Page 67 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Thread: "Frustrations" with paleo/primal page 67

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Kakes-
    That is my current issue- Crossfit is changing my body- my shoulders are getting broader, waist keeps shrinking.

Gravyboat - That's awesome and I do the same thing- grab the 16's, the XXL's. End up buying the 12's and mediums. I think I'll be in a 10 soon as the 12 skirt I bought gapped at the waist, fit over hips and thighs.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

ConnieSB is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    Kakes-
    That is my current issue- Crossfit is changing my body- my shoulders are getting broader, waist keeps shrinking.

Gravyboat - That's awesome and I do the same thing- grab the 16's, the XXL's. End up buying the 12's and mediums. I think I'll be in a 10 soon as the 12 skirt I bought gapped at the waist, fit over hips and thighs.
    Congrats!! I"m hoping to have some of these same "frustrations" soon, but I wanted to say I took ah peek at your blog and cannot wait to try some of your recipes!! We have our own farm raised (pasture) beef and pork but I could never figure out a good way to cook beef ribs, I'm gonna try your recipe

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Connie-
    Those were pork ribs.
    Thanks for checking out my blog and lucky you to have awesome pork and beef!

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    -I can't eat chocolate that's under 55% any more, because all I taste are the chemicals.
    -Sometimes I don't feel like eating for a day, and I don't.
    -Quality butter rarely lasts long enough to cook with.
    -I'm drinking a lot more decent fluids (tea, shakes, water, water, water) rather than sugary stuff or energy drinks.
    -I'm spending more money on teas and coffees, as I drink them for pleasure, rather than for caffeine and now I actually CARE what they taste like.
    -I feel like I'm responsible for the income of an entire nation's worth of egg-farms.
    -I forget to have breakfast, so I can't put a breakfast on my blog.
    -I have my best figure yet, but it's starting to get too cold to show off.
    -I don't feel I "have" to buy/eat anything, although I seem to have a few "staples".
    -I have a box of Vitamin D supplements I don't know what to do with.
    -People comment on: my shape, my health, how many eggs I eat, how I eat eggs in anything, how I sometimes don't eat.
    -I'm working out how to almond-batter-fry chicken to make it taste like KFC for my fiance.
    -People waste my time asking for diet advice when they rarely take it.

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kochin View Post
    -I have my best figure yet, but it's starting to get too cold to show off.
    This one, definitely! My only consolation is that I should be reaching my goal around May, just when it starts warming up. So that'll be nice, to rip off all the layers and shock people.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    The sleeve of my shirt just ripped... when I bent my arm
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Quote Originally Posted by Misabi View Post
    The sleeve of my shirt just ripped... when I bent my arm
    Damn... Is it wrong that, even as a female, I envy you?

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Pissing off my wife...Just realized I haven't had a cold, allergies or the flu since I started Paleo. My wife who eats what would be considered healthy in a CW way, has not gone totally Paleo. She is a teacher and often picks up a cold or mild flu from her students. Normally I would have ended up getting sick as well, not now. It's beginning to irritate her...Ha Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    Pissing off my wife...Just realized I haven't had a cold, allergies or the flu since I started Paleo. My wife who eats what would be considered healthy in a CW way, has not gone totally Paleo. She is a teacher and often picks up a cold or mild flu from her students. Normally I would have ended up getting sick as well, not now. It's beginning to irritate her...Ha Ha!
    I still get ill sometimes but, not as badly. For example, there was a bug going round. One of the ones that "breed in the muscles" or a "man flu". Pretty much everyone got it. "Fit and healthy" people were off sick, it hit them so hard. The skinny and fat (those with less muscle or less dense muscle) had it, but it didn't take them out, so to speak. I think I was the only "fit and healthy" person who managed without a day off.

Chris_H is offline Senior Member
    My current frustration is that I need to purchase new base layers...I may try to do some horsetrading with my current underarmor and merino base layers to see if I can unload what I have.
    Male, 32y, 6'0" tall
    SW 306lbs (6/1/12)
    CW 244lbs (1/17/13)

BP down from 120/80 to 110/74

Page 67 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast