Page 65 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast

Thread: "Frustrations" with paleo/primal page 65

fastersteve is offline Member
    Shop Now
    You wouldn't be the first to give a kid some Benadryl so he sleeps "Extra soundly...

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    libido sky rockets WAY up. luckily, DS sleeps like a log. he also likes to play in the shower (with several buckets and soap for bubbles, he's good to go for at least and hour).

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    As I was cleaning up from my dinner of BBQ ribs and brussel sprout slaw with bacon, I realized that I have about 25 vegetarian cookbooks with recipes for BBQ Tofu. I want to be environmental and recycle The New Farm Cookbook (the home of nutrition yeast cheese) and "The Tofu Cook Book". But part of me wants to use them to build a big fire to roast a whole pig over.

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    As I was cleaning up from my dinner of BBQ ribs and brussel sprout slaw with bacon, I realized that I have about 25 vegetarian cookbooks with recipes for BBQ Tofu. I want to be environmental and recycle The New Farm Cookbook (the home of nutrition yeast cheese) and "The Tofu Cook Book". But part of me wants to use them to build a big fire to roast a whole pig over.
    Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - You'd be reusing them, so it would still be environmental. Right?
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Wood ash is good for the soil! It's high in potassium. Burn away, imo!

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Energy! is offline Member
    After eating a slow cooked beef stew with bone broth, my hubby said in a perplexed tone, "I think this has too much flavor!"

The problem turned out to be that the sauce needed to be thinned just a tad. We've been laughing about that ever since. Take that, wimpy SAD beef stew!
    Age 54, post-menopausal, primal since August '12 with some dairy, lots of seafood, more or less following PHD and the 5 Leptin Rules. Taking ThyroGold and recently RS with great results. My Primal Journal

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Speaking of bone broth, I have the tragic "frustration" that now that I've finally figured out my favorite recipe for bone broth, I am running out of room in the giant chest freezer that we bought and we were sure was too big.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Energy! View Post
    After eating a slow cooked beef stew with bone broth, my hubby said in a perplexed tone, "I think this has too much flavor!"

The problem turned out to be that the sauce needed to be thinned just a tad. We've been laughing about that ever since. Take that, wimpy SAD beef stew!
    Ha, I learned that lesson. So many recipes say to remove extra grease/fat (or all the fat, if they're really failing), and I was all, "Ha-HA! There can NEVER be too much grease!"

No, I was wrong, there totally can be. >.<
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    you know, these days, when I have anything sweet/sugary (part of the living life so have a piece of cake once in a while aspect of primal), i get a headache. Thanks primal! no more sugar for me!

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Because I am now cooking meat, and making bone stock, I had to buy myself a new, fancy, bells-&-whistles slow cooker.

*sigh*

It even has a probe so my roasts will come out absolutely perfect.

Thanks, ever so much, Primal living, for making me update my cooking methods...

Page 65 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast