Page 63 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast

Thread: "Frustrations" with paleo/primal page 63

Energy! is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    It's the gambling that is getting to me, like 2 weeks ago in Macy's...”Should I buy the Large pants that are a little baggy or the pretty tight Mediums for our Italy trip in November...?” Bought the medium size.

This morning: had to move the waistband buttons in because they weren't tight enough. Will they fit in 5 weeks?!

I've only lost about 3 pounds since starting primal (with some dairy) a few weeks ago and am seriously bummed that I didn't take any "before" measurements. Because it only took about 2 weeks before my waist stopped puffing out (my post-menopausal doom? Not!) and started curving back in, then my thighs stopped hitting each other. The other odd thing is that my normally piano-wire-tight hamstrings loosened up by themselves. Thank you, bone broths!

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, the real bugger, too, is how ridiculously nearly instantaneous things are.

for example, if I have a bit of off primal stuff or a heavier (refeeding?) day, there's no change. Do that for several weeks, get a bit pudgy. Stop that, and 6 days later your'e back to normal.

Figures.

lissee is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    I thought someone had moved the seat on the driver's side of my car back because the steering wheel felt far away. Then I noticed that the pedals were still reachable. That was an awesome day.
    Ahhhh! *smacks head* I drive about once a month and the last time I got in the car I was paranoid that somehow someone else had been in my car (my car lives in a garage). The seat was just enough 'off' that I noticed something was different! Now I understand. Ha! My behind is smaller.

Colloid is offline Junior Member
    after 2 months the new suit jacket (with a slim designation) is too big around the middle, what do we do to find a suit jacket?
    Male, 5'11", 49
    MaxW 246+ 2004
    SW 212 CW 200 GW don't really care
    Goal 12+ pullups per set, current 10

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Colloid View Post
    after 2 months the new suit jacket (with a slim designation) is too big around the middle, what do we do to find a suit jacket?
    Take it to a good alterations place...
    Custom fit will look even better!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Primal Papa is offline Senior Member
    OK, I have HUGE sadness and frustration right now.... probably partly my own fault.... I said I was only going to weigh myself once a week... but here ya go:

On day 8, I got on the scale and saw I had dropped 12 - 13 pounds! I was insanely happy. I have NOT cheated. Now, 5 days later I stepped on the scale, even though I said I wouldn't, and I was only down 5 pounds. Now, I have been doing MINOR exercise to start getting back in shape, but not much... very light lifting, and some aerobics.... maybe 90 minutes a week.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013
    Main Goal - To be healthy for my family... I have an awesome family.
    Other Goal - to get off some medications
    Final goal - to get to about 180 pounds by 2014
    NEW GOAL - When I can start a new journal called "Your dad is not so fat!"

Your Dad is So Fat

lissee is offline Senior Member
    Hi Primal Papa, in the first week, a lot of what you've lost is water, from the bloat in your digestive system and the extra glycogen your body was storing in your muscles. It's very, very normal to drop a lot within those first few days.

2nd, 5 lbs seems more normal and actually very good progress for a week! Congrats!! Eventually this might taper off for you, most of us actually stall for a week or two, then drop 3-5 lbs over night. This is very common. It's why many people say, throw away the scale and break out the tape measurer. Have you taken measurements yet? For myself, I've often found that when I stall, most times, I'm shrinking, and my pants fit looser.

__

Frustration: I bought a ticket to the Marine Ball this year, and I don't know whether to buy a dress now, and guestimate as to what size I'll be a month from now, or if I should just wait and try to find something at the last minute. Sometimes losing weight quickly sucks! :P

AvatarAbe is offline Junior Member
    Hello everyone! Newbie here :P I've been Primal for about 7 weeks now and a couple of amusing frustrations include:

1.) The belt I just bought a month and a half ago is now doing nothing to hold my pants up.

2.) I look like a self-absorbed narcissist because every time I pass a mirror I pause to look at myself....not in vanity, but out of shock! For having "only" lost 15 pounds I feel like the visual difference is more significant. The difference in how I *feel* certainly is.

3.) Nowadays, I of course get hungry less. But the weird thing is, when I do get hungry, rather than getting tired and irritable, as I always did and most people I know do, I seem to get a weird surge of energy, which tends to annoy people haha. I have no idea why this is, actually.

Bearcat is offline Junior Member
    Having to admit that your favourite, expensive jeans bought on an overseas trip really are too big in a not cool kind of way.
    Finding out that another fave local chain doesn't actually make the on-sale jeans you want in the size you need - did they start dropping sizes as the general population gets bigger??
    Finding new interesting threads on MDA and spending hours reading them when you really should be doing something else - like putting it all into action!

Wanderlust is offline Senior Member
    My house smells like bacon.
    "Go For Broke"
    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
    Small Kine-168/9%
    Now- 200/8%
    Goal- 210/6%

Page 63 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast