Page 69 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast

Thread: "Frustrations" with paleo/primal page 69

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Preaching to the choir, hun. Size 2 hips, size 0 waist, 30DD tits, and size 2 shoulders. If it fits in the tits and shoulders, it's too big in the waist. If it fits at the waist, I can't get it over the hips or to button across the chest. I finally gave up and started tailoring my own shit, because I got tired of nothing ever fitting.
    Good thing us Paleo gals can make jeans and a tee sexy anyhow, eh?
    I would try and tailor my own stuff, but I haven't done it in so long and I don't want to mess with my pretty dresses, so I go for belts. I'm a bit (OK, very) vain about showing off my waist "properly". If I'm in loose clothing I'm not bothered, but if it hugs my shape and is loose at the waist that CAN'T BE.

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Preaching to the choir, hun. Size 2 hips, size 0 waist, 30DD tits, and size 2 shoulders. If it fits in the tits and shoulders, it's too big in the waist. If it fits at the waist, I can't get it over the hips or to button across the chest. I finally gave up and started tailoring my own shit, because I got tired of nothing ever fitting.
    Good thing us Paleo gals can make jeans and a tee sexy anyhow, eh?
    I would try and tailor my own stuff, but I haven't done it in so long and I don't want to mess with my pretty dresses, so I go for belts. I'm a bit (OK, very) vain about showing off my waist "properly". If I'm in loose clothing I'm not bothered, but if it hugs my shape and is loose at the waist that CAN'T BE.

Grokdaddy is offline Senior Member
    Watching my wife try to wear her clothes she could fit 25 pounds ago cuz her weight lost was more and faster than she anticipated. I love my wife and think she is very beautiful but those clothes are not flattering to her and look like she is wearing a mini tent lol. On the flip side it is fun watching her go through her wardrobe and trying on clothes and finding clothes that she forgot about and she had buried way back into the closet thinking she would never wear again as she had outgrown them. We'll wait until after Christmas to buy her more clothes.
    All time high weight 262 lbs
    Primal since Spring 2012
    Start PB Weight: 240 lbs ish
    Current Weight: 220lbs ish
    Goal Weight:190-200 lbs
    All on a 6ft. 1/2 inch frame.

I can't wait to meet my abs for the first time in my life. We gotta lot of catching up to do.

I love this way of eating and hope to be able to help others.

fuzzynavel is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    Pissing off my wife...Just realized I haven't had a cold, allergies or the flu since I started Paleo. My wife who eats what would be considered healthy in a CW way, has not gone totally Paleo. She is a teacher and often picks up a cold or mild flu from her students. Normally I would have ended up getting sick as well, not now. It's beginning to irritate her...Ha Ha!
    I'm totally with you on this one....my wife is a teacher too and follows a cw approach to her diet....she picks up a number of bugs every year, especially over the winter period.....i have not had a decent bug for over a year and I am immune suppressed to a certain degree because of my methotrexate (for arthritis)...maybe I will be able to lower the dose one day as I hate being reliant on it to control my disease.I do have one secret weapon though.....if I start to feel a sore throat or any other early signs of illness, I get the bike out of the shed and go thrash myself for 30miles or so....gets the temperature up and creates a false fever to kill any bugs.

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    All this bacon is making my abs too ripped. I should probably dial it back a little.

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    I keep losing inches off my boobs.

Why god, why?!?

PrimalMama is online now Senior Member
    The jeans I bought a few weeks ago (which were oh-so-slightly too small when I got them) can now be taken off without unzipping/unbuttoning... and that's fresh out of the dryer, so no "I've been wearing these all day" stretch.

I've always had the curvy figure with large muscular butt/thighs, small waist and big shoulders... shoulderpads were an absolutely HORRIBLE look for me in the 80's/90's when they were in practically every women's shirt...
    I'm right there with y'all on clothes looking/fitting strange - I'm going to have to learn how to sew better. *sigh*

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Buying a suit was an experience. Apparently working women have a large beer gut and pencil legs. I finally found seperates. Had to get an 8 jacket to fit my waist and a 14 skirt that needs to be taken in at the waist by a few inches to fit my thighs. It was humorous trying on tent like jackets over hooker skirts.

I think there is nothing wrong with us... they just make clothes for wheat bellies. I'm going to start a line called "Gluten Free for Women with Waistlines"

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    I think there is nothing wrong with us... they just make clothes for wheat bellies. I'm going to start a line called "Gluten Free for Women with Waistlines"
    OMG! The TRUTH!!!

Huge gaping waistlines and no butt or thigh room? WTF?
    How is that a normal shape for a woman?
    It looks like a maternity cut!

I am not sad that my waist is shrinking while my butt is staying round... and neither is my husband. It does make finding pants that FIT really hard though.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

PrimalCon New York
    Not noticing how many small bruises and scrapes I've accumulated from lugging random weights around with me... until I see them in the evening and wonder how many people must now think I suffer domestic abuse.

Page 69 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast