Page 79 of 81 FirstFirst ... 29697778798081 LastLast

Thread: "Frustrations" with paleo/primal page 79

summerbreeze is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Here's my frustration: with all the vanity sizing in women's clothing, I'm worried that the smallest sizes at my favorite stores will soon be too big for me! (I'm 5'1" and have always been petite, but I'm also muscular and my true size really should be a 4 or 6. I get really confused when I have to go down to a 0, because I'm not that small. Where do the small-framed, willowy women shop? Seriously, I can't figure it out.)

The clothes thing is annoying. I have this great pair of shorts that I wore two weeks ago, and they were a bit tight. Tried them on yesterday, and they were practically falling off of me. Oh no! But I'm trying to beat the system by buying a couple skirts that just barely zip. Hopefully they're be just right when I go on vacation next month.

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by summerbreeze View Post
    Here's my frustration: with all the vanity sizing in women's clothing, I'm worried that the smallest sizes at my favorite stores will soon be too big for me! (I'm 5'1" and have always been petite, but I'm also muscular and my true size really should be a 4 or 6. I get really confused when I have to go down to a 0, because I'm not that small. Where do the small-framed, willowy women shop? Seriously, I can't figure it out.)
    Isn't there a double 0? But that's really tiny. The second part of your question - from the girl's department.
    My ultimate goal was/is size 2. I'm stuck at 4 now. It was much easier 10 years ago when I was in my mid 20-es, though.

I've seen double 0's in juniors stores like Forever 21, but as a grown woman who has a classic style it looks like I'm stuck with getting everything tailored.

I guess I can turn that into a "frustration": I'm forced to fill my closet with tailored clothes that fit me absolutely perfectly. Not so bad after all!

Samphis is offline Member
    What used to be an XL in college is now a M. I'm frustrated that I can't find anything smaller than a small. I'm at around 50 lbs lost, and have another 30 or so that will be coming off, and it's going to be very difficult to find clothing that fits me.

Myra is offline Junior Member
    I have found H & M's sizes run closer to the real sizing of years ago. I wear a size 0 in most other stores, but a size 4 at H & M.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    I wear a size 14 1/2 x 33 slim fit dress shirt. Unless I need to button the top button like the dress shirts I have to wear to work every day, in which case I need a 16 inch neck. It's bad for us guys too.

I think we really just need to get more people on primal/paleo, so that there's more demand for these sizes!

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    I wear a size 14 1/2 x 33 slim fit dress shirt. Unless I need to button the top button like the dress shirts I have to wear to work every day, in which case I need a 16 inch neck. It's bad for us guys too.
    I hear that, same with me. Plus my monkey arms mean I style to find shirts where the sleeves are actually long enough without having space for a massive beergut in the body of the shirt!

I either have to buy dress shirts a size up to fit my neck and arm length and have them taken in or buy tapered/slim fit cut shirts and run the risk of the blood getting cut off to my forearms when I bend them because the sleeves are so tight.

The silly thing is its not like I'm built like a quarter back or anything. Sounds like we're pretty much the same size, I'm 5' 9" with a 30" waist, 41" - 42" chest and 22" thighs. 71 to 73 kg depending on what my training and diet is like. If I do the heavy lifting for a few weeks I lose make easily, 70kg seems to be my "natural" weight.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Mr. Anthony is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    I haven't buttoned the top button on a dress shirt in many years. I just flip the collar up, tie my tie, and flip the collar back down.

Sent via A-10 Warthog

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    I had to go jeans shopping as mine are too big now. Holla.
    I have a nice small waist (go primal!) and quite a booty (squatting and deadlifts) and well, epic thighs (genes.... they are seriously ridiculous). I'm also short waisted. Buying pants is clearly a bitch being built like this.

So I go to the nice department store. The clerk helps me and all of them make my ass look smooshed, gap at the waist and cling at the thighs. I mention the ass smooshing and she comments that "Oh, they are streamlining your bottom!". No.... they are smooshing my ass and making me look like I wear mom jeans. She was dead set on streamlining my ass, bless. Because you know, no woman of 39 would ever want to draw attention to their ass.

Ended up with jeans from the juniors department. Thank god we still have young ladies that enjoy showing off booties.

Shopping was easier when the goal was to hide a lumpy ass body.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!