Page 77 of 80 FirstFirst ... 27677576777879 ... LastLast

Thread: "Frustrations" with paleo/primal page 77

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiveholts714 View Post
    Now do you not get sunburned? I am so fair skinned and so is my oldest. Please share.
    I upped my vitamin D uptake, and unless I'm out in the sun for an extended period of time, I now tan lightly instead of burning. Last summer was the deepest tan I've ever gotten.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Chanda is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    I upped my vitamin D uptake, and unless I'm out in the sun for an extended period of time, I now tan lightly instead of burning. Last summer was the deepest tan I've ever gotten.
    How much vitamin D do you take? I'm fair skinned and burn easily, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Chanda View Post
    How much vitamin D do you take? I'm fair skinned and burn easily, too.
    Probably more than a doctor would recommend. The lowest dosage at which I could find records of people having side effects was over 40,000IU. I can tell a difference around 5,000IU, and seem to do best around 20,000IU.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    I have one that is specifically primal - when we first started transitioning to primal, the volume of food was similar, just more meat and veg to replace the grains. But over time, the volume of food has decreased and I'm having to continually adjust downward to avoid too many leftovers.

And one that is just weight loss related - when I was fat, I could put my cell phone in my front pants pocket and not mar the line too much. Now, my hips are small enough that my phone is this huge lump in my front pocket. I liked it in my pocket!
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I do a lot of exercises while sitting or lying on the floor. It's a lot less comfortable doing that now that my butt is bonier and has less padding.

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    Probably more than a doctor would recommend. The lowest dosage at which I could find records of people having side effects was over 40,000IU. I can tell a difference around 5,000IU, and seem to do best around 20,000IU.
    A day? And if so, every day? Or just a couple times a week? Or...?
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

Quote Originally Posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
    A day? And if so, every day? Or just a couple times a week? Or...?
    Daily is what I do.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

goinggrok is offline Senior Member
    Frustrated...hell ya...how do you go from 168.4 on Friday to 171.2 on Tuesday.

I know the scale should not be what I go by...100% of the time...but I do use it as a gauge.

I guess...just keep plodding along...something's gotta happen right?!?!?!

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    That's a LOT of vitamin D. I was taking 5,000 IU/day and my bloodwork over the winter (had to have a physical for an MMA fight I had scheduled) came back with my D levels at the upper limit of the reference range. I get a good amount of sun on the weekends (a bit on weekdays too since I walk to and from work), so I take 20,000 IU in the middle of the week, either all in one day or split between Tuesday and Wednesday.

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Best of yesterday: combining some walking outdoors, some weighted walking and some sprints and only feeling slightly guilty about neglecting my arms.
    Worst of yesterday: being told I couldn't hunt the pheasants in the back yard.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

Page 77 of 80 FirstFirst ... 27677576777879 ... LastLast