Page 73 of 80 FirstFirst ... 23637172737475 ... LastLast

Thread: "Frustrations" with paleo/primal page 73

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by lonefrontranger View Post
    ssn679doc - where do you find cooling racks that aren't teflon coated? I've tried to no avail. After purging our house of all teflon cookware (it offgasses some pretty toxic stuff at higher heat) I've been frustrated by this.
    These aren't th ones I used but here ya go....

Amazon.com: stainless steel cooling rack: Home & Kitchen

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    I'm surprised no one brought up just using the microwave for their bacon? I just put mine in the microwave for 4 minutes, with a couple paper towels under the bacon to absorb grease and 1 over it to absorb splatter.

My current "frustration" is just that so many of my clothes are falling off me. I can literally put my pants on and off without undoing the button or zipper and have to wear a belt right now. I don't want to buy more clothes right now because in a another 2 months I'll have the same issue- I need to search in storage to see if I've got some older clothes in my size.
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

Karock is offline Member
    So, I've been following this since October. Down about 15lbs, honing in on looking sharp. (I'm 5'8, started @ 180, currently at 165)
    Around Christmas / New Years I bought a couple new nice button down shirts for work (our office is a long sleeve / button down kinda place), and had to go down a shirt size because my old size was getting billowy and poor looking around the stomach area. WIN!!!!!!!
    Except NOW I have to edit my shirt size again, because my shoulders are growing and those shirts I JUST GOT are getting too tight across the back...
    /sigh.
    We should set up a 'Primal Success Clothing Exchange'

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Karock View Post
    We should set up a 'Primal Success Clothing Exchange'
    Good idea.
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

murf73 is offline Senior Member
    my husband thinks I've gotten so sexy that now he wakes me up multiple time in the night to have sex with me. lol

CradlingaLion is offline Member
    YEAH murf! hell yea I want that haha

lonefrontranger is offline Junior Member
    ok new clothing rant:

First off, I just had to spend over $200 at the underwear store last week because all my old bras/underwear were falling off me in weird ways. I had to go *down* a band size and *up* a cup size, and get all smaller bottoms. Bra size thing is likely because the lifting / upper body work has made my pecs stand the girls up & out a bit more, teehee.

(slight derail: LADIES - if your bras are not correctly fitted, you owe it to yourself to get new ones properly fitted! Size checks should be done frequently, especially if you're big-busted AND losing weight, because if your band is too loose, then the straps (not the band) will be attempting to hold up the girls, which puts a ton of unnecessary strain on your shoulders/back, and that is not how bras are designed to work. Some women will even need to use multiple bra sizes during different parts of their monthly cycle as the girls change size/shape enough to warrant it. Weirdly enough, proper bra fitting has become one of the key things I've had to learn corollary to being a ladies' cycling coach, because of the back strain / postural problems affected by it).

So anyhow, this is partly due to the body recomposition, partly due to the fact that I hate shopping for underthings so much that it had probably been 5 or 6 years since I purchased this stuff, and, well, they are consumables, meaning, yes they do get kinda ratty if you don't replace them regularly. Right, right, I know - I should know better, but whatever.

Also, this is time for lfr's patented PANTS RANT. What the actual hell is up with US women's sizing these days?? According to the modern fit matrices, I am now a US women's size 4 waist, size 6 hip/bust, and size 8 thigh/bicep. Seriously?? No, I am not some kind of raging steroidal bodybuilding mutant, I'm a normal-shaped human being. It's like the modern sizing standard for the average American female is now based on a Mrs. Potatohead doll. I could go on...

lonefrontranger is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    These aren't th ones I used but here ya go....

Amazon.com: stainless steel cooling rack: Home & Kitchen
    oooh, thanks for that! I want to ditch all the teflon crap out of my kitchen and the cooling racks were the last thing on my list.

Chanda is offline Member
    Frustration 1. I've reached the end of this thread. Now I have to wait to read more funny frustrations!

Frustration 2. I doubt that I'm ever going to have my clothes falling off my body like I've been reading here. This is day 5 of Primal for me with no cheats. Thinking that I could ever be so thin or ripped seems like a dream.

Frustration 3. Trying to get my husband to go Primal with me. He'll eat the food that I make, but he won't stay away from the SAD junk at the same time. Feel like I'm spinning my wheels with him. Love him to death, though.

jmsmall is offline Senior Member
    People have been telling me that they couldn't give up potatos, bread, etc. I've told them I've had to put up with bacon and eggs whipped with cream and scrambled in butter for breakfast, a big salad doused in olive oil with chunks of meat and cheese for lunch, and steak and stir-fried vegetables for dinner. It's a burden, really, but someone has to do it. Oh and I've dropped 20 # since september.

Page 73 of 80 FirstFirst ... 23637172737475 ... LastLast