Page 43 of 81 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: "Frustrations" with paleo/primal page 43

Shawn Mihalik is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Spubba View Post
    I'd gripe about the cost of real primal food too, but I eat so much LESS of it these days (and stay satisfied for far longer than I ever did eating SAD/CW) that I can't gripe too much.

But OH GOD THE COST OF BUYING NEW CLOTHES. I've dropped enough dress sizes now that I had to break down and get new shirts and shorts for this summer - what I wore last year just isn't going to cut it this year, I've shrunk so much. And I know I'll probably be out buying a whole other wardrobe this fall.

My wallet, it's crying.

Some days it just feels weird, being me. I'm not hungry all the time anymore. I turn down food all the time, too - that old carb-addiction is dead and buried. Food tastes weird sometimes, like it lost its appeal, and I just don't want it, in other words, only feel like eating when I'm truly hungry. I know these are all good side effects but they take some getting used to. And since I've lost weight, my body's become squishy and shaped weird and uncomfortable. I have new corners.
    I know exactly how you feel w/r/t buying new clothes. But the good news is that eventually you lose all the weight you're going to lose, so you know longer have to buy smaller clothes all the time; and then your body composition just continues to get better and better to the point that you don't care what you're wearing because you know you look good in anything these days, and you'd even be perfectly happy if for some reason you didn't have any clothes to wear at all.

alphamango is offline Junior Member
    My 'fitted' t-shirts are too baggy around my waist but too small around my arms.
    I might have go back to living in tank tops again.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Nobody makes men's dress shirts that fit correctly proportioned men. Nobody. I'm certain of it. I've tried every brand and cut. Slim Fit. Trim Fit. City Fit. Modern Fit. Fitted. Athletic Fit.

Someone please tell the shirt manufacturers that I can have a 15 1/2-16 inch neck and 32-33 inch arms without being obese. Tucking all the extra material in at the sides never keeps for more than 20-30 minutes. Even if I don't sit down. And the tailor wants more than the shirts cost to tailor them. At least I can buy a size 14 in non-dress shirts where I don't have to close it around my neck. Argh!

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Nobody makes men's dress shirts that fit correctly proportioned men. Nobody. I'm certain of it. I've tried every brand and cut. Slim Fit. Trim Fit. City Fit. Modern Fit. Fitted. Athletic Fit.

Someone please tell the shirt manufacturers that I can have a 15 1/2-16 inch neck and 32-33 inch arms without being obese. Tucking all the extra material in at the sides never keeps for more than 20-30 minutes. Even if I don't sit down. And the tailor wants more than the shirts cost to tailor them. At least I can buy a size 14 in non-dress shirts where I don't have to close it around my neck. Argh!
    I know, I've noticed that even "European fit" mens clothes have started to shift to American proportions. I guess our bad influence is spreading >.<
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

yodiewan is online now Senior Member

This is why I hate wearing button-down dress shirts. I feel like a clown with all that extra material billowing out all around the waistband unless I keep my jacket on. Fortunately, I very rarely have to wear a suit. Polos generally fit much better.

lssanjose is offline Senior Member

I'm in the same boat. I'm small, but my neck is thick...
    If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    It is not as much a part of the "real world". I especially hate spending time with the public who are Kardashian kurvy or even fat and I'm not much better off because of my weekly cheats. I cheated with pizza today, had kind of a low moment.

Spubba is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fiercehunter View Post
    It is not as much a part of the "real world". I especially hate spending time with the public who are Kardashian kurvy or even fat and I'm not much better off because of my weekly cheats. I cheated with pizza today, had kind of a low moment.
    There's an easy solution for that problem. Whenever you go into a public place, scream at the top of your lungs "I HATE FAT PEOPLE!!! FAT PEOPLE GET AWAY FROM ME!!!" and do this every 20-30 seconds or so. Pretty soon you'll be all by your lonesome and won't have to deal with the Kardashian-kurvy or even fat general public. Those nasty gluttons probably eat things like pizza, too.

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fiercehunter View Post
    You know, I was going to say something really mean, but honestly? Good luck with those body image issues. You're going to need it.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Spubba is offline Senior Member
    Get some pepper spray, Fierce, you're gonna need it
    Attachment 6772

Page 43 of 81 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast