Page 78 of 81 FirstFirst ... 28687677787980 ... LastLast

Thread: "Frustrations" with paleo/primal page 78

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    We have too many bowls! I bought extra for our dishes, because with 4 people eating cereal almost every day, we went through a lot of bowls. I'm thinking of taking a few to Goodwill, because there's at least 6 of them that haven't made it into the rotation in at least 6 months.
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LauraSB View Post
    We have too many bowls! I bought extra for our dishes, because with 4 people eating cereal almost every day, we went through a lot of bowls. I'm thinking of taking a few to Goodwill, because there's at least 6 of them that haven't made it into the rotation in at least 6 months.
    We still eat stuff out of bowls all the time. I still occasionally buy more for vegetables, stewish things, and the endless buffet of leftovers and stewish things found in the fridge. We do a lot of grazing here.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    The clothes thing is getting old. I bought a bunch of dresses in February prior to starting crossfit. One month into crossfit... oopsie, nothing fits thru the torso. I've lost more thru my trunk. The frustrating part is that my lower half has stalled so I am now again, a mash up of sizes. I tried on a gorgeous Calvin Klein sheath dress, size 10. Baggie thru the torso, snug across the thighs. So now I am back in that awkward body shape where clothes don't fit right.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I keep buying new t-shirts and jeans, but I keep having to buy more. Underwear, too. Right now I have 4 garments hanging in the closet. I put most of my clothes in a garbage bag to give away.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    I keep buying new t-shirts and jeans, but I keep having to buy more. Underwear, too. Right now I have 4 garments hanging in the closet. I put most of my clothes in a garbage bag to give away.
    Sounds like I need more steak n' eggs.
    LOL
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Gemini5785 is offline Junior Member
    Gripes and complaints about going primal?

I don't really have any complaints about clothes. Since I never threw out my smaller size shirts and jeans. I now just donate out my XXLs and XL shirts, and size 36 - 42 waist pants.

My main complaints are:

1) Hard to eat out when with friends.
    2) No one wants to walk more then 3 miles . . . . .
    3) Getting ragged on by my friends when I just have a very very small bite of anything grain or rice based . . . . . . even though they are just joking with me . . . . .
    4) My hands are colder now . . . . . well, I feel colder in general now. Less insulation
    5) Spending way too much money on coffee daily now
    6) People asking me, how do you stay so fit while I'm eating my double patty bacon burger lettuce wrapped . . . . haha

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    I have to shave my strip of belly-hair (pubis-to-bellybutton) when I model. But I'm really proud of it, because it shows all the testosterone I have. Wish I could keep it always. It's grown on me (pun, oh-so-intended ).
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

amyeek is offline Member
    In just two weeks of about 90/10 primal, I am now waking up before my Lumie finishes making the sun rise, running up the stairs at the transport interchange, and fidgeting like mad.
    6 May 2014 - 149lbs
    15 May 2014 - 143lbs
    Goal - Healthy, lean, happy, somewhere around 9 stone.

summerbreeze is offline Junior Member
    Here's my frustration: with all the vanity sizing in women's clothing, I'm worried that the smallest sizes at my favorite stores will soon be too big for me! (I'm 5'1" and have always been petite, but I'm also muscular and my true size really should be a 4 or 6. I get really confused when I have to go down to a 0, because I'm not that small. Where do the small-framed, willowy women shop? Seriously, I can't figure it out.)

The clothes thing is annoying. I have this great pair of shorts that I wore two weeks ago, and they were a bit tight. Tried them on yesterday, and they were practically falling off of me. Oh no! But I'm trying to beat the system by buying a couple skirts that just barely zip. Hopefully they're be just right when I go on vacation next month.

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by summerbreeze View Post
    Here's my frustration: with all the vanity sizing in women's clothing, I'm worried that the smallest sizes at my favorite stores will soon be too big for me! (I'm 5'1" and have always been petite, but I'm also muscular and my true size really should be a 4 or 6. I get really confused when I have to go down to a 0, because I'm not that small. Where do the small-framed, willowy women shop? Seriously, I can't figure it out.)
    Isn't there a double 0? But that's really tiny. The second part of your question - from the girl's department.
    My ultimate goal was/is size 2. I'm stuck at 4 now. It was much easier 10 years ago when I was in my mid 20-es, though.

Page 78 of 81 FirstFirst ... 28687677787980 ... LastLast