Page 5 of 81 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: "Frustrations" with paleo/primal page 5

Belforte is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    That whole balancing act of losing weight/buying clothes/looking like a homeless person when they get lose.

I do recommend buying one pair of good jeans as all the compliments will keep you motivated.

Having to fight the old ladies for the meat bones (especially knee bones).
    Life. Be in it.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Now that I can fit into cute (sexy) halloween costumes, I have to find a party to attend.

AND worse, my husband wants me to go to the Halloween store after the holiday and surprise him with a few more new outfits. When did he get so kinky?

fpsjosh01 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Now that I can fit into cute (sexy) halloween costumes, I have to find a party to attend.

AND worse, my husband wants me to go to the Halloween store after the holiday and surprise him with a few more new outfits. When did he get so kinky?
    When you started eating bacon :-P.
    Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
    Follow me on google+
    Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
    "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

Uppy is offline Member
    Starting this week, loss of padding in the hind end has resulted in discomfort at work.

NurseMama5 is offline Senior Member
    Like a lot of other people here, primal has ruined my taste for non-primal food. Mayonnaise with veg oil is disgusting. My husband bought chocolate cereal and imagined how it would taste, I could taste the cocoa in my mouth, I gave in and took a bite, and spit it out. It just wasn't that good. At a buffet where I was going to cheat, I got a whole bunch of desserts and didn't take more than one bite of each, It just wasn't that good.

I suppose it's a good thing
    "I tried to call the nurse again, but she's bein' a little bitch....I think I'll get outta here." Pink

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Like a lot of other people here, primal has ruined my taste for non-primal food. Mayonnaise with veg oil is disgusting. My husband bought chocolate cereal and imagined how it would taste, I could taste the cocoa in my mouth, I gave in and took a bite, and spit it out. It just wasn't that good. At a buffet where I was going to cheat, I got a whole bunch of desserts and didn't take more than one bite of each, It just wasn't that good.

I suppose it's a good thing
    I get there sometimes, but still enjoy a bite or two of some treats if they contain things that are/seem natural. Carrot cake, cheesecake, anything made with real chocolate, these can sidetrack me now and then. Not that it matters much, I'm easily 95% Primal.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    I get there sometimes, but still enjoy a bite or two of some treats if they contain things that are/seem natural. Carrot cake, cheesecake, anything made with real chocolate, these can sidetrack me now and then. Not that it matters much, I'm easily 95% Primal.
    Ive totally found that my taste for treats has changed. Used to be I would inhale any cake or cupcake or brownie that came around, no matter how stale and store-bought. Now, that mass-produced crap tastes like chemicals and mush, and I only splurge on real quality bakery products or homemade.

So, wait, lets turn this into a "frustration": I cant eat those starchy grocery store sugar cookies with day-glo spraypainted frosting anymore! Wah!
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Paleobird Guest
    All those products languishing in my drawers in the bathroom. Things that were suppose to make my nails grow or my hair and skin be healthily glowing. Such a waste. Now I'm just glowing healthily without all the "stuff".

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Yesterday I was out shopping downtown, and call it vanity but whenever im going around downtown around the fancy stores I like to dress up a bit in nice, put-together-looking outfits (sort of a see-and-bee-seen mentality). Anyway, I put on a favorite outfit combination of mine and hit the town. Within an hour I was regretting my decision because these awesome designer skinny jeans that I love were BAGGY AS HELL and FALLING OFF ME all over the place. Rather than looking neat and put together, it was an over-sized mess. And I only bought these jeans two months ago!

Also, since so many clothes fit me now I no longer felt compulsed to buy ANY clothes that fit and I walked away with only three tops. Such a waste of time.
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Liam View Post
    My wife ordered me to stop wearing my wedding ring as it was falling off too much. Not allowed to get it resized until I finish losing weight.
    Get a good chain or leather cord necklace and wear it inside your shirt, maybe? I did this back when I was allergic to my wedding ring.

Quote Originally Posted by fpsjosh01 View Post
    when I subtly mention to my parents that they're full of bologna.
    That sounds like subtlety to me.

Quote Originally Posted by NurseMama5 View Post
    primal has ruined my taste for non-primal food.
    Seriously. We often want to go out to eat but nothing really appeals, because everything we cook at home is so much better. So it's all sashimi, all the time for our dinners out.

As for my primal "frustrations"...

• Having to plan ahead what to feed my kid on outings instead of merely stuffing her full of random fast food junk or bringing a bag of Goldfish crackers.
    • The time it takes to cook delicious homemade food, bonding with my husband as we do so, etc. That's quality time we could be spending on TV instead, dammit!
    • Losing weight and NOT being able to buy new clothes -- but then I remember that's just because I hung onto clothes from years ago when I was thinner.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Page 5 of 81 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast