Page 72 of 81 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 ... LastLast

Thread: "Frustrations" with paleo/primal page 72

meat egg fruit n veg is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I saw this today on tv:

Out of all the food ads I've ever seen on tv, this was really got to me.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    OMG that is hideous!!

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    OMG that is hideous!!
    It almost made me ill, first to see the butter tossed out of the fridge like that, then the expression on the little girl's face.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakes View Post
    Don't you know that all the cool kids bake their bacon?
    Seriously. Best thing ever. Put it on a parchment covered cookie sheet, place it in the cold oven and then set to 400˚f. Give it about 20 minutes give or take.
    we just put ours between two cookie sheets, and then it doesnt' splatter the oven AND we don't have to throw away parchment paper.

but, you have to hit the timing just right or the bacon doesn't come off.

alternative, silicone baking sheets on the bottom. LOL

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    we just put ours between two cookie sheets, and then it doesnt' splatter the oven AND we don't have to throw away parchment paper.

but, you have to hit the timing just right or the bacon doesn't come off.

alternative, silicone baking sheets on the bottom. LOL
    I use a cooling rack that fits inside the cookie sheet, and all the fat drips to the bottom of the pan, and the bacon stays nice and crisp, and it is really easy to pour off the fat for storage.

lonefrontranger is offline Junior Member
    ssn679doc - where do you find cooling racks that aren't teflon coated? I've tried to no avail. After purging our house of all teflon cookware (it offgasses some pretty toxic stuff at higher heat) I've been frustrated by this.

lonefrontranger is offline Junior Member
    ok now I have an actual frustration. We haven't been Nordic skiing much yet this winter because the snow conditions have been dreadful at our local cross country ski area. We went January 1 and haven't been since.

We had a cross country ski camp this past weekend and I discovered that, even though I've not lost much actual weight, my nice ladies US size 8 technical jacket that I bought just last year, was hanging off me like a sack, worse yet it doesn't fit correctly at the waist/hips anymore so it's not doing its job of keeping my body heat in.

I froze all day Saturday and then gave up in frustration and spent megabucks replacing it in a size 4 from the ski shop at the resort so I could ski on Sunday without freezing. I mean, yay? but seriously grr.
    Last edited by lonefrontranger; 02-11-2013 at 05:19 AM.

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lonefrontranger View Post
    ssn679doc - where do you find cooling racks that aren't teflon coated? I've tried to no avail. After purging our house of all teflon cookware (it offgasses some pretty toxic stuff at higher heat) I've been frustrated by this.
    These aren't th ones I used but here ya go....

Amazon.com: stainless steel cooling rack: Home & Kitchen

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    I'm surprised no one brought up just using the microwave for their bacon? I just put mine in the microwave for 4 minutes, with a couple paper towels under the bacon to absorb grease and 1 over it to absorb splatter.

My current "frustration" is just that so many of my clothes are falling off me. I can literally put my pants on and off without undoing the button or zipper and have to wear a belt right now. I don't want to buy more clothes right now because in a another 2 months I'll have the same issue- I need to search in storage to see if I've got some older clothes in my size.
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

Karock is offline Member
    So, I've been following this since October. Down about 15lbs, honing in on looking sharp. (I'm 5'8, started @ 180, currently at 165)
    Around Christmas / New Years I bought a couple new nice button down shirts for work (our office is a long sleeve / button down kinda place), and had to go down a shirt size because my old size was getting billowy and poor looking around the stomach area. WIN!!!!!!!
    Except NOW I have to edit my shirt size again, because my shoulders are growing and those shirts I JUST GOT are getting too tight across the back...
    /sigh.
    We should set up a 'Primal Success Clothing Exchange'

Page 72 of 81 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 ... LastLast