Page 59 of 81 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast

Thread: "Frustrations" with paleo/primal page 59

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I thought someone had moved the seat on the driver's side of my car back because the steering wheel felt far away. Then I noticed that the pedals were still reachable. That was an awesome day.

daisey is offline Junior Member
    Last Saturday, I mixed frozen blueberrries with a 1 can of Whole Foods Coconut Milk which I found delicious! Unfortunately, I got really sick soon after eating it, which included diahreah and nausea. I found this article on why you can sick on coconut milk,

3 reasons why coconut milk may not be your friend

I have a pretty strong constitution so I was shocked I felt so horrible all day after eating it. I know it wasn't the blueberries because I've been eating them everyday with non-fat yogurt with no problems. Do you think a whole can might have to much fat for me at one sitting or one of the three reasons the Doctor lists in the link above?
    I want to try it this weekend in a small portion but I can't affor to get sick another day. FYI, I also got sick after consuming really high fat cream from Trader Joes. I've always eaten a high fat diet, comprised of junk food, so I know I don't have a problem with high fat content since I have eaten 1 pint of Ben and Jerries with no problems. Why would coconut milk make me so sick??? Has anyonelse been sick after drinking a whole can of coconut milk?
    Thanks for any input!

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    I don't drink a whole can of coconut milk. I usually take about half and dilute it with water and ice cubes before making my drinks.

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    HAH! I bought a really nice dress shirt from Penningtons before I began my journey in earnest... I can still wear it, but I use broaches to pin it to my bra so it doesn't start showing everything!

skorpion317 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by daisey View Post
    Last Saturday, I mixed frozen blueberrries with a 1 can of Whole Foods Coconut Milk which I found delicious! Unfortunately, I got really sick soon after eating it, which included diahreah and nausea. I found this article on why you can sick on coconut milk,

3 reasons why coconut milk may not be your friend

I have a pretty strong constitution so I was shocked I felt so horrible all day after eating it. I know it wasn't the blueberries because I've been eating them everyday with non-fat yogurt with no problems. Do you think a whole can might have to much fat for me at one sitting or one of the three reasons the Doctor lists in the link above?
    I want to try it this weekend in a small portion but I can't affor to get sick another day. FYI, I also got sick after consuming really high fat cream from Trader Joes. I've always eaten a high fat diet, comprised of junk food, so I know I don't have a problem with high fat content since I have eaten 1 pint of Ben and Jerries with no problems. Why would coconut milk make me so sick??? Has anyonelse been sick after drinking a whole can of coconut milk?
    Thanks for any input!
    Coconut milk, in a large amount, acts as a laxative. That's why you felt sick.
    "Don't waste your time, or time will waste you."

Lyns84 is offline Junior Member
    after almost a month primal I am wearing a hand me down work uniform because my own is falling off :-D The hand me down trousers are a little baggy, hoping I'll get a smaller size next month!

Howard44 is offline Junior Member
    I'm beginning to get bored of having to constantly lift my t-shirt every time one of my friends says:

"But you can't eat all that butter and animal fat! It's bad for you and it'll make you really fat and unhealthy!"

(t-shirt goes up)

"oh, you have a six pack....but that doesn't make any sense, you eat all that fat, you should be fat, I don't understand......"

friend then normally wanders away looking confused.

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    I miss baking. I was a taking cake decorating classes right before I went paleo/primal, and I was a DAMN good baker. I made caramel from scratch. Now I only bake once a month, to take a cake to the monthly team meeting, and I feel like a crack pusher. XD But darnit, it's the only time I can bake!

PHaselow is offline Senior Member
    My friends no longer complain that I "never eat anything".

I have no real excuse to lock myself in the house for the 2 days before my period anymore.

My dog and I fight over bones.

Age 48
    Start date: 7-5-12
    5'3"
    121lbs
    GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100

"In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
    Henri Frederic Amiel

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Goosejuggler View Post
    My wardrobe used to be full of clothes that were too small