Page 50 of 81 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: "Frustrations" with paleo/primal page 50

lil milo is offline Junior Member
    east of the mississippi, north of the mason-dixon line
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by lil milo View Post
    dear Kakes and Rich,

thank you for reading my post and for the gentle nudge.

milo
    ...just found out my ldl levels are elevated for the first time in my life!
    yep...this primal stuff is working out great for me.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    ^if you just started, it can take your body a little time to adjust. Re-test in a 3-6 months and stop panicking!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Kakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lil milo View Post
    ...just found out my ldl levels are elevated for the first time in my life!
    yep...this primal stuff is working out great for me.
    Please read/watch this and calm yourself.
    I have high cholesterol, and I don’t care
    You don't have to be sick to get better.
    Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
    Primal start: 1/2/2012
    My Primal Journal
    Living, loving and learning.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    My rings are pretty lose now! At least my favorite (skeleton key that wraps around my finger) is adjustable, but rings that I wore in high school at 115 - 118 lbs are too lose now. I guess that means that I'm doing good things for my lean body mass since I'm larger now, but 118 lbs
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I got down to a size 1/2. Started working out my legs again (besides walking/ running), and am suddenly back into 4s just so my thighs and ass can fit. Yay for being able to shop at more than 3 stores again!
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Buffdv is offline Senior Member
    I agree with all on the cholesterol thing, don't worry about it and give it time. I just had mine checked and here is what I got. before was >262 lbs of fat lazy miserableness, after was <230 lbs of sprinting healthy goodness.

total 198 to 233
    ldl 121 to 163
    hdl 50 to 53
    trigl 136 to 86

Overall, it was pretty good progress according to what I deciphered from reading several of Mark's posts on cholesterol. But, most of all I'm with Kakes. I don't give a crap what my cholesterol is. I am leaner healthier and feel better at 45 than I have felt in 10 years or more. I'm not doing anything to mess that up again!!! Certainly nothing based on some bullshit conventional wisdom number that "they" think my cholesterol should be.

Here is my frustration of the week (actually a few weeks ago)

I was at my daughter's soccer game with my wife (who is also primal) in our Vibrams and needed to go to the trash can about 50 yards away. So, I challenged my wife to a race to the can and back. Not only did she beat my ass :-) but in trying too hard to catch up after some dude walked out in front of me I bit the dust and jammed my elbow into my ribs and broke something. So now I have broken ribs because I actually feel good enough to want to race my wife to a trash can at a soccer game. Took a couple of weeks before I could get back to push ups and pull ups. I missed them!! Now I'm ready for another race and I'm gonna kick her ass this time!! :-D

Wife's response:

You aint kicking my ass dude

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Just a heads up for the suit guys out there-

Got a catalog for dressy clothes called Charles Tyrwhitt the other day. They have shirts in 3 different cuts: Classic (fatty), Slim (medium fatty) and then if you can handle plain white or lilac gingham (in English: purple tablecloth pattern) or a few other ugly choices, you can get them in the even slimmer cut, which they call Tailored.

Actually, the choices aren't so limited if you like to iron or get your stuff washed at a dry cleaner, but I literally think they have 6 choices in tailored cut AND wrinkle free. 5 ugly and white.

I ordered 3 plain white ones and will let everyone know if they fit at all. I have been keeping my suit jacket on most of the time to conceal the billowing shirt material and I'm hoping I won't have to as the days get warmer.

The sneaky bastards do charge $3 additional to put a pocket on the shirts. I will update when they come (might be 2 weeks, because getting POCKETS on a DRESS SHIRT is a customization?!) as to the fit and quality.
    Got the shirts finally. Took forever to get the pockets sewn on and have the shirts delivered from London apparently.

They're still looser than I was hoping for. So far, I'm planning to keep an eye out for Paul Fredrick sales on their Trim Fit shirts when I need new ones. But these will work.

Spubba is offline Senior Member
    Well... damn it, it's time to go buy more (smaller) pants. The crazy thing is that I haven't lost much WEIGHT (only a couple pounds per month) but my body is losing square footage like crazy, apparently to the point where my co-workers have nicknamed me DD for Droopy Drawers.

Also had to ditch some more blouses.

Primal is getting expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by spubba View Post
    my body is losing square footage like crazy, apparently to the point where my co-workers have nicknamed me dd for droopy drawers.
    lmao!!! :-d

Page 50 of 81 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast