Page 57 of 81 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

Thread: "Frustrations" with paleo/primal page 57

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Fuel
    I find it terribly frustrating when I can't remember which catalogue I bought which item from when I want to go back and replace the baggy item with one that fits.

On the bright side, the local American Cancer Society thrift shop loves me as I keep bringing them the things I clean out of my closet.

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Does it have a tag in it?

Can you check your emails from when you bought it if you did it online, or your bank account if you know about when you got it?
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Quote Originally Posted by wedion13 View Post
    That is what I plan to do.
    Heck yeah. I wish I had to guts to, but I'm too scared.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Wanderlust is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jfreaksho View Post
    I'd be up for some clothes swapping- all my 29W jeans are getting tight on the thighs since I started lifting. Otherwise they might end up at a homeless vets shelter, which is what happened to everything that was too big.
    Yeah anything with a 30"-31" waist and 34" inseam I'll take.

Primal complaint: My tailor knows me by name. Because there is no such thing as a off the rack shirt that fits a 40" chest and a 30" waist.
    Last edited by Wanderlust; 06-13-2012 at 10:45 AM. Reason: typo
    "Go For Broke"
    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
    Small Kine-168/9%
    Now- 200/8%
    Goal- 210/6%

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    Does it have a tag in it?

Can you check your emails from when you bought it if you did it online, or your bank account if you know about when you got it?
    Well the problem is that I went up in weight pretty quickly and then came down quickly as well so I have stuff kicking around my closet from the way up and the way down and I can't keep track of it all. Oh well. First world problem, I know.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Despite my better (fashion based) judgement, I am REALLY interested in getting some VFF's. They are a pipe dream right now, I cannot afford to spend that kind of money on something that isn't bills or groceries right now, but I still like to imagine what kind I would get.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    I kinda wonder about Vibrams.

I'm always barefoot inside, and outside I only wear the loosest, most flimsy, thin-soled ballet slippers ever. Stepping on rocks in them is just as bad as stepping on them barefoot, but this way I don't get stubbed toes (I kinda shuffle more than walk). The only "real" shoes I ever wear are chuck taylors for weightlifting at the gym, and they hurt the soles of my feet, presumably since I'm used to feeling the ground when I walk.

Are VFFs really necessary? Like, they seriously look like more material than I even wear on my feet currently. And I think I would find it really irritating to have stuff between my toes. Are they really that good? I know everyone raves about them, but they kinda seem unnecessary?

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    I liked my VFFs, but my RunaMocs are definitely closer to being barefoot (in addition to looking kinda like actual shoes). The parts between the toes don't go all the way down to the web of my toes so it never really bothered me.

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravyboat View Post
    I kinda wonder about Vibrams.

I'm always barefoot inside, and outside I only wear the loosest, most flimsy, thin-soled ballet slippers ever. Stepping on rocks in them is just as bad as stepping on them barefoot, but this way I don't get stubbed toes (I kinda shuffle more than walk). The only "real" shoes I ever wear are chuck taylors for weightlifting at the gym, and they hurt the soles of my feet, presumably since I'm used to feeling the ground when I walk.

Are VFFs really necessary? Like, they seriously look like more material than I even wear on my feet currently. And I think I would find it really irritating to have stuff between my toes. Are they really that good? I know everyone raves about them, but they kinda seem unnecessary?
    I really like mine, the toes are a plus for me, not a minus. I'm taking them backpacking as my change-of-pace and also camp shoe. I thought they looked ridiculous but couldn't turn them down after trying them. Like any shoe, they are not for everyone though.
    Just go to a good shoe store and try some on.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

labmonkey is offline Senior Member
    I wish I could wear VFFs. I tried some on last weekend but, alas my mutant webbed feet keep me from enjoying them (2nd and third toes on both feet are connected about 1/2 way to 2/3rds up!). So unless I get them surgically separated or somehow they start making them for us mutants, I'll stand back in envy.

(From what I could tell, then material felt great on the feet and I loved the bottoms. DAMN you feet!!)

Page 57 of 81 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast