Page 32 of 81 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: "Frustrations" with paleo/primal page 32

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    So normally my work is a tshirt and jeans sort of office, but today Im wearing nicer clothes cause of a work related dinner tonight. I havent worn heels in months and months (since a friend of mines wedding in october, actually) and even though I am wearing what was before a VERY comfortable, well-made pair of heels and have been walking aorund barefoot all day in the actual office, zomg my feet and legs hurt soooo bad. Its kinda leading to general all-over feelings of crap too. Im going to try and scrape together a decent pair of flats before tonight.

Vibrams needs to make some formal-type shoes stat.
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Kakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvidae View Post
    So normally my work is a tshirt and jeans sort of office, but today Im wearing nicer clothes cause of a work related dinner tonight. I havent worn heels in months and months (since a friend of mines wedding in october, actually) and even though I am wearing what was before a VERY comfortable, well-made pair of heels and have been walking aorund barefoot all day in the actual office, zomg my feet and legs hurt soooo bad. Its kinda leading to general all-over feelings of crap too. Im going to try and scrape together a decent pair of flats before tonight.

Vibrams needs to make some formal-type shoes stat.
    For the rare moments when I need an "acceptable" formal looking shoe, I have a pair of Dr Scholl's Fast Flats folded up in my purse. They are cheap, and not perfect, but especially if I'm wearing slacks or a long skirt, they do the trick.
    You don't have to be sick to get better.
    Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
    Primal start: 1/2/2012
    My Primal Journal
    Living, loving and learning.

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Heels suck. I am all about flimsy ballet flats. They are basically all I wear. My feet can grip and flex the way they're supposed to, I can feel what I'm walking on, and they look nice. I am just not a "casual", sneakers sort of person, and I'm too poor for Vibrams anyway. So cheapo ballet flats get my seal of approval for being about as unobtrusive as you can get for mega cheap while still looking fancy.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Spubba is offline Senior Member
    I spend a lot more time shopping, cooking, and researching recipes than I used to. Good thing I like to shop, read and cook, or I'd be driven crazy by now.

My kids (and my) nails are growing faster since going Primal. I can't keep up! I swear I've just clipped them and then my two year old starts looking like she was attacked by a cat. And of course they are dirty all of the time... because they're kids- who play outside and eat with their hands.
    My Primal Journal

Fabbecky is offline Senior Member
    Okay - serious frustration for a moment - apparently my nails - which have been prone to ridging tearing, snapping, breaking, and white spots my whole life have pointed to a serious B12 deficiency my whole adult life! I am frustrated that no Dr. even considered I might be low in B12 until a blood test I demanded in January!

I am glad I am taking charge of my own health...
    Quote Originally Posted by L8F View Post
    ... I drank the fermented koolaid, and am totally on board...

I'm alergic to carbs - they make me break out in fat!

KSwife is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalon View Post
    And that, by the way, is one of my MAJOR "frustrations": I love the feeling of my clothes falling off (20 pounds down in three months!) but I'm a six foot tall woman living in South Korea. I couldn't go out and buy new clothes even if I could afford it!

:
    I'm 6'1" and it's hard enough finding tall women's clothes here in the states. I can't imagine trying it in Korea.

I'm already down 15 pounds since the first of January, and if it keeps up like this, I'll be doing some serious shopping in a few more weeks. I've already replaced my favorite long denim skirt in the next smaller size.

curlygirl is offline Senior Member
    I have so much energy, I have to play my music louder.... to the shagrin of anyone around me
    My blog: Paleo Musings
    Tweeting all things primal: Twitter
    FaceBook: PaleoMusings

We get one shot at life, let's make it amazing

Bought 3 pairs of new pants less than a week ago.... already starting to need a belt. I'm getting thin and toned and sexy(er)! Boohoo!
    Just when I'd gotten into the mindset of "buy clothes that fit you no matter what the size #s say. Don't buy clothes to shrink into."
    I just never imagined it was possible to shrink this fast!
    My Primal Journal

seashells is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by unsuperb View Post
    And there are sock garters for ladies: Socks by Sock Dreams Sock Garters
    I want the spiked ones
    Oh ouch- can't cross your legs in those!

Page 32 of 81 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast