Page 40 of 81 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: "Frustrations" with paleo/primal page 40

Kate Ruckman is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by lashes86 View Post
    I get frustrated when watching commercials about "healthy" foods. TV is not as enjoyable anymore :P
    Oh, yeah, and grocery shopping, or going out with friends for dinner and REALLY wanting to comment on their choices. People really don't want to be preached to--I don't! So I usually just wait for someone to comment on my choices, or why I'm passing them my toast, THEN I can tell them what I'm doing and why, and how much better I feel!
    Best--
    Kate

Still Craving Pterodactyl--my Primal Blueprint blog

70 is the new 50--without the hot flashes!

Goals: Feel good, be stronger, and hopefully kick that arthritis in the backside! Oh, yeah, and losing more weight would be okay, too.

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    The truth is even scarier than most of us imagine. No the carbs aren't safe............3/4 of the year they are lethal. If you like being old on the inside, keeping working out like a maniac and counting carbs-
    THE HOLY TRINITY: CT-4 - Jack Kruse

Grains products even in moderation aged me in my 30s- TRUTH!

Uppy is offline Member
    I used to be able to get away with shaving every other day. Not anymore. It's either growing faster, or just not having to struggle through as much face fat anymore.

Jreyes2265 is offline Member
    I sometimes feel deprived, but I think that's just because I'm into my 2nd week with this new way of eating. Sometimes I feel great full of energy, other times I don't feel as energized. Hoping to get more consistent soon.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Finding size 28 or smaller-waist pants can be a pain, but I'd forget about buying pants in the boys' department. Even if you find a pair that isn't cut for a 28-inch pair of hips (e.g. 0 muscle in your legs), they invariably have tiny, useless pockets that man-sized hands can't even fit into.

I find I have better luck with t-shirts and polo shirts. Oh yeah, and belts. I only shop for non-dress belts in the boys' stores now. For work (suit) belts, I buy the reversible ones in whatever size they have and unscrew the belt from the buckle (precision screwdrivers are required), cut off a big piece, poke new holes, and put it back together. Takes less than 5 minutes to make a 44 into a 28.
    I'll take your belt, pants, and shirt tips to heart. About the boys sized pockets: that's something I didn't, but should, account for, since I've got a Galaxy Nexus, which fits perfectly in my pocket.

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate Ruckman View Post
    Oh, yeah, and grocery shopping, or going out with friends for dinner and REALLY wanting to comment on their choices. People really don't want to be preached to--I don't! So I usually just wait for someone to comment on my choices, or why I'm passing them my toast, THEN I can tell them what I'm doing and why, and how much better I feel!
    When I went back to California, after having spent the first six months of the year, here in Oregon, I did some real explaining to some friends of mine. I had to explain, usually, after my friends would witness my refusal of beans, and tortilla (yet the waiter insisted I just share those instead, of discarding them outright...). I had some interesting conversations at my sister's wedding weekend, because I had informed her of my switch to Paleo/Primal, when she emailed us attendees, there was going to be an italian dinner after the wedding ceremony. She assured me, there were going to be some options for me (surely, there were some good ones ). But, what was interesting to me was having a sane conversation with my brother-in-law's sister, who recently turned vegetarian (not sure vegan).

Trina68 is offline Junior Member
    I wanted to make some humorous complaints, but after a full minute of contemplation, I only could come up with loose clothes. No complaints from me! Hehehe.

Kate Ruckman is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lssanjose View Post
    When I went back to California, after having spent the first six months of the year, here in Oregon, I did some real explaining to some friends of mine. I had to explain, usually, after my friends would witness my refusal of beans, and tortilla (yet the waiter insisted I just share those instead, of discarding them outright...). I had some interesting conversations at my sister's wedding weekend, because I had informed her of my switch to Paleo/Primal, when she emailed us attendees, there was going to be an italian dinner after the wedding ceremony. She assured me, there were going to be some options for me (surely, there were some good ones ). But, what was interesting to me was having a sane conversation with my brother-in-law's sister, who recently turned vegetarian (not sure vegan).
    Hooray, sane conversations are GOOD. I don't understand why some people get so rabid about someone else's personal choices. I am a happy omnivore, I tried vegetarianism and it wasn't for me...so what's the big deal!? I like it a lot when it ISN'T. A friend of mine is a long-time vegetarian, and we just accepted eachother's preferences. That's nice...

So far I've had more luck in restaurants...if I say no beans, no rice, no tortillas, that's what I get! (I did have a big old honkin' piece of toast as a crouton on my last salad, after saying no bread, please, but I just gave it to my non-Primal friend.)
    Best--
    Kate

Still Craving Pterodactyl--my Primal Blueprint blog

70 is the new 50--without the hot flashes!

Goals: Feel good, be stronger, and hopefully kick that arthritis in the backside! Oh, yeah, and losing more weight would be okay, too.

molaina is offline Junior Member
    I raise eyebrows when I buy a shawarma and leave the pita bread on the side.

My friends go blank when they ask about eating primal. Then, after some seconds, I get the standard question: "so you don't drink beer?... What do you eat then?"

alan713ch is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I forgot to pick up my pastured eggs CSA. At least I know it would go to a good cause (my farm donates the food that is not picked up)

Page 40 of 81 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast