Page 28 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast

Thread: "Frustrations" with paleo/primal page 28

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    *I have a waist, hips, thighs, and ass. Most clothing manufaturers say "Pick any two."
    Yup

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I've gotten lucky with Old Navy's The Dreamer, but I think that, with dong squats again, I'll hafta go up to 4 and them take in the waist.
    I love these jeans! They are the only jeans I wear, although I'm a size 4. (someday, maybe, I'll be a 2)
    My only problem with them is the regular length is too long and the short length is too short
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    I love these jeans! They are the only jeans I wear, although I'm a size 4. (someday, maybe, I'll be a 2)
    My only problem with them is the regular length is too long and the short length is too short
    I would say I hem them, but that's not even true. I just drag the tracks out until they're the right length, because I'm lazy like that.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    My mom has been getting more and more primal. Her frustration lately: "All my clothes don't fit! I started this to get healthy, not to lose weight!! I have to get all new pants!"

On my end, I too took a load of pants to donation/ consignment yesterday. Like eight pairs. Some of them were unique finds in and off themselves that I loved and it broke my heart to part with them.
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    I just hate how when all my good groceries run out now (meat and cream and vegs) I can't slack for a few days eating noodles and dry cereal and whatever else is in the pantry before going shopping again, because now all that's in my pantry is tea.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    you know that's right, gravyboat. LOL it's so funny that there are really no cheap primal meals. I find that if I want to spend within my budget, I am forced to IF several days a week.

luckily, i really only eat two meals a day anyway, not like it's a problem.

Yeah, it can definitely get a little pricey. I found a butcher in my area who sells small freezer packs, though. About 30lbs of mixed meats (sirloin steaks, whole chickens, bacon, fresh sausage, etc) for about $100. It's not grass-fed (that I know of) but I totaled out that 30lbs of the various stuff in the package would give me ~90 servings total, so three meat meals a day. Stuff like shepherd's pie, chicken soup (with homemade broth!), baked porkchops and apples with cinnamon, bacon/chocolate/beer chili, salisbury steak swimming in butter, chicken pot pie filling, and stuff like that. Not bad at all. My total grocery budget is $200 a month, but I'm pretty sure I can buy produce and eggs and cream for under $100 if I shop only at the farmer's market. Yay farmers markets!

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    Bah. Sweet potato is less than a dollar a pound. Add chicken thighs, cook all in advance. You can eat for $2 per meal and get plenty of protein. Also: Soup!

Gravyboat - How much do you pay for other stuff like cell phone service or car payments? No offense intended if you are truly hard up, and there are ways of eating primal cheaply, but prioritizing good food might require a slight budgetary re-think. Americans spend less of their income on food than any other country.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    Gravyboat - How much do you pay for other stuff like cell phone service or car payments? No offense intended if you are truly hard up, and there are ways of eating primal cheaply, but prioritizing good food might require a slight budgetary re-think. Americans spend less of their income on food than any other country.
    No offense taken. I know a lot of people are terrible with money and spend a ton on luxuries (fancy cellphones) instead of necessities (real food). I am on a fixed income. I live on $700 a month + $200 in food stamps. I also live alone with a $500 rent not including electric and internet, so I'm pretty much stretched as thinly as I can stretch. I don't drive (public transit and walking! Woo) and my phone is a basic dumbphone which a family member actually pays for (they work for the cell company so they have a decent employee discount). My small amount of spending money goes to antiques because they fill me with joy.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravyboat View Post
    My small amount of spending money goes to antiques because they fill me with joy.
    Gotta love that. I collect old 78rpm records and sheet music from about the 1930s and back (found some from the 1880s even, and the WWI stuff is awesome).

Anyway, back to the topic at hand...
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    Gotta love that. I collect old 78rpm records and sheet music from about the 1930s and back (found some from the 1880s even, and the WWI stuff is awesome).
    My vice is antique glassware. My kingdom for a complete set of 1938 Jeannette Ultramarine Swirl!

Anyway, "frustrations"... I sure do hate that the people ringing up and bagging my groceries don't even look twice at me now when buying meat and vegetables! It was so much nicer when they made a big production out of staring at me with disgust and contempt for daring to be a fat person buying junk food.

Also, if I don't put an immediate stop this disgusting upward trend of natural living (no plastic, no makeup, no 'poo, no grain, no sugar, no processed food, no shoes, etc), I'm likely to become so intolerably sanctimonious that I die from lack of social contact. Now I know how vegans feel.

Page 28 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast