Page 78 of 80 FirstFirst ... 28687677787980 LastLast

Thread: "Frustrations" with paleo/primal page 78

SamK is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    I'm going to keep track of how many mackerel I've eaten. Once it's in the thousands I can say I'm schooled.
    Brilliant :-) :-) :-)
    Poorly girl trying to get back to health while the doctor figures out which auto-immune/connective tissue disease I have.

http://noglutenhereplease.blogspot.co.uk/

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    My period does not warn me.
    It used to be that I'd have cramps, mood swings and hunger before a period. Now I don't get cramps, only have mood swings if SEVERELY stressed (so they're not a reliable predictor) and am only slightly hungrier than usual. So I get taken by surprise.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

fivespice is offline Junior Member
    I find much frustration and difficulty in the fact that I can't make ten different kinds of meals every day and try them all, just because primal foods are delicious as heck.

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    We have too many bowls! I bought extra for our dishes, because with 4 people eating cereal almost every day, we went through a lot of bowls. I'm thinking of taking a few to Goodwill, because there's at least 6 of them that haven't made it into the rotation in at least 6 months.
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

eKatherine is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LauraSB View Post
    We have too many bowls! I bought extra for our dishes, because with 4 people eating cereal almost every day, we went through a lot of bowls. I'm thinking of taking a few to Goodwill, because there's at least 6 of them that haven't made it into the rotation in at least 6 months.
    We still eat stuff out of bowls all the time. I still occasionally buy more for vegetables, stewish things, and the endless buffet of leftovers and stewish things found in the fridge. We do a lot of grazing here.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    The clothes thing is getting old. I bought a bunch of dresses in February prior to starting crossfit. One month into crossfit... oopsie, nothing fits thru the torso. I've lost more thru my trunk. The frustrating part is that my lower half has stalled so I am now again, a mash up of sizes. I tried on a gorgeous Calvin Klein sheath dress, size 10. Baggie thru the torso, snug across the thighs. So now I am back in that awkward body shape where clothes don't fit right.

eKatherine is online now Senior Member
    I keep buying new t-shirts and jeans, but I keep having to buy more. Underwear, too. Right now I have 4 garments hanging in the closet. I put most of my clothes in a garbage bag to give away.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    I keep buying new t-shirts and jeans, but I keep having to buy more. Underwear, too. Right now I have 4 garments hanging in the closet. I put most of my clothes in a garbage bag to give away.
    Sounds like I need more steak n' eggs.
    LOL
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Gemini5785 is offline Junior Member
    Gripes and complaints about going primal?

I don't really have any complaints about clothes. Since I never threw out my smaller size shirts and jeans. I now just donate out my XXLs and XL shirts, and size 36 - 42 waist pants.

My main complaints are:

1) Hard to eat out when with friends.
    2) No one wants to walk more then 3 miles . . . . .
    3) Getting ragged on by my friends when I just have a very very small bite of anything grain or rice based . . . . . . even though they are just joking with me . . . . .
    4) My hands are colder now . . . . . well, I feel colder in general now. Less insulation
    5) Spending way too much money on coffee daily now
    6) People asking me, how do you stay so fit while I'm eating my double patty bacon burger lettuce wrapped . . . . haha

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I have to shave my strip of belly-hair (pubis-to-bellybutton) when I model. But I'm really proud of it, because it shows all the testosterone I have. Wish I could keep it always. It's grown on me (pun, oh-so-intended ).
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...