Page 68 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast

Thread: "Frustrations" with paleo/primal page 68

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
    With 40 inch shoulders and a 32 inch waist I can't find shirts that fit. They are all too loose at the waist or tight or dig into my arm pits.
    I'm starting to get that way too :-( [ or is it :-) ]. I have lots of medium size t-shirts that dig into my armpits. I really like some of them a lot (band t-shirts and stuff), but they look kind of ridiculous on me now. They bunch up alot around/below my chest.

Rindy is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    *I have to find yet another batch of smaller/ larger bras. I've gone from a 34C to a 30DD and it's still shrinking/ growing.
    *I lost some of the padding that made hip-checking people and things so fun and painless.
    *I have a waist, hips, thighs, and ass. Most clothing manufaturers say "Pick any two."
    *I can't wear half my pre-primal shoes because my feet have shrank, even with going barefoot or barefootish even more often.
    *I haven't cleared enough freezer space yet for half a cow.
    *The scars I picked up from my primal cooking misadventures look entirely too cool to say "I got pulling the cast iron out of the oven."
    This post made me laugh, I was beginning to think I am abnormal - who's boobs get bigger when losing weight???? And my hips and arse look bigger because my waist an stomach are smaller! Lol :-)

Wanderlust is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
    With 40 inch shoulders and a 32 inch waist I can't find shirts that fit. They are all too loose at the waist or tight or dig into my arm pits.
    Same problem, 40" chest and 30" waist. Just realized 1/3 of my shirts don't fit anymore. Glad I kept some fat boy clothes.
    "Go For Broke"
    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
    Small Kine-168/9%
    Now- 200/8%
    Goal- 210/6%

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    I can't imagine buying clothes for fit men. My husband is slender with a small upper body and even clothes sized medium are HUGE over the stomach. Target has some athletic cuts, but I think they are for men like him- athletic=no beer gut, but they seem to fit his shoulders and chest which are not built. I think athletic is code for you don't have a gut.

I guess that is why you still see body builders in those awful Zubah pants and crop tops, LOL!

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    I've been having more issues with jeans, lately, more than shirts. My wife manages to find decent shirts at Express or somewhere (I guess I don't really know).

However, with the lifting I've been doing, all of the 29-30" waist jeans I got a couple years ago are now too tight in the thighs. I can't even take a full normal stride wearing those jeans, even though the waist still fits fine. Thankfully the Lucky Brand loose fit jeans are pretty awesome. No one else seems to be jeans for guys that lift. Even my boxer briefs are too tight in the thighs these days, and tend to ride up.

My leg lifts are going much more smoothly than my upper-body lifts. :-[

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Having a UK small size 10 waist, size 12 hips and wearing a 36-38 bra with a "slightly over a D" cup. And having to buy clothes that flatter me... :/

I swear, EVERY dress and pencil-skirt I own is loose at the waist, because I need a 12 to accomodate my hips... THIS is why I live in "oh so 'femenine'!" jeans and T-shirts, people...

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kochin View Post
    Having a UK small size 10 waist, size 12 hips and wearing a 36-38 bra with a "slightly over a D" cup. And having to buy clothes that flatter me... :/

I swear, EVERY dress and pencil-skirt I own is loose at the waist, because I need a 12 to accomodate my hips... THIS is why I live in "oh so 'femenine'!" jeans and T-shirts, people...
    Preaching to the choir, hun. Size 2 hips, size 0 waist, 30DD tits, and size 2 shoulders. If it fits in the tits and shoulders, it's too big in the waist. If it fits at the waist, I can't get it over the hips or to button across the chest. I finally gave up and started tailoring my own shit, because I got tired of nothing ever fitting.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Preaching to the choir, hun. Size 2 hips, size 0 waist, 30DD tits, and size 2 shoulders. If it fits in the tits and shoulders, it's too big in the waist. If it fits at the waist, I can't get it over the hips or to button across the chest. I finally gave up and started tailoring my own shit, because I got tired of nothing ever fitting.
    Good thing us Paleo gals can make jeans and a tee sexy anyhow, eh?
    I would try and tailor my own stuff, but I haven't done it in so long and I don't want to mess with my pretty dresses, so I go for belts. I'm a bit (OK, very) vain about showing off my waist "properly". If I'm in loose clothing I'm not bothered, but if it hugs my shape and is loose at the waist that CAN'T BE.

Good thing us Paleo gals can make jeans and a tee sexy anyhow, eh?
    I would try and tailor my own stuff, but I haven't done it in so long and I don't want to mess with my pretty dresses, so I go for belts. I'm a bit (OK, very) vain about showing off my waist "properly". If I'm in loose clothing I'm not bothered, but if it hugs my shape and is loose at the waist that CAN'T BE.

Grokdaddy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Watching my wife try to wear her clothes she could fit 25 pounds ago cuz her weight lost was more and faster than she anticipated. I love my wife and think she is very beautiful but those clothes are not flattering to her and look like she is wearing a mini tent lol. On the flip side it is fun watching her go through her wardrobe and trying on clothes and finding clothes that she forgot about and she had buried way back into the closet thinking she would never wear again as she had outgrown them. We'll wait until after Christmas to buy her more clothes.
    All time high weight 262 lbs
    Primal since Spring 2012
    Start PB Weight: 240 lbs ish
    Current Weight: 220lbs ish
    Goal Weight:190-200 lbs
    All on a 6ft. 1/2 inch frame.

I can't wait to meet my abs for the first time in my life. We gotta lot of catching up to do.

I love this way of eating and hope to be able to help others.

Page 68 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast