Page 42 of 81 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: "Frustrations" with paleo/primal page 42

Sunnivara is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fiercehunter View Post
    People look at your cart.
    I get frustrated looking at other people's carts. I see a 300lb woman with a cart full of "healthy" whole grain breakfast cereals, breads, rice, pasta, and heaps of other "low-fat" or "fat-free" packaged goods and want to stop her and say, hey, this stuff is killing you!

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnivara View Post
    I get frustrated looking at other people's carts. I see a 300lb woman with a cart full of "healthy" whole grain breakfast cereals, breads, rice, pasta, and heaps of other "low-fat" or "fat-free" packaged goods and want to stop her and say, hey, this stuff is killing you!
    When I was going through the English program for my B.A., I encountered a lot of Emily Dickinson's work. One of her poems was about how to tell the truth, preferring a more roundabout approach, instead of in-your-face. Of all her poems I covered, this was the only one having stood out, since I finished; and, has become my favored approach when informing others of whatever insights I've collected

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lssanjose View Post
    When I was going through the English program for my B.A., I encountered a lot of Emily Dickinson's work. One of her poems was about how to tell the truth, preferring a more roundabout approach, instead of in-your-face. Of all her poems I covered, this was the only one having stood out, since I finished; and, has become my favored approach when informing others of whatever insights I've collected
    "Tell the truth, but tell is slant", right?

rccrsphil is offline Senior Member
    I have a lot more space in my pantry when I tossed out all of the pasta, rice and bread, only to be overtaken by the addition of lots of new cooking spices.

Quote Originally Posted by yodiewan View Post
    "Tell the truth, but tell is slant", right?
    something along those lines. It's been a while, haha. When it comes to telling people about it, I found, introducing gluten free is a great launching pad. It seems like there's greater sympathy for those under the spell of gluten sensitivity/intolerance.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Junk Food tastes like shit after eating real food. I want to like the junk food- the fried chips last night with blue cheese and buffalo sauce looked so good. I ate one and it tasted like shit and had that nasty aftertaste. The St Patricks Day whoopie pie. Gross. My beloved hashbrown patties- eww.

And my new junk food is so frickin expensive- 85% chocolate with hazelnuts. Raw milk local cheddar. Real cream. The fixings for flourless chocolate cake or mousse.

Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    Junk Food tastes like shit after eating real food. I want to like the junk food- the fried chips last night with blue cheese and buffalo sauce looked so good. I ate one and it tasted like shit and had that nasty aftertaste. The St Patricks Day whoopie pie. Gross. My beloved hashbrown patties- eww.

And my new junk food is so frickin expensive- 85% chocolate with hazelnuts. Raw milk local cheddar. Real cream. The fixings for flourless chocolate cake or mousse.
    When you get used to real food; and appreciate its taste, you don't want to go elsewhere.
    If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

Spubba is offline Senior Member
    I'd gripe about the cost of real primal food too, but I eat so much LESS of it these days (and stay satisfied for far longer than I ever did eating SAD/CW) that I can't gripe too much.

But OH GOD THE COST OF BUYING NEW CLOTHES. I've dropped enough dress sizes now that I had to break down and get new shirts and shorts for this summer - what I wore last year just isn't going to cut it this year, I've shrunk so much. And I know I'll probably be out buying a whole other wardrobe this fall.

My wallet, it's crying.

Some days it just feels weird, being me. I'm not hungry all the time anymore. I turn down food all the time, too - that old carb-addiction is dead and buried. Food tastes weird sometimes, like it lost its appeal, and I just don't want it, in other words, only feel like eating when I'm truly hungry. I know these are all good side effects but they take some getting used to. And since I've lost weight, my body's become squishy and shaped weird and uncomfortable. I have new corners.

Quote Originally Posted by Spubba View Post
    I'd gripe about the cost of real primal food too, but I eat so much LESS of it these days (and stay satisfied for far longer than I ever did eating SAD/CW) that I can't gripe too much.

But OH GOD THE COST OF BUYING NEW CLOTHES. I've dropped enough dress sizes now that I had to break down and get new shirts and shorts for this summer - what I wore last year just isn't going to cut it this year, I've shrunk so much. And I know I'll probably be out buying a whole other wardrobe this fall.

My wallet, it's crying.

I hear you, on that. I might end up going to the tailor, more often. This will definitely make my wallet cry, even more.

Some days it just feels weird, being me. I'm not hungry all the time anymore. I turn down food all the time, too - that old carb-addiction is dead and buried. Food tastes weird sometimes, like it lost its appeal, and I just don't want it, in other words, only feel like eating when I'm truly hungry. I know these are all good side effects but they take some getting used to. And since I've lost weight, my body's become squishy and shaped weird and uncomfortable. I have new corners.
    Yeah, I hear you on this, too.
    If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

Bron is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    being primal doesn't tighten skin stretched from being pregnant 4 times :lol Such a tiny amount of fat sitting under the apron, but how on earth can I get rid of the skin??

Page 42 of 81 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast