Page 61 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Thread: "Frustrations" with paleo/primal page 61

Comma is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I had a plate slip out of my hands and fall on my foot because my fingers were all buttery from making quiche.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    I am losing weight, but damn.... spending money on shopping. I've said this a million times, but I spent 38 years being too fat to wear stylish clothes. And I am a god damn fashion junkie. Just dropped another $100 at Anthropologie on a gorgeous purple silk dress.

It's like- I want it all. New jeans. New dresses. New skirts. God only knows what is going to happen to my credit card when I reach my weight goal.

Oh- my other obsession. Cowboy boots. Always wanted some. Calves too fat. Now they fit with that nice gap between the upper and my leg. So it's not even like the shoe want is getting a rest.

Grok. Must be more grok like in shopping habits. But then I see a cute fur vest. And I don't look a yeti in it.

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    Oh- my other obsession. Cowboy boots. Always wanted some. Calves too fat. Now they fit with that nice gap between the upper and my leg. So it's not even like the shoe want is getting a rest.
    Aw man, you just reminded me of how much I've always wanted those too, but couldn't wear them for the same reason. Well, with any luck, my calves will STAY too fat and I won't ever have to budget for them.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    I am losing weight, but damn.... spending money on shopping. I've said this a million times, but I spent 38 years being too fat to wear stylish clothes. And I am a god damn fashion junkie. Just dropped another $100 at Anthropologie on a gorgeous purple silk dress.

It's like- I want it all. New jeans. New dresses. New skirts. God only knows what is going to happen to my credit card when I reach my weight goal.

Grok. Must be more grok like in shopping habits. But then I see a cute fur vest. And I don't look a yeti in it.
    *flagrant self promotion*
    I run a blog called Cheapass Chick, all about how to find and style clothes as inexpensively as possible while maintaining as high a quality as you want.
    /flagrant self promotion
    I mostly hit thrift stores and eBay, personally. It really helps keep my spending down.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravyboat View Post
    Aw man, you just reminded me of how much I've always wanted those too, but couldn't wear them for the same reason. Well, with any luck, my calves will STAY too fat and I won't ever have to budget for them.
    Heh, welcome to my world, except it's muscle, not fat. A plus-size shop here has in some cute boots with wider tops so they will fit fatter legs, and I am considering going to try them on even though they will think I am crazy.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

By "they" I meant the staff in the shop. I doubt the boots would have much opinion on my sanity either way.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

I've given up on most cowboy boots. I have muscular calves and bordering on narrow feet. Anything without a gusset or the rainboot gap (that gap most rainboots have in the calf) or that doesn't lace up just isn't gonna fit. I have ONE pair of boots that don't meet those specs and it's 10 minutes of tugging and swearing to get them up to my knees.
    I have a pair of lace up granny boots I bought as cowboy boots several years ago. They practically gave them to me, as they were made for an older lady with a narrow foot that croaked before she could pick them up.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Ugh, I hadn't considered the narrow foot part of it. Wide boots would also likely have a wide foot bit.

Goddamnit, I want cute boots!

Owly's Journal

magicmerl is online now Senior Member
    I have to buy more shorts, casual trousers and work trousers. I guess that's a good problem to have, but my question is, how long will these clothes last me before I have to get more?
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    Ugh, I hadn't considered the narrow foot part of it. Wide boots would also likely have a wide foot bit.

Goddamnit, I want cute boots!
    I hear ya. I've started using eBay for my boots. Once you know your calf circumference and what you want, it makes weeding out the trash so much easier. Scroll down, meet spec? Nope, trash, repeat.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Page 61 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast