Page 52 of 81 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: "Frustrations" with paleo/primal page 52

Kate Ruckman is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by CattyB View Post
    Hemoglobin A-1C is a measure of blood sugar that tells the "real" story of how you've been doing over the last 2-3 months...that way you can't 'cheat' for a day or so before the test! They still check regular blood sugar, though it's becoming rarer at clinics because most folks who need to check theirs on a regular basis have a home glucometer.

Sigh...still no results!
    Oh, thanks! Hope you get results soon...and looks to be like you're doing GREAT.
    Best--
    Kate

Still Craving Pterodactyl--my Primal Blueprint blog

70 is the new 50--without the hot flashes!

Goals: Feel good, be stronger, and hopefully kick that arthritis in the backside! Oh, yeah, and losing more weight would be okay, too.

Fatty68 is offline Junior Member
    So- the seasons have officially changed and my golf season has really gone into full swing. I dug my golf shorts out this morning- I have 5 really nice pair of shorts, and not one of them will even stay up around my waist! with a belt my shorts are so folded and bunched up that I look ridiculous! This Primal thing, being healthy and all, and losing 60 pounds of body fat is really getting to be expensive. All of my nice 3xl Golf shirts are like ridiculous Togas on me too! Time to buy some clothes.... right after I go to the farmers market and buy some eggs and veggies!

It's funny that you don't really realize the body transformation when you are wearing the same clothes becuase they slowly get loose. I gave my father in law a 3xl Callaway Half Zip sweater that cost me $100 becuase I couldn't bear to donate it! I even tried my suit on recently, and it actually is too loose on me. when I bought it three years ago, it was a bit too tight, but I refused to get size 44 Pants- I bought 42, and they need to be tailored down to 38 now. Damn- that suit was $800- the only one I own too. Oh well- I guess buying new clothes is cheaper than diabetes medicine and statins if I would have stayed CW right? Not to mention the better sex without a huge gut! I am pretty sure that my testosterone was falling to an old man's level- I now feel like I am 20 (am 34) I have been driving my wife crazy trying to get her in the bedroom- I've even resorted to bargaining for sex- I've offered the following items in return for sex- massage, clean the kitchen, pick up dry cleaning, load dishwasher for 3 turns (we usually alternate). Anyone have any other bargaining ideas? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EyeOfRound is offline Senior Member
    Out of shape waitress at an Indian restaurant we went to tonight: "Ok, you're having tandoori salmon and what else? Nothing? What about rice? No? Ok, then naan? Are you SURE you don't want naan? What to drink for you? Just water? Are you sure?"

Constant feedback and questioning about your eating choices sure is annoying.

EyeOfRound is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EyeOfRound View Post
    Out of shape waitress at an Indian restaurant we went to tonight: "Ok, you're having tandoori salmon and what else? Nothing? What about rice? No? Ok, then naan? Are you SURE you don't want naan? What to drink for you? Just water? Are you sure?"

Constant feedback and questioning about your eating choices sure is annoying.
    Oh, forgot to add: my date told me he mentioned my paleo thing to a friend of his, whose response was "HOW DOES SHE GET HER CARBS?!"

Uh, ever heard of fruit? LOL. (I personally eat dairy, also)

Meegads is offline Senior Member
    I have one. I have a GORGEOUS custom-built buckaroo saddle that hubby had commissioned for me a few years ago. I've lost so much weight, the dang thing barely fits anymore!! And there's no way we could afford to have it replaced anytime soon. Guess I'll just have to tighten my bucking rolls...
    Life is short. Eat Beef!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

orielwen is offline Senior Member
    For the people wanting fitted shirts, if you can stand the extra cleaning involved in wearing silk instead of cotton then get them done at The Silk Shirt Company Made to Measure Shirts for 35 each (far cheaper than a cotton shirt in the UK). They will do them to your exact measurements rather than just a general 'fit'. My husband got some off them a couple of years ago.

BeeBop is offline Junior Member
    Outside of discussions around the causative factors of bloating and general digestive disruption, I find I can no longer use the expression "the best thing since sliced bread" with the same conviction....! Wildly inconvenient as one can imagine.

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeBop View Post
    Outside of discussions around the causative factors of bloating and general digestive disruption, I find I can no longer use the expression "the best thing since sliced bread" with the same conviction....! Wildly inconvenient as one can imagine.
    Easy. "The best thing since bacon." Fixed.
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

noreaster is offline Junior Member
    Before, I used to feel like all my clothes looked bad on me so I was always wanting to go clothes shopping and looking for different clothes......and now all the clothes I have in my closet suddenly look a lot better on me so I don't even need to go clothes shopping.

Little late to the party, but I had accepted my new look and bought nice work pants to accommodate my new found size, went primal now all my clothes (especially khaki pants) look baggy and bunchy on me. It sucks. I need all new clothes. They ain't cheap.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Page 52 of 81 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast