Page 67 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Thread: "Frustrations" with paleo/primal page 67

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    -I can't eat chocolate that's under 55% any more, because all I taste are the chemicals.
    -Sometimes I don't feel like eating for a day, and I don't.
    -Quality butter rarely lasts long enough to cook with.
    -I'm drinking a lot more decent fluids (tea, shakes, water, water, water) rather than sugary stuff or energy drinks.
    -I'm spending more money on teas and coffees, as I drink them for pleasure, rather than for caffeine and now I actually CARE what they taste like.
    -I feel like I'm responsible for the income of an entire nation's worth of egg-farms.
    -I forget to have breakfast, so I can't put a breakfast on my blog.
    -I have my best figure yet, but it's starting to get too cold to show off.
    -I don't feel I "have" to buy/eat anything, although I seem to have a few "staples".
    -I have a box of Vitamin D supplements I don't know what to do with.
    -People comment on: my shape, my health, how many eggs I eat, how I eat eggs in anything, how I sometimes don't eat.
    -I'm working out how to almond-batter-fry chicken to make it taste like KFC for my fiance.
    -People waste my time asking for diet advice when they rarely take it.

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kochin View Post
    -I have my best figure yet, but it's starting to get too cold to show off.
    This one, definitely! My only consolation is that I should be reaching my goal around May, just when it starts warming up. So that'll be nice, to rip off all the layers and shock people.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    The sleeve of my shirt just ripped... when I bent my arm
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Quote Originally Posted by Misabi View Post
    The sleeve of my shirt just ripped... when I bent my arm
    Damn... Is it wrong that, even as a female, I envy you?

canuck416 is online now Senior Member
    Pissing off my wife...Just realized I haven't had a cold, allergies or the flu since I started Paleo. My wife who eats what would be considered healthy in a CW way, has not gone totally Paleo. She is a teacher and often picks up a cold or mild flu from her students. Normally I would have ended up getting sick as well, not now. It's beginning to irritate her...Ha Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    Pissing off my wife...Just realized I haven't had a cold, allergies or the flu since I started Paleo. My wife who eats what would be considered healthy in a CW way, has not gone totally Paleo. She is a teacher and often picks up a cold or mild flu from her students. Normally I would have ended up getting sick as well, not now. It's beginning to irritate her...Ha Ha!
    I still get ill sometimes but, not as badly. For example, there was a bug going round. One of the ones that "breed in the muscles" or a "man flu". Pretty much everyone got it. "Fit and healthy" people were off sick, it hit them so hard. The skinny and fat (those with less muscle or less dense muscle) had it, but it didn't take them out, so to speak. I think I was the only "fit and healthy" person who managed without a day off.

Chris_H is offline Senior Member
    My current frustration is that I need to purchase new base layers...I may try to do some horsetrading with my current underarmor and merino base layers to see if I can unload what I have.
    Male, 32y, 6'0" tall
    SW 306lbs (6/1/12)
    CW 244lbs (1/17/13)

BP down from 120/80 to 110/74

Quote Originally Posted by Juanita503 View Post
    I really hate waking up before my alarm clock goes off... what a waste of money that thing was.
    Happened this morning! I was expecting to be EXHAUSTED because I couldn't get my body to sleep last night. Apparently it just wanted less sleep. First time that's happened. Feels brill.

Bushrat is offline Senior Member
    With 40 inch shoulders and a 32 inch waist I can't find shirts that fit. They are all too loose at the waist or tight or dig into my arm pits.
    A steak a day keeps the doctor away

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
    With 40 inch shoulders and a 32 inch waist I can't find shirts that fit. They are all too loose at the waist or tight or dig into my arm pits.
    Geek is the same way. Try Express and Old Navy, those tend to work for him. For Old Navy, I think it's the vintage cut, or something like that. He occasionally gets lucky at the GAP and Dillard's.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Page 67 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast