Page 53 of 81 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: "Frustrations" with paleo/primal page 53

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    Little late to the party, but I had accepted my new look and bought nice work pants to accommodate my new found size, went primal now all my clothes (especially khaki pants) look baggy and bunchy on me. It sucks. I need all new clothes. They ain't cheap.
    I find brand new pants at the thrift store all the time. My new favorites are olive green skinny jeans. I loooove them. They were $5. Granted, that's not work khakis, but I'm positive you could find some nice pants in the size you need for cheap, especially if you just need a transitional size for now, like I do. Plenty of people donate barely- or never-worn clothes and it's way better than slapping down $$ on something new that you'll only be able to wear for a couple months.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeBop View Post
    Outside of discussions around the causative factors of bloating and general digestive disruption, I find I can no longer use the expression "the best thing since sliced bread" with the same conviction....! Wildly inconvenient as one can imagine.
    The same thing for "The icing on the cake". We could change that to, "The butter on the steak".

orielwen is offline Senior Member
    A couple of months ago we planted about 30 potatoes in our garden, and sowed sweetcorn (12 have come up). Then we discovered Primal.

What the hell are we going to do with all those potatoes come harvest time?

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by orielwen View Post
    A couple of months ago we planted about 30 potatoes in our garden, and sowed sweetcorn (12 have come up). Then we discovered Primal.

Potatoes aren't so bad really. Mark says it better than me:
    Are Potatoes Paleo? | Mark's Daily Apple
    Are Potatoes Healthy? | Mark's Daily Apple

I think the corn could be a once-off indulgence. Definitely shouldn't be a staple, but an ear or two per season will probably not hurt you.

Maybe you could sell the surplus at a local market.

orielwen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yodiewan View Post
    Potatoes aren't so bad really.
    Yeah, but assuming a 12-fold yield (not unreasonable), that's still 360 potatoes, to be eaten within, say, six months. That's one each every day. We do not exercise enough for that much starch!

I think our relatives and friends might be getting a windfall.

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    My community planted tomatoes, have kind of an allergy to them but not bad but at end of season probably without telling us they will rip all the tomato plants out which will upset me. Kind of random I know.......

Coconut oil makes you sick then fixes your sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by orielwen View Post

Yeah, potatoes aren't that bad. And 28 ears of corn can make 5 gallons of corn wine, which, if you think about it, is about a half click shy of whiskey. I've had some good corn wine, and I've made some that would take the rust off a car bumper. Good luck.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

OutdoorAmy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by June View Post
    I really hate waking up before my alarm clock goes off... what a waste of money that thing was.
    Did this for the first time in a while today . . . though I think it's more because I had to pee so bad, than that I was well rested. Thanks, ketosis diet!

Quote Originally Posted by Spubba View Post
    Well... damn it, it's time to go buy more (smaller) pants. The crazy thing is that I haven't lost much WEIGHT (only a couple pounds per month) but my body is losing square footage like crazy, apparently to the point where my co-workers have nicknamed me DD for Droopy Drawers.
    LOL! That is excellent!

Quote Originally Posted by MarieCalledGia View Post
    I no longer eat food that comes in boxes, so I never have any small cardboard boxes to use for craft projects. Now, when I need cardboard, I have to go digging in my neighbors recycling bin.
    I had the same thought the other day looking at my crafting supplies which include three empty Pringles containers . . . How am I going to restock?

Quote Originally Posted by Spubba View Post
    Foraging is very primal!

Back when I was dirt poor, I used to go to all the best neighborhoods on trash day and pick up the most awesome stuff. Furniture and whatnot.
    I won a Swiss ball, already inflated, from a neighbor the other day. I was driving down the alley and there it was on top of a stack of boxes next to their dumpster. I stopped and internally thanked them for the gift - I'd been needing one of those!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtGarvey View Post
    I share a small apartment with two other students and our fridge is very small. When I ate lots of pasta, rice, and take-out I had plenty of places to store non-fridge related food. Now everything I buy is going into the fridge or freezer. I need to make trips to the store or farmer's market 3+ times a week! I am a full-time student and I work 5 days a week. Cooking usually involves a trip to the store, prep, cooking, eating, and washing dishes which can take close to two hours when all is said and done.
    I live in a house with just one other girl and we both try to eat fresh food as often as possible. We've got pantry space, but the freezer and fridge are packed to the gills! (The freezer is mostly my meat and frozen veggies.

I need a deep freeze! (Between new clothes and marginally more expensive foods - primal IS expensive!)
    Healthy Bucket List:
    • Summit all of Colorado's 14-ers
    • Hike the Appalachian Trail
    • Do a real pull-up
    • Run a 5k
    • Be "Hot For Training Camp"

Check out my journey at Outdoor Amy's Blog.

Fatty68 is offline Junior Member
    My frustration lately is my golf game has fallen apart with my weight loss and flexibility increase.

My flexibility has skyrocketed, and with that flexibility has come a huge increase in my swing speed. I promise I am not lying when I say my average drive is over 300 yards, and I have usually 1 drive in the 330-340 yards each round.

Here lies the problem- I caved in the face of my R11 driver! I am lost without my driver! My new driver is on the way from taylormade, but I hate playing without one!

My scores have went up by around 8 strokes because I can't dial n the added length of my irons. For example- pitching wedge was around 130, now I am hitting it over 150- 6 iron was around 180- now it is flying from 215-225. What the hell? I don' t feel I am swinging that hard, but I hit some balls on the monitor and my swing speed was approaching 125 and a few higher. For all u golfers out there, that is pretty crazy for me.

Oh well, I will figure it out one day and play this stupid game good, at least I am healthier and feel great- golf is just a game!

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    How will I ever get ahold of raw milk? I know I know look it up online..........

Page 53 of 81 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast