Page 71 of 81 FirstFirst ... 21616970717273 ... LastLast

Thread: "Frustrations" with paleo/primal page 71

qurlybee is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    Glad to hear you've had a great start! Stick with it you will be amazed at your results.
    Thank you!
    Today's frustration: Even worse. I turned down pizza, my pre-primal 2nd favorite food. And it was free. And there were so may extras left over that they were begging to give away.
    But I turned it down and it didn't even faze me. Where did my lack of self-control go??? It was such an awesome crutch!

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Whenever I have a problem that makes me worry enough to book an appointment (happens once or twice a year), the problem heals up by the in the 2 or 3 days waiting to see a Dr/Nurse.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    I cannot bear to go without a decent night's sleep any more. If I don't get at least 7 hours, I feel like I'm coming down with the flu and I am in bed right after dinner tha next night. I'm not sure if I just felt so crappy all the time before that I didn't notice the effect of not enough sleep or if eating better has made me into a fragile flower.
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

Morphat is offline Junior Member
    If you are feeling the cold, eat more fatty foods.
    A Doctor who spends months every year at one or the other of the poles, recommended this. (I wish I could get on his list, but then he would be absent most of the year!) I wonder though; did he get that tip from the Inuit?

Incidentally, the other day I just stocked up with a week' or so supply of expensive, grass fed meat, and wild fish, etc. This afternoon my refrigerator packed up. So now all that lovely food is in the freezer... which I didn't really want to do!
    Last edited by Morphat; 01-26-2013 at 03:22 PM.

Yenni is offline Junior Member
    Oh so many frustrating "frustrations".

* I feel guilty when I look at people who are trying to be healthy and/or lose weight eating cardboard while I enjoy my delicious meal.

* It annoys me when during lunch I'm not hungry or don't need even a snack while most of my friends/colleagues are famished and run to the cafeteria for their midday fix. I have to entertain myself otherwise.

* I also have various old medications from some years back and I have to keep stopping by the pharmacy to dispose of them since they've remained unused and passed their expiration date. So much money wasted.

Paleo, what you do to me...

I can't wear jeans more than twice, because they fit out of the dryer with no problem and then get looser. I might have to start wearing belts! I don't like wearing belts!

I am guessing in a couple of weeks, I will actually need new pants. I tried looking up how many lbs of weight loss = a new women's dress size, but there's no universal rule of thumb. Guess I will find out when I get there.

lonefrontranger is offline Junior Member
    ok I have one really "first world problems" Primal rant. My husband splurged when we remodelled the house, and got us a 36" shiny black glass induction hob/cooktop with a fancy stainless steel backsplash. You would NOT believe the mess that a pan full of bacon makes of it, or how long it takes to restore it to pre-bacon glossiness. Our old crappy electric stove was much less stressful (and also 100% crappier). :P

Kakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lonefrontranger View Post
    ok I have one really "first world problems" Primal rant. My husband splurged when we remodelled the house, and got us a 36" shiny black glass induction hob/cooktop with a fancy stainless steel backsplash. You would NOT believe the mess that a pan full of bacon makes of it, or how long it takes to restore it to pre-bacon glossiness. Our old crappy electric stove was much less stressful (and also 100% crappier). :P
    Don't you know that all the cool kids bake their bacon?
    Seriously. Best thing ever. Put it on a parchment covered cookie sheet, place it in the cold oven and then set to 400˚f. Give it about 20 minutes give or take.
    You don't have to be sick to get better.
    Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
    Primal start: 1/2/2012
    My Primal Journal
    Living, loving and learning.

MissJecka is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lonefrontranger View Post
    Get yourself a splatter shield! Like this: Amazon.com: Cuisipro 13-Inch Splatter Guard: Kitchen & Dining

My frustration as of late is people staring at my lunch. Just 10 minutes ago, my boss came to my cubicle as I was about halfway through my half rotisserie chicken. He said, "Wow... you're going to eat all of that?" I shook my head and took a bite, to which he said, "Wow, I've never seen someone eat chicken with such intent!"

I'm glad he left by the time I started to gnaw the bits of chicken off of the bones...
    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I has an ab, but I'm not young enough or skanky enough to show it off outside of the pool area.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Page 71 of 81 FirstFirst ... 21616970717273 ... LastLast