Page 53 of 80 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: "Frustrations" with paleo/primal page 53

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeBop View Post
    Outside of discussions around the causative factors of bloating and general digestive disruption, I find I can no longer use the expression "the best thing since sliced bread" with the same conviction....! Wildly inconvenient as one can imagine.
    Easy. "The best thing since bacon." Fixed.
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

noreaster is offline Junior Member
    Before, I used to feel like all my clothes looked bad on me so I was always wanting to go clothes shopping and looking for different clothes......and now all the clothes I have in my closet suddenly look a lot better on me so I don't even need to go clothes shopping.

Little late to the party, but I had accepted my new look and bought nice work pants to accommodate my new found size, went primal now all my clothes (especially khaki pants) look baggy and bunchy on me. It sucks. I need all new clothes. They ain't cheap.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    Little late to the party, but I had accepted my new look and bought nice work pants to accommodate my new found size, went primal now all my clothes (especially khaki pants) look baggy and bunchy on me. It sucks. I need all new clothes. They ain't cheap.
    I find brand new pants at the thrift store all the time. My new favorites are olive green skinny jeans. I loooove them. They were $5. Granted, that's not work khakis, but I'm positive you could find some nice pants in the size you need for cheap, especially if you just need a transitional size for now, like I do. Plenty of people donate barely- or never-worn clothes and it's way better than slapping down $$ on something new that you'll only be able to wear for a couple months.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeBop View Post
    Outside of discussions around the causative factors of bloating and general digestive disruption, I find I can no longer use the expression "the best thing since sliced bread" with the same conviction....! Wildly inconvenient as one can imagine.
    The same thing for "The icing on the cake". We could change that to, "The butter on the steak".

orielwen is offline Senior Member
    A couple of months ago we planted about 30 potatoes in our garden, and sowed sweetcorn (12 have come up). Then we discovered Primal.

What the hell are we going to do with all those potatoes come harvest time?

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by orielwen View Post
    A couple of months ago we planted about 30 potatoes in our garden, and sowed sweetcorn (12 have come up). Then we discovered Primal.

Potatoes aren't so bad really. Mark says it better than me:
    Are Potatoes Paleo? | Mark's Daily Apple
    Are Potatoes Healthy? | Mark's Daily Apple

I think the corn could be a once-off indulgence. Definitely shouldn't be a staple, but an ear or two per season will probably not hurt you.

Maybe you could sell the surplus at a local market.

orielwen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yodiewan View Post
    Potatoes aren't so bad really.
    Yeah, but assuming a 12-fold yield (not unreasonable), that's still 360 potatoes, to be eaten within, say, six months. That's one each every day. We do not exercise enough for that much starch!

I think our relatives and friends might be getting a windfall.

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    My community planted tomatoes, have kind of an allergy to them but not bad but at end of season probably without telling us they will rip all the tomato plants out which will upset me. Kind of random I know.......

Coconut oil makes you sick then fixes your sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by orielwen View Post

Yeah, potatoes aren't that bad. And 28 ears of corn can make 5 gallons of corn wine, which, if you think about it, is about a half click shy of whiskey. I've had some good corn wine, and I've made some that would take the rust off a car bumper. Good luck.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Page 53 of 80 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast