DOWN* three floors. Going down stairs doesn't take much effort, people! Gravity is helping you! It's a controlled fall for crying out loud!

primal pete is offline Senior Member
    After starting a leangains paleo approach to leaning out and getting stronger... I'm now benching above my body weight and deadlifting double my weight.

My complaint? My friends are starting to make fun of me for being a starving abercrombie boy and that I have to "kill myself" to get my look. I have completely stopped talking about anything related to health and fitness with my friends because it just falls on deaf ears. My one other friend has also manged to get pretty ripped...but he is dead set on his bodybuilding.com diet of 150% fat free chicken breast and lettuce. Yes, that was a joke.

My other complaint -- I walk really fast to get places...and people just generally get in my way and don't know how to yield. seriously, just move over guy.

OperaDivaMom is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Uppy View Post
    I see people in the parking garage at work - many of whom are perfectly mobile - who take the elevator *DOWN* three floors. Going down stairs doesn't take much effort, people! Gravity is helping you! It's a controlled fall for crying out loud!
    In their defense, it may be less of a fitness issue and more of a coordination issue. Pre-primal, I fell down nearly every flight of stairs I went down. Seriously. I have some sort of depth perception/coordination issue or something, I just can't do stairs. I am a little better now, but maybe it's just because I'm careful.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Primal has caused me to have too many medical tests

Now that I am not over weight, any health issue I report to my physician is suddenly taken seriously and tests are promptly ordered. All of a sudden I have follow-up tests for things that were dismissed a year ago as nothing. I find it pretty sad how well I am treated as a "normal weight" patient compared to when I was overweight.

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    I can't stop gaining muscle, especially in my upper back. Seriously, it sucks.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    It was so sad to see DH's face when a new aquaintance assumed we had a "professor/student relationship" (ie. that DH was much older than me) and we had to admit DH is only a year older, that I had gone back to college so I was a student over the traditional age and DH was a new young professor at the time. (he is sticking to his SAD, while I go primal)
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IcarianVX View Post
    I can't stop gaining muscle, especially in my upper back. Seriously, it sucks.
    Sorry, we are going to need to see back view pics so we can judge for ourselves.

*My frustration... Primal causes nice, formerly well-mannered teachers to post comments like the above.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 11-04-2011 at 10:13 AM.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

fpsjosh01 is offline Senior Member
    I can't stop feeling great. So frustrating when you're trying to blend in with the sad.
    Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
    Follow me on google+
    Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
    "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

JennaRose is offline Senior Member
    I have to leave all my favorite snacks behind because my meals leave me so satisfied between meals, I don't have room to snack!

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Sorry, we are going to need to see back view pics so we can judge for ourselves.

*My frustration... Primal causes nice, formerly well-mannered teachers to post comments like the above.
    As a formerly well-mannered teacher who would also like to see more male eye candy pics, I sympathize with your frustration.

Page 8 of 81 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast