Page 58 of 81 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Thread: "Frustrations" with paleo/primal page 58

Wanderlust is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by labmonkey View Post
    I wish I could wear VFFs. I tried some on last weekend but, alas my mutant webbed feet keep me from enjoying them (2nd and third toes on both feet are connected about 1/2 way to 2/3rds up!). So unless I get them surgically separated or somehow they start making them for us mutants, I'll stand back in envy.

(From what I could tell, then material felt great on the feet and I loved the bottoms. DAMN you feet!!)
    All you need is 1 bottle of Jack Daniels, semi-sharp pocket knife, and a girl who can sew; problem solved. Buy your VFFs now!
    "Go For Broke"
    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
    Small Kine-168/9%
    Now- 200/8%
    Goal- 210/6%

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanderlust View Post
    All you need is 1 bottle of Jack Daniels, semi-sharp pocket knife, and a girl who can sew; problem solved. Buy your VFFs now!
    I have better whiskey and better rum (your choice), a nice sharp pocket knife with a ling blade to prevent inadvertent gashes, and I can sew flesh (I have experience!).
    Feel free to give me a shout and we'll work on freeing up those toes.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

labmonkey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    I have better whiskey and better rum (your choice), a nice sharp pocket knife with a ling blade to prevent inadvertent gashes, and I can sew flesh (I have experience!).
    Feel free to give me a shout and we'll work on freeing up those toes.
    Do I ate least get to bite down on a piece of wood? Oh wait, turkey leg. I like that better.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    I have better whiskey and better rum
    What rum you got? I been really digging Zacapa from Guatemala lately.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    It can be frustrating going shopping.

Today, I went shopping for jeans. I got "super skinny" (that's the label), size 10 (NZ, which is a US 4/6).

So, I grab a pair and run into the changing room (sprints, yo! LOL kidding), and there are ladies in rooms either side of me. I think nothing of it.

Until I step out of the dressing room to see if they "fit" properly (no mirror in the changing room, oddly, but mirrors are expensive here). THen, I'm suddenly surrounded by dirty looks.

now, admittedly, it could be because I was there with my son and I was stern with him. But, it could also be because I was the thinnest woman in the dressing room -- including teens -- wearing the smallest pair of jeans there (admittedly, they do also sell size 8 and 6 NZ -- 8 being a 4/2 US, and 6 being a 2/0 US). But, apparently none of the really petite gals were in the dressing room at the time.

The jeans were on sale-sale, so I got two.

Then I went and tried on bras/panties at the fancy lingerie shop (also having a sale), and got three sets of very nice ones. The ladies there were very nice and helpful, though I overheard them saying "man, I wish I'd lost all the baby weight. Did you see her abs?"

At least they were nice about it.

aloerob is offline Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Fatty68 View Post
    My frustration lately is my golf game has fallen apart with my weight loss and flexibility increase.

My flexibility has skyrocketed, and with that flexibility has come a huge increase in my swing speed. I promise I am not lying when I say my average drive is over 300 yards, and I have usually 1 drive in the 330-340 yards each round.

Here lies the problem- I caved in the face of my R11 driver! I am lost without my driver! My new driver is on the way from taylormade, but I hate playing without one!

My scores have went up by around 8 strokes because I can't dial n the added length of my irons. For example- pitching wedge was around 130, now I am hitting it over 150- 6 iron was around 180- now it is flying from 215-225. What the hell? I don' t feel I am swinging that hard, but I hit some balls on the monitor and my swing speed was approaching 125 and a few higher. For all u golfers out there, that is pretty crazy for me.

Oh well, I will figure it out one day and play this stupid game good, at least I am healthier and feel great- golf is just a game!

I have this same problem! Distances are exactly the same and for the longest time I was flying greens by 20+ yards. I still find myself making poor club selection choices in the 175-190 yd range. Good luck!

orielwen is offline Senior Member
    Where can I buy jumpers that don't assume that women have skinny arms? I have actual biceps now, and can't get my arms into things that are meant to be my size.

getfit is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by orielwen View Post
    A couple of months ago we planted about 30 potatoes in our garden, and sowed sweetcorn (12 have come up). Then we discovered Primal.

What the hell are we going to do with all those potatoes come harvest time?
    Crafts?

Potato-Print Baby Clothes - Martha Stewart Crafts

CaveWeirdo is offline Senior Member
    I've always liked curling up and sitting on one leg when I'm relaxing, and now I'm very happy that I can sit cross-legged on my narrow armchair. Unfortunately I've still got a lot more thigh-fat to lose so I still get pins and needles!

I also need to buy new bras soon, for the second time in 5 months (Started at 38J, now in a getting-loose 36J, soon I think I'll need a 34J!). This is inconvenient because I'm still big enough in cup size to need to order them online, and pray that I've worked out the size correctly and won't have to send them back!
    Start weight: 238 lbs (March 2012)
    Current weight: 205 lbs (July 2012)
    Loss so far: 33 lbs!!!
    WOE: Primal + IF
    Movements: Hiking, sprinting.
    Goal: to see my abs some time in 2013!

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaveWeirdo View Post
    I also need to buy new bras soon, for the second time in 5 months (Started at 38J, now in a getting-loose 36J, soon I think I'll need a 34J!). This is inconvenient because I'm still big enough in cup size to need to order them online, and pray that I've worked out the size correctly and won't have to send them back!
    I feel your pain! I just bought a new bra off ebay in what I thought was my new size (I measure as a G), but when it arrived the fit was hilariously bad. Luckily I was able to go to the retail store today and exchange it for a DDD and that fits okay. But otherwise I would have been out $15 and would have been mad.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Page 58 of 81 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast