Page 62 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

Thread: "Frustrations" with paleo/primal page 62

Grokdaddy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I wear a uniform for a living, a one piece jump suit. Now my uniforms are getting that "bunched up" look at the belt line when I tighten my belt. Looks bad. The problem is these jumpsuits are custom made and are like $350-400 each! I'm gonna have to break down and replace them but I don't think I have bottomed out the weight loss yet. Dang you Primal Living.
    All time high weight 262 lbs
    Primal since Spring 2012
    Start PB Weight: 240 lbs ish
    Current Weight: 220lbs ish
    Goal Weight:190-200 lbs
    All on a 6ft. 1/2 inch frame.

I can't wait to meet my abs for the first time in my life. We gotta lot of catching up to do.

I love this way of eating and hope to be able to help others.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokdaddy View Post
    I wear a uniform for a living, a one piece jump suit. Now my uniforms are getting that "bunched up" look at the belt line when I tighten my belt. Looks bad. The problem is these jumpsuits are custom made and are like $350-400 each! I'm gonna have to break down and replace them but I don't think I have bottomed out the weight loss yet. Dang you Primal Living.
    Take them to a good alterations place... they can get you through!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Take them to a good alterations place... they can get you through!
    While I still need some for winter (my winter one's look worn out) I will see if the vender (a friend's mother) can alter then for me. Thanks for the good idea cori.
    Primal since Spring 2012

I can't wait to meet my abs for the first time in my life. We gotta lot of catching up to do.

shep68 is offline Senior Member
    I've already done the new pants thing and can tell I'm about a month or two away from having to do it again. Then there's a bunch of cool motorcycle shirts I bought that are already hanging off my body. That one really hurts because they aren't cheap, and I like them alot. I'm going to keep wearing them until it looks too ridiculous. Bagged up and gave away a bunch of basically new clothes that I can't wear anymore.

Today my ring fell right off the finger just standing there with hands at side. Fingers are getting skinny too I guess.

And here's a weird one: my nose is dripping alot since starting this eating pattern. Don't know if it's related but there you go. <shrug>

The Superwag is offline Junior Member
    Hah nose dripping is from all the awesome herbs and spices we now eat!

My gripes for grok to laugh over the campfire:

1) people who go on about how much cholesterol and heart disease I must have. I inwardly smile because I understand their doctors have told them to trust the Australian Dietary Guidelines, but if I was vegetarian NO ONE WOULD CARE. THAT is unfair.
    2) spending money on smaller clothes
    3) when my boyfriend says 'oh by the way we are meeting friends for dinner tonight' after I have defrosted some lovely grass-fed meat
    4) running out of coconut oil
    5) having so much energy and zest for life I canny sit still anymore, anytime. I jut want to be out in the sunshine, walking jumping and playing.
    6) getting spurts of bacon fat all over te kitchen floor :-D
    7) taking photos of food. Eating this way makes you an awesome cook and it cuts into your eating time when you take photos hah

Obviously we are all optimally leading fantastic healthy lives and mind frames if these are our main gripes.

Have to say I love losing weight and having people think you must have an eating disorder, when obviously the only eating disorder is now loving and appreciating quality food more than ever. Can't wait for someone to open Australia's first paleo restaurant. I hope it's somewhere in a cave!!

Iron Fireling is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    Ugh, I hadn't considered the narrow foot part of it. Wide boots would also likely have a wide foot bit.

Goddamnit, I want cute boots!
    I have the same issue... skinny feet, big calves. Even now I look at my calves and they don't LOOK that huge, they certainly don't have a lot of fat on them... but dammit boots don't fit me! My friend gave me some of her old boots that she could do up and I couldn't... and seriously she's got another 20kg on me. I don't get it! I'm like, even if I lose weight, I can't see how my calves will get that much thinner because they don't seem all that fat as it is.

Yesterday I put on my all time favorite pair of jeans to go to the movies with my fam to the movies. I can not deny it any more they are getting too big for me (more like I am getting to small for them). Which is sad cuz I really like them. I bought them a couple years ago. Not gonna find them again. Me and the wife will probably have a hard time buying clothes unless we try on everything as we still are stuck on our old sizes in our minds but in actuality we have gotten smaller. No more oh it says XL shirt get it cuz I'm an XL. I guess you can call it reverse denial...when you think you are bigger than you really are. But I'll take that over normal denial (I can still fit those size 36 pants I know I can) any day.
    Primal since Spring 2012

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    My frustration now... is my husband. Specifically, trying to talk him into buying new clothes.

His jeans are falling off him. He decided he needed a new belt, and I had to talk him out of buying a 42" belt - which is the size of his jeans - and finally convinced him to get a 38". Naturally, it fits fine.

He keeps giving me grief about wanting to get him jeans that fit now. *sigh*

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokdaddy View Post
    Which is sad cuz I really like them. I bought them a couple years ago. Not gonna find them again.
    Try eBay. Seriously. I had a favorite skirt that I bought like 5 years ago at least. Last time I checked (sometime this year), there were 3-4 of them on eBay.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Jena is offline Senior Member
    I just HATE eating a tender, delicious, perfectly seasoned ribeye once a week. It really gets me down ;(
    Cha-cha-cha changes.... turn and face the strange...

My journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread66276.html

Page 62 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast