Page 75 of 81 FirstFirst ... 25657374757677 ... LastLast

Thread: "Frustrations" with paleo/primal page 75

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    The call of nature.
    I used to be able to just "go" once every couple of days. Now once or twice a day is normal, and I'm finding toilet-breaks a bit inconvenient.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

Megatron is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I'm now furious at my local Old Navy. My only source for jeans that fit at a price I was willing to pay stopped carrying my fit. I now have my choice of crappily made, ill fitting, overpriced jeans or well made, well fitting WAY overpriced jeans. I don't even have the options of Levi's and Lees.
    As well, I'd love to know who decided the lowest size to carry was a 4 or 6 and introduce them to my fist.
    I design for a fashion company, and I hear sizing complaints all the time, and have certainly uttered a few in my life. It is sad but retail fashion is often dictated by numbers, and by who is buying the most at a certain store.

We are told from on high where to start our sizing, and work up from there. We start with sizes (small, 2, 23, whatever) based on research done on the customer for the particular store. Some stores have larger breasted women (how they figure these things out, I am not sure...) some have wider hips, some are shorter. Some markets will buy clothes very form fitting, some prefer a more roomy fit. It all varies not only from store to store but will often vary in the same store, throughout the US! (For example: major dept stores usually carry different fits and stock different sizes based on their market.)

We fit our 'size small' on a model who is 5'7, 25" waist. It would be nice to do a larger range of sizes but if research shows the majority of women are buying a 10, well, it does not make economic sense to create XXS-XS clothes for the increasingly disappearing customer market of thin women. Kind of awful, huh? It would be nice to go back to vintage sizing- we still learn to create patterns on a 'size 6' dressform- what we would today call a 0 or a 2.

If you are very small, a lot of Japanese clothing stores offer fairly decent shipping rates, and clothes that will be fashionable in the US next year. Weirdly enough, my favorite place for jeans and pants are Forever 21- although they changed them so they are not 100% cotton anymore, so that sucks.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
    I've noticed that none of my rings fit anymore- they all fall off my hands. I don't understand that at all- I'm still a good 40 lbs heavier than when I bought many of them and yet it's like my hands are losing weight at a more rapid rate than the rest of me. Or maybe I'm holding less fluids. It doesn't help that it's cold out and that naturally causes my hands to shrink.
    Same thing happened with my rings. Shoes got too big too. You never think you are going to lose weight on your hands and feet, but you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Kochin View Post
    The call of nature.
    I used to be able to just "go" once every couple of days. Now once or twice a day is normal, and I'm finding toilet-breaks a bit inconvenient.
    Really? The exact opposite has happened with me. Perhaps you are overdoing the BASs and fibrous veggies.

OzK
    OzK is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildrose View Post
    I keep losing inches off my boobs.

Why god, why?!?
    Really? In my case it's Please, God, please! *g*

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Really? The exact opposite has happened with me. Perhaps you are overdoing the BASs and fibrous veggies.
    Not fiber (my veg intake is hugely variable), just quantity and that bit of "leftover" fat my body doesn't want, which greases up the piping. (I'd rather go over than under where fat is concerned.) No more bloating, aches or gas either, so it must be a step in the right direction for my gut, anyhow. Just annoying sometimes.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

s-piper is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OzK View Post
    Really? In my case it's Please, God, please! *g*
    Same here.

I know there's probably lots of women who paid major $$$ to make the same size change I have. However, I just liked the way I looked better before, even in that department!

Karock is offline Member
    My wife.
    Today, my coworker has some crockpot cilantro lime chicken fajitas that could easily be primal, lettuce wraps instead of the regular shell. I messaged my wife:
    Holy. Moly.
    <coworker> has some cilantro lime chicken fajitas and they smell amazing. He made them in the crock pot.
    WE HAVE TO MAKE THOSE. Crimeny, I’m about to attack him and steal his food like a dingo.

Her reply:
    You know, there is a limit to the Primal lifestyle… just saying. Think of the HR discussion

She ruins all my fun & we are making them next taco night.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    I keep under- or over-estimating how much meat I need to defrost. Since nearly all my meat now comes frozen from local farms, this is a relatively crucial step to feeding myself.

Also, no matter how many dozens of eggs I buy (and usually that's "however many they have"), I always run out of those and end up eating the least-evil of eggs for sale at the grocery store before it's time for another farm trip/delivery.

TornadoGirl is offline Senior Member
    Thinking about trying to shrink my shoes. All of my sandals are sliding around on my feet. Has anyone successfully shrunk their shoes?
    True healthcare reform starts in your kitchen, not in Washington. ~Anonymous
    The worst carrot is better than the best candybar.--TornadoGirl

WeldingHank is offline Senior Member
    Gotten myself down to fitting in a 34" waist jeans, but, my thighs/quads too large to fit comfortably in the legs.

Page 75 of 81 FirstFirst ... 25657374757677 ... LastLast